"Jets will stink, Sanchez overhyped"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steves850, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Whitlock's the same guy that thought Herm Edwards was a great hire, and that C-Mart isn't a hall of fame back.

He's a fat fucking buffoon.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

The guy might be right, he might be wrong about Sanchez. Who knows. Point is that the Jets have never said he'll be great, they've just said he's progressing from last year in their eyes. It would be different if they came out and started bragging about him, but they didn't.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Who is hyping Sanchez up right now? He's still learning how to play in the league and he's still going to be leaning on his running game. I know a lot of people are talking about Santonio making the passing game better and the overall talent that is going to be at WR when he finally comes back in week 5 but who the fuck ever said Sanchez was a great QB?

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

People talk about USC like they are on a different level.

They are an elite program, but there's a number of elite programs. There's lots of guys who played on stacked college teams, and became good/great NFL QB's.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yes but the reason people give him credit is cause he couldve showed up VS Cincy and played like he did in NO and everyone would just say.

wow Sanchez was not only the reason they backed in, but also the reason they were ousted early.

Sanchez did a complete fucking 180 in the postseason. he went from below average to above average in a few weeks in the biggest games of his year.

this is all moot though cause like you say and anyone knows it. were loaded and the only thing holding this team back is lack of starting quality LG (we'll see) or if Sanchez hits a wall.

ALL Sanchez needs to do is what he did last year minus the 3 or 4 high turnover games. move the chains on 3rd downs, and help keep the defense a little honest. not WOW the world. although Id like to see it. the team around him has only gotten better. doing that would be the biggest victory we could get this season.

thats the beauty of it. it is far easier said than done though.

6. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Hold the fuckin phone...who the FUCK is Jason Whitlock?

found some info on him:
    Jason Whitlock writes about the sports world from every angle, including those other writers can't imagine or muster courage to address. His columns are humorous, thought-provoking, agenda free, honest and unpredictable.

The cliff notes version is that HE FUCKING SUCKS...and he's fat.

7. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

That was a pretty worthless article, overall. :(

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

This is the best.

Sanchez, Palmer, and Leinhart had is easy.

Yet Warner and and Big Ben, two supremely talented players, grew tough because of the talent they were surrrounded by at their mid-major schools.

Hey Jason, if you're surrounded by mediocre talent because you play for a mid-major school, guess what that means about your competition?

Two guys with hall of fame talent developed toughness by playing against defenses composed of players with skills that were 2 and 3 levels below them at best. Got it.

I mean, I have my doubts about Sanchez, but that is such a flawed example to prove his argument.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Agenda free? That's the LAST thing Whitlock is. There's a reason why he was fired from ESPN.

10. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

20 picks thrown while under pressure, sorry but I have to disagree, I know it was only preseason but Sanchez diid the same thing against the Redskins, they had a good drive going he got some pressure tried to force it & threw a pick near the other teams goal line. I hope that doesn't happen @ all this season because those are definitely momentum killers. Sometimes he looks solid like against the giants albeit after throwing another pick & sometimes he still looks lost. He better step up his play big time if we're going to make some noise this season.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I am certain that all of those INT's were not made when he was under pressure. I think you misunderstood my post. I have no illusions that he was a great or even good QB last season. I took issue with the claim that he didn't handle an unclean pocket well. I seem to recall him handling pocket pressure pretty well at times, moving around and making things happen.

12. Big Papi

Big Papi New Member

That Fact is Controversy sells! Sanchexz is still wet behind the ears, but show promised in the playoffs last year. If he continues to work hard & masters on how to read defenses he will be a very good QB, not elite. With that defense he dosent need to be elite, look eli manning was considered a bust his first few years & now considered a an Elite qb because of one play in the SB. we'll be fine as long as the players shut up & play ball. Let Rex ryan do the talking & players should do thier talking on the field!!!!!!!!

13. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Jason Whitlock can suck my big dick.

