Waiver Pickup Speculation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Like I said, emergency mid-game, they go Woodhead for the time being. I think, however, that McKnight gets the practice time that week. He's a better option, and at that point they commit to fixing the fumbling or they bring someone in.

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

If worst comes to worst and we lose Greene and/or LT starts to break down, as long as McKnight is getting coached on ball control, he'll do alright if his number's called. Washington is a JAG. Woodhead is a JAG too but at least he has some versatility.

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Jets claim tackle Patrick Brown off waivers from the Vikings, why? Who are they gonna cut for this guy?

4. 624

624 Banned

Jets claim former Vikings OT Patrick Brown on waivers.

5. 624

624 Banned

DE Marcus Dixon – According to Dixon’s Twitter account, he has been signed by the Jets. Dixon was previously a member of the Dallas Cowboys when he joined the team in 2008 as an undrafted free agent.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

surprised we tabbed an OL, either Vlad has been that awful that we decided to pick up a 9th OL, or we are dropping Wayne Hunter, which would surprise me quite a bit

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

WTF!? They better not drop Hunter or I'll be VERY pissed... actually... I will be pissed nonetheless... why the fuck did we pick up this guy!?

God these waiver claims are getting me pissed. Hopefully it's just to put him on our PS somehow.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I didn't think you could get any more annoying.

Pat Brown will give us quality depth at the guard position. This is a guy that can play every position on the offensive line...even center.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Mr. E I know you love they way I post :)

I like Hunter and Turner as back-ups and that's why I don't want them to leave the team. I don't think there is a guy I'm ok with cutting on the team to make room for a 9th OL... and that's why I'm pissed off at this move.

you my disagree with my opinion and I'm ok with that but why do you need to get pissed at me?

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

So we cut Clowney and Washington and picked up 3 guys so far. Any word on the other cut?

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

At this point I'm guessing Kroul for this guy... even though I thought Kroul was a lock to make the team...

12. 624

624 Banned

No, not yet

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/09/05/jets-roster-movements/

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm not pissed off, it's just annoying to see someone complain about waiver claims. These guys aren't going to contribute much at all, so why get worked up about it?

Patrick Brown was a member of the Patriots and the Vikings - he may have some valuable information about both blocking schemes.

Patrick Turner was a member of the Dolphins - he may have some valuable information about Miami's offense.

Marcus Dixon is a player with good potential, but he can't stay healthy. Will he contribute as a rotational guy? I don't know...no one does.

These are minor moves. The guys that were let go to make these moves don't matter much at all.

We don't need Wayne Hunter to line up at tight end anymore - Matt Mulligan and Ben Hartsock can handle those reps.

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

interesting, callahan must be salivating at a guy who can play any position along the OL.

can't wait to hear who gets tossed here and the outcry over his loss.... as long as it is a fringe guy then I am ok with it. I honestly hope its an OL we give away, preferably hunter over turner.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll release OL Turner... I like him BUT he is represented by F & S... hehe, that would make me laugh :p... or maybe Mulligan, although I bet Westhoff would be pissed...

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think we should get rid of one of the TEs. We can move Cumberland to the PSQ as I don't see how he will contribute this year.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I know I know... but I always root for theguys on the back end of the 53 man roster and I get pissed off when they are cut... I know they won't contribute much to the cause but I root for them nonetheless.

BTW, Marcus Dixon.. little light to be a 3-4DE ain't he?

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Dixon's listed at 6'4 295.

19. 624

624 Banned

I don't know if Cumberland would clear Waivers, I'm sure other teams see his potential as well.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Marques Douglas was reportedly released by Miami.. maybe bring him back to backup at DE in place of Pitoitua instead of Kroul or Dixon?