Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

You could almost see the spittle flying off his fingers as he typed that.

2. DRex

DRex Member

let this guy talk....when the jets oline blows up the ravens front 7 and S.G+L.T are killin it in the secondary...then the PA will become dangerous.....The Jets will challange the ravens 165 Points given up and 970 Rushing yards allowed....there is NOWHERE to run against this team, up the middle is suicide...if you run outside n beat the DE you have to deal w harris,scott,pace,taylor,thomas,revis,wilson,pool,leonhard.....
    :up:

3. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

Okay guys maybe that came out a little angry but I just wanted to have a reasonable/ non angry argument with ratinonal jets fans. How you guys give 5 reasons why you would destroy the ravens and I'll rebuttal with my own 5 reasons the ravens will win.

4. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I imagine that if we were to give 5 reasons it would be by typing.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

1. New
    2. York
    3. Jets
    4. Holla
    5. Bro

6. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

1. Jets
    2. Are
    3. The
    4. Ravens
    5. Lite

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I never said destroy personally.

I think it's a great matchup of two very similar teams. Our defense is better right now as well as our rushing game. You were 5th last year and we were 1st.

Your passing attack will matchup against our number 1 pass defense and it's only gotten better. You did pickup TJ, but he has 1 week to learn the offense. Count Boldin out this game, basically a few catches and NO TD's.

As long as Mark plays mistake free football we will win 20 to 13.

It's going to be a great game and I can't wait to tailgate.

Revis' BFF Geiger is actually stopping by. I shit you not. lol

8. DRex

DRex Member

were not talking killing im thinkin there will be a total of 20 points in this fame and the jets win something like 14-6........

1)you will not be able to successfully run the ball, rice might break a run or 2 for 10-15 yards but he will not break 50 yards

2)boldin will be neutralized, revis really is one special talent, he just doesnt give up anything

3)Ed Reed is out and im sorry but if you guys are going to throw the kitchen sink and one of Edwards and keller are in single covg then you are in trouble deep(look at what edwards did to indi in single covg)

4)Flacco and crew are just playing the wrong team at the wrong time, I think the ravens run away w the north with 12 wins but they are not coming into NY and winning the first game of the season in the first game of our new stadium. The crowd is insane and it really is the most impressive out there, when you see ED get up on his brothers shoulders and the place goes quiet and out of nowhere you hear J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS its somethin else.

5)again revis on boldin, cromartie will then stay w/ whomever is left weather its mason or housh, wilson will be able to run wild and attack off the end on the cb blitz, being able to play 2 cb in single covg with no help is huge in being able to bring pressure play after play......the jets will come out firing and if you guys can not weather the storm it will be a long day.

I also believe the football world will see that L.T didnt forget how to run the ball and will have some success monday night, i will be there and it will be INSANE

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think you're forgetting the 1985 Bears, they were the greatest defense of all time......

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If you are the Ravens, do you test Revis on Monday? Is it worth it?

11. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

i give that your defense is better but the ravens d isnt a slouch either. you say "As long as Mark plays mistake free football we will win 20 to 13" that is where i say its almost impossible for mark to play mistake free. people talk about reed being out you guys do know that the guy who replaced ed, Zbikowski, had like 3 int in 4 games. we have fabian and ladarius back for this game plus we jus added wilson as a nickel. Dude you know you cant use last years rushing stats as an indication of wht this year is going to be; first you lost a very good run blocking guard and you also lost your best running back. shonn greene has got to show me something first before i call him the savior.

12. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

The ravens should have effectively zero passing game. Despite what you say about the Flacco/Boldin battery, there will be a safety shadowing wherever Revis isn't, despite Cro/Wilson being able to hold their own. The Jets should win if they can hold down Ray Rice, which is no easy task. However, their front 7 with Jenks back is pretty formidable.

Sanchize should be limited in his throws but if he doesn't turn the ball over and Greene/LT can get first downs, then the Jets should win.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

My prediction - Jets (20) Ravens (13)

1. Rushing - Shonn Greene and LT behind the Jets OL is imo better than Ray Rice. I think the Ravens run defense is better than the Jets run defense though. I'll call it a tie.

2. Passing - Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, and Dustin Keller vs Boldin, Mason, Houshmandzadeh and Heap. Talent wise, I'll give the Ravens the nod. Problem is that the Jets secondary is insane and it will be tough to see Flacco putting up good numbers against Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Pool, Leonhard.. etc. This also depends heavily on how Sanchez is playing. He's been hit or miss. I'll give this to the Jets by a slight margin.

3. Defense - Top 5 defense in the Ravens to #1 defense in the Jets, according to last year's stats at least. Both teams have great defenses, but I think the Jets are slightly better. Rex Ryan, additions of Cromartie, Taylor, and Pool, and Revis is back. Only one missing is Pace which will hurt the team, but this is nullified by Ed Reed being out. Slight nod to the Jets again.

4. Home-field advantage in a brand new stadium. Week 1, first MNF game of the season against Rex's old team. That's worth a few points I think.

5. Enjoy your AIDS

14. 624

624 Banned

I kind of hope they try.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I say 34-10 Jets will be the final.

16. MadBacker Prime

1. No insult here, but I think you are a kid
    2. Go back and watch the playoffs
    3. Go back and watch our first 3 games of 09
    4. I can't read on, it's just too damn annoying.

I was more then willing have a intelligent discussion, but I see it would be one-sided. Good Luck next week, hopefully you can catch the end if your Mommy lets you stay up.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but the Ravens clearly don't have tall enough receivers to win this one.

18. MadBacker Prime

LOL

WSW in FTW-

19. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

you can't teach tall...

20. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

okay i surrender.
    1. nobody will beat the jets this year
    2. the jets will break all the records for the defensive categories (points allowed, sacks, int and fumbles).
    3. 19-0 for the jets this year. who in the world wants to throw to future hall of famer Cromatie side of the field, that linebacking core is amazing 85 bears wouldnt even hold their jock.
    4. Sanchez is GOD. who in the world wants to step to a team with a 2nd year qb who gives out int for free, definitely not me nor the colts, saints, chargers, vikings or ravens.
    5. shonn Greene is the most durable back in the league. my man hasnt missed a game in 3 months (including training camp) what a feat.
    6.Braylon Edwards is the definition of perfection, that boy catches everything. he will never drop a ball in critical times of the game.
    7. the defensive line is out of this world. ellis, pouha and big jenks are ust unstoppable definitely locks for the h.o.f.
    8. question? who in the world calls a better game than Schotty? the answer is nobody.
    9. my boy Dustin Keller is going to break the record for most rec this year (im talking both recievers and tight end, move over Jerry rice).
    10. and finally who can forget the most gifted athlete of all time, my boy Jimmy Leonhard. Jimmy and Pool form the most feared safeties in the league. Woodson who? Reed? Polomalu? Lott? Sharper? Dawkins? none of these guys, and i mean none of them, can hold Jimmy jock.

so there you go guys, after reading the forums this was my summary of how the jets season will go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.