The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 624

624 Banned

Maybe geiger's flight is to Seattle to visit Charity?

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't like when people post negative shit in the thread, because the idea is for that thread to be fun and fuck around with the biblical passages and shit. When people attack Revis in it, it ruins the thread.

But in terms of me being "known" for the nickname, I've gone on record countless times saying I don't care. I just want it out there and for everyone to have fun with it.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i bet rex told him that he was an amazing CB in his defense and the odds of him finding the same success anywhere else in the league would be slim. So few teams play a man to man scheme and he would end up in some zone system. His talents would be completely wasted and he would become a guy that s overpaid to have minimal impact. Where if he stays with the Jets h will be talked about every single week as a key component to one of the best defenses in the league. Question is do you take a big contract to go and become the next Haynesworth or do you take a not quite as big, but still damn impressive, contract and stay in NY to be a guy that is talked about on those best 100 players of all time shows in 20 years?
    How many guys chase the money and become and afterthought? Just look at guys who have been cut this season.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I actually take offense to it. It would not bother me one bit if just a couple clowns were running with it, but the thread being pinned and NDmick's old avatar (which is still probably floating around) is a big turn-off.

5. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

title change time? leons cunt wife says we will be happy, rex meets revis in fla.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I respect that. I'm sorry but too many people enjoy it for it just to go away.

We'll agree to disagree.

7. lost4566

lost4566 New Member

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan traveled to Florida this weekend to meet with holdout cornerback Darrelle Revis, league sources have confirmed to ESPN.com.

The meeting was first reported by the New York Daily News.

Revis reportedly is seeking $162 million over 10 years, while the Jets have offered $122 million over the same number of years. The Jets also have made a short-term proposal, about $40 million over four years.

Revis has three years remaining on his contract and wants to become the highest-paid cornerback in the league. He has made $15 million in his first three years and is due to make another $21 million over the next three.

Ryan said last week he expects the Jets to have a great defense even without Revis, and the front office has seemed willing to take its chances in the season opener against Baltimore without him.

Throughout the cornerback's holdout, there have been multiple reports of an imminent Revis contract. The Jets, citing the confidentiality agreement between the team and Revis' agents, have declined to comment on all reports.

"We've sworn not to talk about it, but I don't know where this stuff is coming from. It's not done until it's done," Jets owner Woody Johnson told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio last month.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If Revis does sign the first thing I wanna know is wat the fuck was up with all those reports a couple weeks ago

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

How to be a cunt.

10. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Twitter is fun. I got bored and went on Twitter. Here's some guy that claims to have sources that Revis will be signed by Thurs. Judging by his name, he probably isn't very reliable.

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

11. 624

624 Banned

I thought you said you were going to bed due to an early flight tomorrow?

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't use "Mevis" either. Neither "Mevis" nor "Revis Christ" is a real nickname for the guy, so I'm not going to use either one.

There was no objective to get at you. Rather, people were getting on other people for "Mevis". I came in on a if-you-are-going-to-bitch-about-Mevis-then-what-about-Revis Christ angle.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If if offends you so much, then stop talking about it. It was only mentioned in this thread because of you.

14. 624

624 Banned

I think ESPN should reward Revis with his own tab on the bottomline along with "NFL" "NBA" "Tennis" etc...

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The board is a bunch of assholes. I don't put any stock into what the board dictates. This is not the only board I post on, but it is the only one where I have problems dealing with nitwits, retards, and assholes.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

You're right, he isn't reliable. Incarceratedbob is a hack and is known for making shit up

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

when you are attempting to mock someone's name, being clever means making it as close to the actual name as possible while adding a term that is directly relevant to what you are mocking them for.

considering the ire being directed at Revis is his selfishness, Mevis is the very definition of clever. if that isn't a clever mocking of his name and his attitude there is no such thing as clever.

where it is from is irrelevant. having a problem with the Village Voice in no way changes that it is the most relevant and clever mocking of his name possible considering the situation.

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

So stop posting here. Seems simple, no?

As for the "new development," have we really reached the point where a tweet by Leon Washington's wife constitutes news? That's just sad.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

agreed, i personally think that his holdout is bigger news than favre, who has had his own ticker every summer for 4 years now.

God I hate getting all riled up about revis. If we don't hear any news regarding the revis situation in the next couple days, the fanbase is going to explode

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'd say the main development is Rex taking his talents to South Beach and meeting with Revis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.