To all you offensive line lovers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Smokeeater, Apr 30, 2006.

1. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Cakes can we change your name to "Stat Man" it's catchy and you can run around the house in blue tights with a crape yelling "STAT MAN" da da da da da da da "STAT MAN". As far as the oline goes, a good oline makes an average back an all pro and give the qb more time to lets his wr get open. It is a huge need and I am glad we got the guys we did.

2. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

For all the people that don't think the oline is important there are more oline in the HOF then any other position.

3. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

This is OT, but about 2 weeks ago I was thinking of making myself a Boondock saints sig :beer:

4. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I tried making it the same size as your sig but could do it so I wound up with this. I am fucked in the sig contest.

5. Elvis

Elvis Member

Just ask Brooks Bollinger how important a well constructed offensive line is...After running for his life last year, I'm sure he could fill your ear.

6. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

If you want to get a decent sized screenshot from the movie, download VLC media player and play the movie in there. You can take a screenshot during the movie, and it'll be a decent enough size for a sig.

7. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

i mean come on...how can you not love fat dudes?

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Well then we're saying the same basic thing, just differently. I agree you need the skill positions too, but I think from where we are you have to start with the line. That's how Walt Michaels did it in the late 70s, he got Powell, Ward, Fields and Alexander, then he got Freeman McNeil when they were all in place. If you get the RB first, he'll be so banged up after a couple years you might need to replace him again. Of course it's a different era and you have to now do it in two years instead of five, but the basic blueprint hasn't changed that much. If Bush had fallen into our lap we'd have had to take our chances, but I'm glad they didn't go crazy to get him like the Saints did with Ricky Williams. Bush, Leinart or Cutler behind the line we had pre-draft would have gotten killed the way our guys did last year.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I have no beef at all with this draft, I was livid last year that we didn't draft one OL men or go after OL in FA last off season it was so plain how bad our OL was set up to be. That said a solid very good NFL line makes an average back average not great you have to be great to be great. A bad OL will make average players look bad and get great players killed. We still have a problem, below average talent at RB, WR and TE. If one or two of these sleeper picks pans out we could be pretty good.

10. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Hey New York Mick...
    I made this up really quick, since your Boondock Saints av is so small
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy :beer:

11. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Seahawks entire offensive line was drafted in the top 3 rounds and their QB-6th round, and yes i know they did not win the Super Bowl but if we can be as good as the Seahawks-i will be very happy

12. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Damn my old screename edited that post.

Great movie right there:beer:

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know the most ironic thing about this one is? Troy Aikman's non-1st-rounder line was largely responsible for vaulting him into superstar status. I think an ego like his would not have lasted years of getting beaten up behind bad O-lines. He's not the example I would use to justify 1st round QBs.

14. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Have you reconsidered your position given the success of Ferguson and Mangold and the utter lack of success of Leinart, Cutler and Young! Typical fans who over react and don't allow the passage of time dictate the wisdom of certain decisions. Same thing is happening with McKnight.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

quite the bump 4 + years? jeesh.

Either way, we did it right in 06, we got two studs along the OL and have an elite line today because we drafted those guys in 06. Even with our big questions at LG, I am fairly sure we will have a top 10 OL this year. Thats due in large part to Nick and Brick.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Ahh, I see rex2009 bumped this old thread that I noted yesterday in a thread that got closed.
    Good one to bump, new fellow.

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

I miss New York Mick. He was solid gold.

18. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

In my ghetto I don't respond to posts from 2006.

19. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Yes, I must admit that the credit goes to you. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads that are worthy of a bump.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

Why don't you dig thru the ol' archives and necro another 15-20?