17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

They now are offering 0% down on PSL seats. I wonder what else they are offering now. Usually the person that waits the longest always gets the best deal. Might not have the best choice of seats to pick from but defiantly a better deal then those that were first in line. So if anybody buys seats this week please share with us what you were offered, if anything!

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

WHo cares at this point, they will have the worst seats available. Now that the season is here I only care about the product on the field.

My worry or process with this whole thing is over, at least until next year. Check to see what happens to people that don't pay up or whatever happens.

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Would you rather have a great price on a crappy seat or a good price on a decent seat?

The seats left are:
    1. High Dollar Club Seats - even at 0% down, that is a big nut to swallow for a high PSL seat AND a high priced seat.
    2. Leftovers in the LLEZ and Mezz B; and
    3. Seats that are "close to" cheaper sections.

Basically, the last 2% of the stadium. For it to be a good the 98% who already selected their seats had to miss some "good ones" still available.

4. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I still care! Are there still good seats left in the stadium, yes! Even in the endzone sections. I care more about the Jets having a great season than anything. But i am also curious what kind of deals people are getting now. Its like buying a house and then checking out how much other houses sold for on the same block that you bought your house on. Probably care more about that then watching people who lost their jobs sell their Psl seats at a loss next season.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It is a myth that only bad seats or overpriced seats remain. Between NFL hold seats, "fill-in" seats, ADA Reserved seats, reconfiguration seats, Sponsor seats, seats held back due to higher demand from Politicians, celebs, other teams during year one of stadium, good seat do pop up.

Would not be suprised after Pats game they start for the remaining 10K and up PSLs put 10% down and get remaining 2010 tickets and parking for free or something. It is "go-time" to move inventory.

Next I see offering deals on empty PSL seats to the people sitting closest to them. Maybe in 2011 when defaults happen.

Year two and beyond PSL sales will be complicated by the fact we will have secondary market information. Take two 10K PSLs, in initial go around most people bought seats they liked best. In year 2012 with two years of secondary market sales, the seat that regularly sells for $400 on stubhub will be in demand more so than the seat that regularly sells for $250. It brings a whole new dynamic to the market. The second dynamic will be we will have secondary market pricing on PSLs themselves. Unlike our first go around where we did not know resale of either the PSL or the secondary market prices of tickets, we no longer can blindly buy the seats we like best. In fact might make more sense to buy the most profitable seat and sell or no seat at all if the seat you like is one that sells for regularly below the cost to the owner. The old why buy an apartment that rents for less than it costs to own.

Moving the last 1,000 PSL seats in the stadium I think will be the most interesting period in PSL sales. Kinda like selling the last 1,000 AMC Pacers and Gremlins on the lot. The puke green and mellow yellow with fake woodpaneling lemons from a company that just went under, yep somebody bought them!!! How AMC moved those suckers was most likely an interesting story. Maybe Jets can pull those salespeople out of retriement.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There is another report out now that the cost for Woody to buy remaining available tickets is at $100,000.00 (hundred grand)

So even if we put the average ticket price at $150 that only leaves 667 seats.

I think sounds about right since other reports that there 2,000 remaining a week or 2 ago. I'm sure the Revis signing got some Jet fans riled up.

7. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

NFL allows woody to buy the remaining tickets for $0.30 on the dollar.. and turn around and "donate" as he pleases...

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Never understood that. So does that mean he pays the NFL 0.30 on the dollar instead of a fan paying him 1.00 on the dollar? Then basically woody is out 1.30 for every seat he can't sell plus the PSL money

9. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Yep. Pretty much. It's to avoid the owner taking a 200% hit while letting the NFL still get a cut.

10. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Remember, the Jets basically doubled the price of every seat in the stadium (plus PSL fees). 1,500 unsold seats (that he hopes to seel soon) are not the end of the world. Overall, the new stadium is a big win for them financially.

11. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Confirmed the 0% down on PSL's. Since I am one that purchased my PSL's outright this doesn't entice me to purchase another seat (which i was currently thinking of doing). If they lower the PSL cost again (i'm section 135), then I'm a buyer! Only time will tell.... I'm willing to gamble and wait this out until the season ends.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Big deal on zero % down they had that deal before. Bigger question is when is first PSL payment due?

Also at one point they had a deal zero percent down and free parking. When they had that point they had better seat selection.

I had a zero % down PSL seat with first payment due 9-1-2010. I voluntarily choose to change it to a 10% down seat with first payment due 11-1-2011.

The payment due 9-1-2010 was almost identical to the 10% deposit and by doing it I have 10% equity in my PSL as opposed to near zero equity by making the payment.

I will make the 11-1-2011 minimun payment and wait to see what PSL resale looks likes. If come 11-1-2012 PSL resale value is high I will pay off balance. For now that one year interest payment is "insurance" as I can still walk away. Once you paid off PSL that option is gone, however with 8% interest and principal being paid each year the "insurance" is not worth it after awhile.

13. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

January 2011 is first payment

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nice timing on their part - No PSL payment? No playoff tickets.

15. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Ha - good point.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

why would anyone go for that. they offered nothing down 11-2011 first payment and free parking in the past, this is an even worse deal.

17. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Nothing down and no first psl payment until 11/2011? That is a good deal. Not sure that's the case though...

18. bbombers1985

My PSL terms were 10% down now (pretty much the interest payment) and $508 due every November from 2011 through 2015 for Lower End Zone.

I bought it a little less than two weeks ago.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

You bought a row 14 $2,500 PSL in the last two weeks, that sure says something.

20. bbombers1985

Well I bought a single PSL. Pairs were all row 45/46 and they had about 3 blocks of 3 seats in the 30s. Have two seats in the upper I plan on using. The single PSL was just to have an extra on the side. It's a great PSL seat. Right next to the $5K PSL seats by the Jets Tunnel.