Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh. Yeah, that about covers it.

If the Jets can run on the Ravens, they should win, but most likely the success will be mixed. Sanchez may have to throw to win, at least enough to keep nine out of the box. And that scares me a bit.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Sanchez throwing should scare you less against the Ravens than against a lot of teams right now. Their secondary is in bad shape, and if the Ravens are putting 9 in the box, as you say, or even 8 in the box, I'm not too concerned about Sanchez airing it out. He mostly got into trouble in the preseason with teams who dropped an extra man or two into coverage and baited his throws.

3. Big Blocker

I know, but I still think the Jets will start out trying to establish the run. And that Sanchez has given us reason in the pre-season to be nervous about his decisions in the passing game.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

For the Jets this game is as much of a statement game as you could possibly have opening week... new stadium, Revis back, all the pieces in place, relatively injury free, and a banged up Ravens team that many would consider the class of the AFC.

The Jets need to come out and not just win... they need to kick the Ravens asses hard... send a message to the rest of the league. We've done the talking... time to do the walking.

I predict Jets over Ravens 23-21.

5. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Our Doug is a White.

6. Big Blocker

A win also would put all the off season controversy behind the team, while a loss, particularly a bad one, would bring out all the people who want to say the Jets' talking hurts them, Revis's holdout was a real distraction, blah blah blah.

It's hard to remember an opening day this big.

7. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

../filler

8. xxedge72x

I hope you remembered to knock on wood.

9. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wasn't he having a terrible camp anyway?

11. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

12. ........

........ Trolls

13. Terps

Terps New Member

I bought tickets to this game a few weeks ago, and I am a Ravens fan. I'm going with my buddy who is a Jets fan. Now, I am a respectable fan and I like the Jets a lot, in fact if the Ravens don't take the AFC, I am rooting for the Jets. I love the way they play and they win the right way with an awesome coach.

How are Jets fans in general at games? I'm not gonna get Beer thrown on me for wearing a Flacco jersey, am I. I'm not goig to act like a douche, but of course I'll cheer for the Ravens when they make plays. I'm just hoping most of the Jets fans are cool and not anything like Philly's lol.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Where are you sitting?

15. xxedge72x

Jets fans are usually respectful to other fans. Obviously you're going to have your handful of drunken morons who will try to ruin everyone's time, Jets and Ravens fans alike.

A word of advice: I saw a Dolphins fan learn the hard way the price of attending a game with a beanie with a poof on his head. Don't do it.

16. Terps

Terps New Member

I am sitting in one of the Upper Deck, Corner Endzone seats, I am not sure which section exactly.

17. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Went to a Ravens/Jets game a few years ago in Baltimore. The fans were great to me. I was wearing my Chrebet jersey. Now how they treated the couch ass was another story. He was wearing a Bettis jersey. I warned the dumbass. :steelers:

18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I lived on the West Coast for a long time and anytime I talked about JAPs people thought I was racist...

God bless east coast JAPS!

19. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Since the entire city of Philladelphia can go fuck itself/die, i'd say your never going to encounter fans that bad anywhere. That said you should be fine since its not really a rivalry game and the weather will be good/ its not a season deciding game where emotions will run that high. I went and saw the Jets play like total shit last year against the falcons after a huge snow storm. Eveyone was drunk and pissed off becuase we were throwing the season away (or at least we thought so at the time) not to mention if was 5 fuckin degrees outside and we standing in 6 inches of snow. After a while they started throwing snowball at the falcons bench/ some of the fans.

20. experto

experto Banned

Here is my key to the game:You know the jets will stop boldin with revis and mason with cromartie.The key is if kyle wilson can stop houzmanzadah in the slot reciever position the other key is to stop ray rice.As far as the jets offense we have to pass the ball this game on the ravens injured cbs.The jets will have a tough time running on the ravens with ray lewis there and nhata.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.