The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

yes yes and yes.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Playing Flag Football.

Riding a Motorcycle (especially sans Helmet)

Holding out.

Pick Up Basketball.

All things that aggravate the risk of injury.

Many teams contract against the activities.

It does remain a possible outcome that would be due in large part to the holdout.

3. Hobbes3259

The KC Chiefs lost their 2007 season after LJ hurt his foot after a holdout.

Jamal Anderson blew out his knee (though...a catastrophic injury like that was far more likely to be coincedental)

But in baseball you see it frequently. Player get injured, starts coming back then winds up nursing a hammy.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the holdout and potential injuries have no correlation whatsoever.......outside of poor conditioning.

But Revis has admitted that he's in excellent shape...just not football shape yet. I don't think it's an insurmountable hill for him to climb...especially with his work ethic and elite skillset.

if he gets hurt.....it's because "shit happens"....not because of the holdout.....that's fucking stupid. He wasn't sitting and eating bon bons with Geiger for the last month....i'd like to believe he's more of a professional than that.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Revis wasn't injured, and he's not playing baseball. He's been training this whole time. You can argue he'll be rusty with the physical aspects of the game, but the injury risk is overrated. And running backs get injured all the time. I'm also curious how LJ could have better prepped his foot so the bone didn't break.

6. Hobbes3259

IJR, We had this very discussion a hundred pages ago.....

Merriman went thorugh it , I believe.

#12466 Hobbes3259, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  7. Denny

Denny Active Member

Well since Fav-re did it last year I should not think about it. Don't wanna sound like a Pussy...

8. Hobbes3259

This blows.

With everything settled there's nothing left to do but wait out Monday night.

Oh yes, P.S.

MNF Sucks balls

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm not sure what you find unfuckingbelievable... he's held out twice so far for more money. You honestly don't think he has the stones to do it a third time? That is what I would call being more than just being naive...

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Did you ever hear of the phrase "Let's cross that bridge when we come to it"?

He's signed....he's on the team....what the fuck are you looking for here?

Quit trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But to worry about it two days after he signs is beyond stupid.

The Jets have four seasons before he negotiates again. How about everyone just enjoys the fact that Revis is here?

Its a strawman argument trying to be pissed about anything Revis right now.

Everyone needs to get the fuck over this thing and prepare for the season.

Are the girls at the salon less bitchy about this situation? I'm not targeting anyone specific, I'd like this back and forth to finally stop and focus on the real problems at hand - like 3 divisional games in a row.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

thank you for showing up, voice of reason. :)

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I know for a fact he was training. Remember I broke the story. From what I heard it was pretty intense. Turns out he was working out with Ty Law among others.......

What I laugh about was he was not 2 miles from the Dolphins facility. So the best NFL player in all of South Florida wasn't even at the Dolphins camp.....lol

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Anderson had a record amount of (400+) carries the prior year. Plus he is a RB they have a much higher propensity for injuries.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

That is definatley one major flaw that he is responsible for. He also didn't have to hold out. He chose to hold out, he chose abandon his team, he chose to miss preseason. Those of us who are not Revis ball washers are able to recognize that he is personally responsible for his actions. Others feel the need to fall all over themselves making up bogus excuses for their hero's shoddy egocentric behavior. At the end of the day I just hope that Revis' selfish actions don't wind up materially harming the team or Revis.

#12475 AbdulSalam, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

People are just pissed about the situation is the way I am looking at it and they are going to bitch and moan. So let em... You guys getting equally worked up about it isn't doing anything but fanning the flames. As soon as we get a game (a winning game) into this season people are going to start forgetting this drama. That's usually what it takes most times.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

NY media is ridiculous (NFL media in general). This guy practically has a whole city on Revis hamstring watch, waiting to report the minute he even looks like he's thinking about being sore. Part of the deal I guess.

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I get all of that, I just don't see why it's unreasonable to harbor some measure of ill-will towards the guy for making the decisions that he did.

I'm personally moving forward, but I don't see what's wrong with other people taking longer, or even refusing to do so.

I mean, after he signed some posters went out of their way to make fun of others for being vocally anti-Revis through the process, saying mocking things along the lines of "where are they now that he's signed?!"

Now people are upset that those people are not going going away and have chosen to defend their position? It's not a wrong position to take, and everyone shouldn't have to move on in order to be "right."

For some fans sports is a business, but for others it's a relationship, so people are going to react to how their favorite teams and players conduct themselves differently.

19. Hobbes3259

And far too many short weeks because of Suckday Night Football.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't think its wrong to harbor any ill will, but it seems like a few people are almost pulling for him to get hurt so they can say they were right. Lots of bitter people in here, but that's OK. Takes all kinds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.