Tony Richardson released, expected to return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phins Rock, Sep 5, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Tony Richardson released

Incarcerated Bob's sources say the Phins and Pats are both interested.

Lmao. I just like typing his name.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think Bob deserves credit for breaking the story, but I still wouldn't trust anything he says. Call me skeptical, but I think he's going to be predicting a lot of shit in the next few days.

3. Christian

Christian Active Member

He really will be missed in the lockeroom. I'm sad to see him go but the coaching staff really seems to have faith in Connor, and seriously, who doesn't think this kid is going to be something special for our running game.

The Terminator is just a fucking animal on the field. I really can't wait to see him play this year. I still feel that Richardson would have been a great guy for him to learn from for a full year but obviously the coaching staff feels that he is ready to take over without being tutored a full year by T-Rich.

Connor reminds me so much of David Harris, hes so humble off the field but when hes on it, get the fuck out of his way.

4. woutervz

woutervz Member

Shocking! Who's going to be the leader now?

5. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I liked Faneca but I can understand the move when looking at it from a business and economic point of view. They needed to save that money.

And while Faneca was still a great run blocker and still really good at pulling, his pass blocking was atrocious. In Slauson we have a young guard who looks to be a good run blocker and will only get better, and at the least we'll be getting the same in terms of pass blocking from Slauson that we were from Faneca, all at a fraction of Faneca's cosst.

But this move, idk. I hope it was just so that his contract wouldn't be guaranteed and that he'll be back Week 2 because I have a hard time understanding why he was cut--I don't believe Richardson was washed up. He was a great lead blocker last year. Then you factor in his class, leadership, and knowledge of the game, which could only do nothing but help Connor as he transitions into our starter for the future. Bahhh.

6. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

Just to put in perspective, behind the scenes players in the locker room do not like it.

Bringing him back also makes no sense since they really don't save a huge amount of money by not paying him one game check. I mean, if they bring him back he's obviously going to be around the rest of the season. Also, if he's injured he still gets paid. The only way they wouldn't pay him money now is if he was cut again, which would make even less sense if he is re-signed after week one.

This whole thing makes zero sense save for some absolute penny pinching (one game check out of his 850,000 salary is what they save), which is absurd because the team nor Johnson are short on cash by any means.

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

This reminds me of the Feely situation. Everybody bitched about letting Feely go, but it allowed us to sign Taylor.

Everybody is bitching about Richardson, but in reality, it probably helped us sign Revis.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm shcoked and disappointed. The revis announcement takes alot of the sting out of this but this is inasne move. We see them complain abut the lack of leaders on offense meanwhile all offseason they spent getting rid of leaders and the one they had left they decided to get rid of. It doesn't make any sense. We all know Connor is the future at the position but even if Connor was playing more it made sense to keep Tony for LR reasons.

9. nyjunc

That's BS. You think his $855,000 helped us give revis $34 mil guaranteed?

Letting feely go might come back to bite us. We'll see what Folk does but we could have kept a rliable kicker and eventually signed Adalius Thomas to do what Taylor is going to do.

10. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Does TRich have the ability to sign with whomever he chooses or is he awarded to the highest claimer? How does this work? Because I very very very much hope he comes back.

11. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I like Richardson but carrying two fullbacks is not the way to go.

12. nyjunc

Neither was carrying 4 QBs like we did last year or 4 TEs like we are doing this year. It made sense to carry 2 FBs for THIS YEAR but now another leader bites the dust as they moan about lack of leadership on offense.

13. perfectpackage99

nothing wrong with this, this is a business, Connor has impressed, go younger, pay less, Pats do it all the time,

14. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I'm sorry to see him go, as he is a great player and leader, but a business decision had to be made. It makes no sense to keep 2 FBs, and Conner has panned out well already. And Revis' skills are more important that Richardsons. You cannot keep every player. Good luck to TRich, as long as he doesn't sign with Miami.

15. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

The one thing the Pats don't do is go around and say "Richardson's definitely making the team" fifty times and then cut him.

16. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Is there any legit reason why people are saying we cut T-Rich to sign Revis? I no good with salaries and numbers but I just dont see the connection.

17. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I don't think they planned on releasing him. Sometimes things change, and it looks as if the Mevi$ deal forced them to change their minds about keeping TRich. The lonely this g I ever heard anyway was Rex saying that Richardson has earned his place.

18. Glenn Pascullo

Glenn Pascullo New Member

How is TRich earning $855,000? That's the veteran player min. I am sure he was going to earn substantially more.

19. Green Pilot

Green Pilot New Member

SMH We're not the f'ing Pats...

It's about loyalty, and treating veterans with class.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Thats retarded. Its about making smart business decisions and winning superbowls. Thats what the Pats did.