Who is the Most Underrated New York Jet right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 8, 2010.

?

Who is the most underrated New York Jets player right now?

Poll closed Sep 29, 2010.
  1. Shaun Ellis

10.5%
  2. Brandon Moore

20.3%
  3. Brad Smith

11.2%
  4. Sione Pouha

13.0%
  5. Mike Devito

6.9%
  6. Bryan Thomas

6.2%
  7. Brodney Pool

6.9%
  8. Eric Smith

6.5%
  9. James Ihedigbo

4.7%
  10. Other

13.8%
  1. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Cotchery
    --------

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Moore.

Every other starter gets plenty of press and attention. He gets zero, and he is one of the longest tenured Jets.

Moore is a no brainer.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Before Harris was voted to the All-Pro squad I would have definitely picked him. But between that and his big contract he's about to get I wouldn't really say he's that underrated anymore. Don't get me wrong, I think he's tremendous and one of the top 3 or 4 MLB in NFL.

But I voted for Brandon Moore. He's one of the best RG's in the NFL and you never hear him talked about at all. Whenever the Jets need a big yard or 2, they run it to the right side right behind him every time. Also think Cotchery deserves some serious consideration for this poll.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought that was why Ellis should be chosen. He has been here since 2000. I am not sure if this is true, but Ellis has been in the playoffs in a Jets jersey more than anyone ever I would guess. 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2009. 13 appearances in our history, Ellis in 5 of them.

5. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Cotchery.

The guy never drops a ball, he has been our leading receiver for three straight years, never opens his mouth, great blocker. Wish we had more like him.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah it's pretty crazy, all last season through the playoffs he only had 1 drop.

7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I voted for Brad Smith, but it could just as easily be Bryan Thomas. 2 votes for him? The guy is rock solid against the run...never panned out as a pash rusher, but I'll take him on my team as a 4th (O)LB any day of the week.

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I think it's Pool, but Pouha is right there. Even in this thread, no one is talking about Pool. Teams shied away from him because of the concussion rumors, but this guy can play. Wait until the games count, and re-evaluate Pool. He's going to help us a lot. I hope his ankle is good enough to play against the Ravens.

Ellis gets a lot of shit on this board, but he's a pretty freakin good 3-4 DE too.

I can't say Moore because of the rep of our entire O line being called the best last year. It was good, especially at run blocking, but might be a tad over rated.

I hope we are all wrong and it turns out to be Sanchez!

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Ellis has gone to pro bowls. That's why I don't even find him underrated. We know how good he is.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

What exactly is Brad Smith underrated for? His ability to sit on the bench like a boss?

11. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

C'mon... It's gotta be DAVID HARRIS.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Jim Leonhard

The guy was an afterthought, and he made Kerry Rhodes look like a JV player. When the playoffs started, he became an animal. He was MONEY in the big games.

Remember when he recovered that fumble w/o his helmet? That was a fumble... He also upended a Bengal receiver inside the 10 to break up what would have been first and goal. Awesome.

To me he has out "Bart Scott-ed" Bart Scott as the Ravens import to make Rex's D hum.

#52 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

check the sig.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Well....I live in Canada....far far away from the NY/NJ market.

And when i ask my football buddies who they believe is a real consistent playmaker on the Jets' D.....they mention Revis, Jenks and even Pace. Harris is never mentioned.

That's how i know he's underrated.

When you ask fans of other teams outside the New York area....Harris is never the first player that comes to mind when they talk about our D. At least...that's been my experience.

You guys all make a good case for Moore, Cotchery, Devito and Ellis as well. I just wanted to explain my reasoning for choosing Harris.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

True, but I feel like on this current team, he is never even mentioned. Has his face even been shown on Hard Knocks?

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I also agree with Brandon Moore, him and Cotchery both are underrated as fuck

Cotchery if he stays a Jet his whole career may end up being my favorite Jet of all time, next to Curtis Martin

17. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Meat, and The Big Cat

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Moore but I also think that SLAUSON is being overlooked by many on this board for whatever reason.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Because he hasn't played a full game in his career.

You can't rate him at all yet.

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

David Harris - without question, any talk of top notch LB's in the league never even mention or include him in the discussion, which he should be. Fuck Revis, DH is the most important Jet on that side of the ball. We all know how good he really is but he is definitely the most underrated.