14. jetsons

I agree with you in that regard, I hope Sanchez improves his overall game (especially his decision making) & becomes one of the best QB's in the league...I am a Jet fan after all.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Brady was always on the bubble with Lloyd Carr and kept his job mainly because Carr had a rule that senior classmen always started if they'd been groomed for the job and underclassmen always sat until a path opened up for them to play. Despite that Drew Henson really challenged Brady for the job and nobody was sure that Brady should be playing except for Carr.

There's a reason that Michigan finished #5 in 1999 and Brady still lasted until the 6th round. That reason is that he really wasn't a great prospect or even that good a prospect at the time he was drafted. Charlie Weis worked a miracle there and Mo Lewis created the opportunity and Brady wound up prospering, after looking so weak down the stretch (remember that?) that people were openly speculating that Bledsoe might start the Super Bowl after his return from the rib. The tuck rule gave Brady and the Pats a second chance and they stepped right into history after that.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'd say..a healthy diet and some roids were the determining factor.

He went from about 190 coming out, to 225....at about 6'4"

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually it's more complicated than this. We think of the 3 and 4 int games as killer to the Jets last season. The fact is that they'd have lost those games if Sanchez threw 2 picks instead of going for broke.

He's going to lose a few games this year that look a lot better than the nightmares last year, in which he throws 2 picks instead of 3 or 4 or 5.

That's why I think everybody is well ahead of the game right now in thinking Sanchez is going to step right up and not lose us a few games.

His INT totals last year by start:

1 - 1
    2 - 0
    3 - 1
    4 - 3
    5 - 0
    6 - 5
    7 - 0
    8 - 0
    9 - 2
    10 - 4
    11 - 1
    12 - 0
    13 - 3
    14 - 0
    15 - 0

Ok, so take the 5 in week 6 and make it 3, take the 4 in week 10 and make it 2, take the 3 in week 13 and make it 2. Odds are the Jets would still lose all those games this season while Sanchez dropped his overall INT's to 15 or 16.

It's a learning process and he still has a lot to learn. If he makes it he'll know when to dump it off and throw it away and do anything but throw it up the seam to a lurking safety. That'll probably be in 2011 or even 2012. Young QB's throw picks, even the good ones. The all-time record for INT's by a rookie QB? Peyton Manning.

Edit: and yes, I realize that the Buffalo game was a total aberration given that the Jets could have just run the ball for a win. What happened with Schottenheimer and Sanchez in that game is nearly inexplicable. The only thing I've been able to come up with is that maybe Sanchez was chafing at the restrictions being placed on him after the New Orleans game and Schotty decided to give him some bitter medicine to try to shock him out of it. There's just no other earthly reason you let a young QB take that kind of pounding on a day you are rushing for 300 yards. It makes me angry just to think about it again.

#57 Br4d, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

1 - 1
    2 - 0
    3 - 1
    4 - 3
    5 - 0
    6 - 5
    7 - 0
    8 - 0
    9 - 2
    10 - 4
    11 - 1
    12 - 0
    13 - 3
    14 - 0
    15 - 0
    I think those numbers show Sanchez held the ball more than you think. Take those 4 games out (Bills, Falcons, Patriots, Saints) and Sanchez threw 5 Interceptions in the other 11 games total and 7 out of 15 games with 0 interceptions. That is pretty good for a rookie QB really.

Didn't Namath have a couple 5 INT performances during the Jets Super Bowl season?

I remember Eli threw like 3 pick 6's vs. Minnesota the year the Giants won it all.

Sanchez will have games like this again this year. We just have to not overreact.

19. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I actually agree with why he was fired from ESPN. He was absolutely right. His opinions on the social aspect of sports are sometimes more liberal than my own, but they're always well articulated.

-X-

20. jetsons

I HIGHLY doubt it, just because you've gained weight & muscle mass doesn't automatically mean your taking steroids. A good workout regimen w/proper nutrition will do the same...he's not even muscular looking he just filled out. When his head & feet grow several sizes like steroid king barry bonds let me know.

#60 jetsons, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010