Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

God I love that movie. No homo.

Anyway, who is in the Ravens secondary for this game? I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean it. We legitimately should be putting up points this game.

Jets 21
    Ravens 14

2. 624

624 Banned

REPORTED.

filler

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Since we allowed 14.8 points a game last season, 10 points a half should get us a win more often than not.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

With Ed Reed out of an already unproven secondary the Jets will need to be able to get the ball to receivers. LT needs to have some catches to move the chains and Keller can't be a forgotten option. Best case scenario is the Jets are able to string together some solid clock churning drives and keep the Ravens D on the field. The Ravens O has a lot of weapons that can catch the ball and not having Pace around with Ray Rice coming out of the backfield could be abused.

This game will be physical and will come down to a mistake...Sanchez has to prove critics wrong and play like he did in the playoffs last year.

17-13 Jets, but I think the Ravens will have the ball late with a chance...does the D step up late n the 4th qtr this season and make a late stop?

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

^^^
    You write a good teaser. Lol

It's almost like a movie trailer.

6. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I have a "great amount of respect" for the Ravens. They are who I root for when it ain't the Jets because of the awesome "D" and the trash talking. When we got Rex from B-more it was a "dream" come true. When B-more went to the S-bowl no on could throw on them and you could not run on them either. Teams were highly frustated when they played them. The 2010 Jets are very much like them in every way +3. A QB who can ball control and not lose the game, check. A stingy secondary, check. A run stuffing defense, check. We have a better secondary+1, a better WR corps+1, and a better running game+1 than the Ravens(+3 ) had when they won the SB. However, whoever starts at guard is "our weekest link" is a real concern to get another player injured. Sanchez has a lot of "targets" but lacks the "knowhow" on how to utilize them at this present time. He does however have the "skillset" and "the fire" that all great QB have.
    Jets in Monday night blowout! No disrespect but considering Ravens slow start begining regular season!
    Jets 31
    Raven 3

#206 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think this game could go either way, but I'll go with Rex because he knows the Ravens so well and we're at home.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

My biggest concern is how are the jets going to shut down Ray Rice in the receiving game.

Who can/are they going to matchup with him ? I think Harris is the only linebacker who would even stand a shot vs him, and you cant have him on Rice all game.

9. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

U sir believe that mark Sanchez will put up 31 points on the ravens? That has got to be a joke. The same mark Sanchez that sucked so bad in the preseason Jenna jameson is jealous. Jets offensive strength is running the ball right? Check, hmm now what is the ravens defensive strength? Oh that's right stopping the run. You know for as much crap u guys give the ravens secondary they were still #8 last in passing defense with chris Carr as their starting cb, even though we played high powered offenses (colts, packers, vikes, patriots, steelers and chargers)

#209 damnboy19, Sep 8, 2010
  10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Yeah if the jets put up 31 points on the Ravens its going to be because of turnovers and special teams.

Maybe just MAYBE if we had Santonio and it was that beat up Ravens secondary thats one thing, but theyre a proud defense and theyre not gonna let Mark walk all over them

11. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

U know that can also be flipped the other way. Ray Lewis, j Johnson, ngata, Gregg, Landry .... have all been in Rex defense for at least 4 years each, they know Rex tendencies they know what he likes to call on certain downs. However Rex was only with flacco 1 year, he doesn't know what the offense tendencies are.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Every offense knows what were going to do.

We are gonna put our corners on them in man coverage and blitz the shit out of them especially on 3rd down.

The thing is theres nothing they can do about it simply because their WRs are outclassed by our corners.

13. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

What I'm still trying to figure out (not being sarcastic) is where do people get this idea that Sanchez will turn into Joe Namath. Did people see this guy in the preseason. He could have thrown at least 4 picks if not for def players dropping them. Inswear this kid is in for a rude awakening. Sanchez is going light up the ravens, child please.

14. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Well Sanchez's problem last year wasnt skill or talent but decision making. And thats something that will (likely) get better every single year. So on that factor alone he should get better every year for a while.

Combine that with him getting another monster receiver (Holmes) and finally having a receiving back that he can dump the ball to (LT) it would only make sense to expect him to get a lot better.

Hell look at Joe Flacco. Most people consider him a good/very good quarterback. If he didnt have Ray Rice to throw the ball to his numbers would be FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR worse. But since he has such a good receiving back when his primary targets arent open he can just dump it to the back for some easy yards.

So you could definitely expect that to have an impact on Sanchez.

That said anyone who thinks Sanchez is going to have 3500 yards and 30 tds and 15-20 ints is out of their mind.

A good year for him will be around 3k passing yards and maybe 20 tds- 17 ints

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You've done nothing but pull every word out of your ass since you've signed on.

The only thing you'll read on here is him limiting mistakes and being a game manager that won't turn the ball over.

You need to get over yourself. I find your lack of knowledge embarrassing.

Good day sir.

16. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

can someone ban that troll?

There should be grounds for banning for not knowing wtf you're talking about in every single post

17. JetsSFl

JetsSFl New Member

This ones good for laughs. On ravens forum at talk.baltimoresun.com they put up a post with a link to this thread and they're throwing a hissy fit over the predictions we're making here.

I think those fans are in for a major meltdown after monday night. The hype is that Housh has now elevated them to win the super bowl. ha ha. Why didn't Seattle think of that?

Jets 24
    Ravens 13

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

My original prediction was Jets 20, Ravens 13.

Now it's the Jets 77 and the Ravens 0. Sanchez will throw for 7 TD's against their laughable secondary. Revis will have two pick 6's because they tried to test him.

Shonn Greene will have the final 2 TD's after Conner scares the shit out of their LB crew.

#218 MadBacker Prime, Sep 8, 2010
  19. JetsSFl

JetsSFl New Member

Ha ha. you're killing em over there.

20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

???????????

Dude, 31-3???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.