The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

No, we shouldn't just pay him. He's been offered 120mil, more than enough. Rex is in love with him and he's obviously fine playing without Revis, he above anyone else knows his value to the team.

Come on 120 mil is already more than any corner is really worth, especially with cromartie and kdub on the team.

Yeah I want him here, him on the team makes our defense possibly epic, but I hate what he's doing to the team by holding out. I understand he wants to get as much as he is physically worth while he's young, but there's a point in time where you have to just sign it already and move on.

#11261 masivemunkey, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The way to look at it I guess is that 31 teams don't have a Revis and the good ones will do just fine. The Jets will as well.
    Schwartz and Feinsod are nothing special. Just a couple of Westchester guys who got in the agent business. Mr T deals with all kinds. He probably sees right through them.
    When Wilson dropped in the Jets lap at the draft they should have known their leverage was reduced. They read it wrong.
    Revis seems like a good kid. He really needs to talk to someone outside the bubble.

3. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

100% in agreement with you. In addition if Mevis takes this too far then sign Harris, Cro and Holmes to long term contracts and tell the idiot Mevis that he has to play for the 1M his contract dictates or he can select retirement.

#11263 rex2009, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  4. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Tell his agent if he is not in uniform and on the field for our first game, the Jets will spend the money and sign Holms and Harris to long term contract. Which would then make it impossible to resign Revis to any contract until after the season is over.

5. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

look at it this way fellas...if revis wants to commit career suicide, we can resign cro, holmes, harris and maybe even braylon too the next year depending on how the numbers look.

if revis stays, no way we keep all of them.

there's always a silver lining. spend what you would have paid him on other players who can be relative bargains long term

6. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

My dream is that we win the Super Bowl without Mevis. We then sign cro, holmes and harris. We then tell Mevis play for the 1M in the contract you held out for 3 years ago or RETIRE.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

This is going to comeback to bite them right in the ass.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Good thankgod we have a resolution. No more worrying about whats going to happen.

And fuck Revis, Good Riddance, I don't ever want to see him in a Jets uniform again.

Fuck you

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

What an inflammatory thread title.

10. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I'm down.

Lets get this thing rolling. He wants to leave $120 million on the table? Fine, screw you Darrelle!

11. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Kinda what I'm thinking.

Rex will coach them up. Cro and Wilson will be just fine, and Kyle Wilson is a HUGE upgrade compared to Lito Shepard.

We're going to be just fine. Screw you Darrelle!

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well here is a pic of the Revis autograph my friend got on Friday in South Florida. Lol maybe someone can compare to see if it is real. I think it is since it was confirmed by several people....

[​IMG]

I looked online and it looks legit. If he is still down here I will get pics of him and my friend. They just got the auto Friday, no pics.

13. grayburn

grayburn Member

This is kind of where I'm at. As much as I would love to have Revis as part of this team, I feel he has no idea what a 'team' really is. He is an amazing player, one who could have been recognized as one of the best at his position (and he still could, should he decide to join his 'team'mates and play the fucking game he is being payed to play), but with his attitude, I feel like the Jets may just be better off without him.

As much as I would love to see #24 in the game, shutting down top receivers with ease, I cannot in sound conscience agree with his holdout should it effect the regular season. There comes a point when things are not about dollars, but about sense, and Revis and his lovely uncle and agents certainly seem to have ignored said point.

Unless he wants to be a New York Jet, fuck him. Should he change his mind, and come back as a player ON A TEAM, then maybe I will change my mine, but otherwise, I'm rooting for the guys that want to be part of this team.

I understand that this is his job, he is the best at what he does; he deserves to be compensated. But I also understand that there are 52+ other players that are integral to to this team, and regardless of his importance, it pales in comparison to the overall effect on the team that his desired contract would have.

Resign Harris, Holmes, and Edwards. If Revis is hungry, he'll come to the table.

14. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

It won't take long during the regular season for the Jets to buckle if our secondary plays like it did during the Giants game. Revis will be making lots of money when he comes back.

15. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

You mean when our 3rd team defense was out there? Because our first team defense was great against the Giants. The Giants had one big play which was Bradshaw's 40 yard run.

Our starting defense has been LIGHTS OUT all preseason.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya.

Also, we all saw what happened to Leon and his moron of agent. Mevi$ obviously lacks the learning ability.

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm not sure Wilson will be a huge upgrade over Shepherd. A lot of people forget that Lito (when healthy) was a real solid number 2 CB for the first 12 weeks or so of the season. He started to play like shit for some reason late in the year.

I have no doubt that Wilson could develop into a true "number 1 CB" in a few years, but he will have some lumps this season.

18. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

Between his unscrupulous agents, and his greedy Uncle, Revis just isn't getting the best advice.

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Drew Coleman will always be Drew Coleman, no matter who the opponent is.

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If the Jets play hardball, which they should and force him to play out his contract or sit, he will end up being the best player that never was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.