Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well Anquan Boldin too. I just don't get the notion that Flacco is a big time QB. Against NE he didn't have to do much because of the running game and against Indy he was awful.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Man is correct.

A Hartsock penalty in buffalo.

2 ST errors against MIami

Sanchez throwing TD's for the Saints.

That's 12 right there.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's not about that. It's that he said we could have had 11 wins or 14. Just sounded weird.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

we blew so many games last year its mental. We really could of been a 11-5 team.

bills game? atrocious..6turnovers? and still almost won.
    Miami game 1? Didn't game play well enough.
    Miami game 2? atrocious special teams/fluke. Awful schotty play calling when the Jets had the ball at the end of the game.
    Falcons? 3 botched fieldgoal snaps.
    Jaguars? .........embarrassment. total lack of focus.

theres 5 games that we basically beat ourselves, and we learned from those mistakes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d81a631c6/Ray-s-rant

#324 JfaulkNYJ, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

6. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Wow those are actually some pretty big players missing this game for the birds....good to hear :jets:

7. JetsSFl

JetsSFl New Member

It's really hilarious reading the meltdown going on over at the Raves forum (talk.baltimoresun.com). Now they're into hysterics because Rex replied to the comment made earlier by Ray Lewis about Revis. Rex's statement didn't amount to much, not an insult or anything inflammatory, but those fans are just itching for anything. It's almost insane. Now their mods are taking some of those threads down. Good for laughs. :breakdance:

8. JetsSFl

JetsSFl New Member

The stuff that 's creating the back and forth friction --- profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/09/ray-lewis-goes-off-on-the-jets/

9. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

man everybody is picking the Ravens to win the Superbowl... its going to be a HUGE win if we beat the Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this is our toughest game all year IMO.

the ravens are basically the jets with better qb play and the defensive talent being in their actual pass rush as opposed to where ours lies in coverage.

if anyone worries me on the ravens its Ray Rice. the guy is a machine and all sorts of explosive.

we managed to shut down chris johnson last year. that being said I see the problems coming off of winning the turnover battle and not getting our backs broken on a blitz call that leaves rice in the open field for that one TD that could be the difference.

I only stress this cause obviously I see the Ravens trying to use the pass to open up their already stout running game that got keyed in on at times last year.

if we win the turnover battle I think we win this no qestion. No ed Reed should settle down the Sanchez turnover fears, but if any group can force our offense to shoot themselves its the Ravens.

on the other hand something not being harped on enough is the absence of Ravens OL Jared Gaither hes a very solid player who they held out some hope he might be able to make it for this opener but I read about him not suiting up yesterday and you know Rex is gearing up to bring pressure in that vacated spot.

point in case these teams are built to play the same brand of football they just go about it differently.

and if we can beat the ravens to open up our season were that much closer to ending the "paper champs" talk, especially considering if we have any real plans on being in the SB we'll have to see them in the playoffs again.

long story short: its going to be a hell of a game and a very good barometer for how ready this team really is.

if we win the turnover battle we have this in the bag IMO. then again establishing the run against a Ngata anchored front 7 is easier said than done. Lets just hope Slauson,Ducasse, and Woody keep Sanchez alive.

11. 624

624 Banned

They have a thread on ESPN picks for the game.

3/5 of the picks picked the Jets, so they are all screaming that they are "Raven Haters"

It's 2 good teams, I don't think it's hate if you pick either way.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I tried making an account over there but I'm waiting for them to verify it. Some of the posters there are downright delusional though. Must be something in the water there in Baltimore.

At least here people make educated predictions and analysis. Over there it's just homerism and exaggeration.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

As usual the most interesting thing about PFT is the comments. Some of them are funny:

14. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I haven't found a Ravens fan down here that thinks they can lose on Monday.

15. 624

624 Banned

I have no problem with thinking that your team is going to win, I haven't really found a Jet fan predicting a loss either.

It's just unrealistic fans predicting blowouts and having no knowledge of the other team's personnel that piss me off.

16. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

You guys are absolutely rediculous. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda this!!!!!!!!!!! You can do that for every team in the league. Hell the Bills should have been 9-7 and into the playoffs.

By the way you guys SHOULD have been 8-8. Lets not foget that the Bengals and Colts LET you guys walk into the playoffs. :shit:

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

OH, there is that too, they predict two score wins. Not being able to stop their offense at all. They claim that Sanchez is going to throw 2-3 picks every game.

It isn't that they are going to win it is that there is no way they can lose.

18. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

They truley think Anquan Boldin is the second coming of Jerry Rice...seriously they think he's really good..

19. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

They have three uncoverable pro-bowl receivers and two uncoverable pass catching TEs doncha know?

20. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

Oh yeah and Revis is rusty and Cromartie has like 28 children to worry about so he wont be able to play good..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.