The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacktucky

jacktucky Member

What he said. I dont see Tannenbaum folding.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why let him sit 3 years? You think by not playing his contract magically gets fulfilled/satisfied?

If the Jets make an awful business decision like that, just to show Revis who is boss, then Revis will have no career. He would be forever done with Football. He can not fulfill his end of the contract unless he shows up and plays. We all know that isn't going to happen.

#10942 Miamipuck, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

these guys are incredible agents. revis in his prime, and lets sit him for a year...even though their may not be football next year!

4. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

The win would be worth it, and all those interceptions we won't have on the way there without him will be worth it.

Imagine this: last seconds of the championship game. ball's up in the air in the end zone for the win. defense is on the field. scott or whoever the fuck is back there goes up and misses the ball.

revis would've caught it, we all know it. touchdown other team, we're on the road to being the eagles in regards to consecutive championship game appearances.

#10944 RevisOfNazareth, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

a superbowl win is probably worth 40 million, however re-signing revis in no way guarantees us anything more than fielding a better team than we had w/out him.

6. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Mark my words. We don't sign Revis, any other player in the secondary misses a game winning pick, half the board is on the dark side again and calling for Tanny's head.

7. Cromartie's_kid

if we are in a position to make a game winning pick in the superbowl, that'll be the a huge achievement. My fiance bought me a Revis Jersey last year towards the end of the season and i got to wear it once...i kind of hate him.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

You didn't even mention the defense. That's what this team is about. With Revis, Pace , Jenkins, the kid playing nickle, etc etc we could be looking at a team like the 85 Bears or 00 Ravens, who won with McMahon and Dilfer respectively.

9. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Just a heads up, Jason COle who wrote the yahoo article on Revis not playing for Jets again is gonna be on WFAN with Adam the bull shortly

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

why would anybody blame tanny for not signing revis? He has no authority to meet revis' idiotic demands. Isn't this clear by now? Mr. Johnson is not going to let revis yank his chain. Mr. J is perfectly willing to make revis one of the highest paid CBs in the NFL and wealthy for life - however Mr. J isn't going to be F'd w/by revis and his agents. Nor should he. I totally support the owner in this case.

I think the message is very clear here: Revis can negotiate in good faith or he can refuse to play and not get paid for as long as he likes. I don't see Mr. J trading him at all. I see this as being a very hardball situation where the owner is refusing to be F'd with by scwartz and feinsod.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

This is not about Mr. T. Mr. T is an employee. This is about Mr. Johnson refusing to be F'd with by revis and his sleazeball agents.

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Actually that is quite possibly what is going to happen. There is no trade. The Jets have shown zero interest in a trade. Nor should the Jets ever trade revis for anything less than 100% comparable value. No team will be able to ever make that trade and then sign Revis. So the result will be that Revis gets to sit out and not get paid.

He seems to be operating under the delusion that the Jets would eventually move him. I say that Mr. J has already decided that he will not be manipulated like that by Revis and his sleazeball agents. Mr. T has already stated that there will be no trade. That is the policy. And the rest of the NFL is cheering the Jets for telling Revis and his sleazball agents to go F themselves if they continue to refuse to negotiate in good faith.

Revis and his uncle may think he'll get traded. However thats not going to happen unless Mr. Johnson agrees and Mr. Johnson is not going to agree. Especially after Revis' agents tried to imply that Mr. Johson was a liar. F them. Revis can never play again if that is what he wants.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, not the '85 Bears. Not even possible without a dominant pass rusher and the Jets don't have that. The Bears had Richard Dent and a bunch of guys who could rush the passer starting with their hand on the ground. Dan Hampton and the Refridgerator combined for 11.5 sacks from RDT next to Dents 17 at RDE. The team had 64 sacks as a whole which is well above the current Jets capabilities. The shape of the Jets defense is more like the '00 Ravens and I guess the question is whether or not David Harris can put up a Ray Lewis prime season if the Jets want to try to match that.

This Jets defense is probably top 6 without Revis and maybe top 3 with him but it is highly unlikely to be an all time great defense. Even with Revis in the fold the Jets talent probably can't support that kind of dominance. Not enough impact players in the middle of the field when Kris Jenkins is rotated off and he'll likely be a 50/50 guy this year getting a lot of breathers on the sidelines.

14. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I think Revis should fire his Agent! He is hurting his own freaking career. He should just accept as the 2nd highest pay CB in the league and make more money through ads, sponsors.. etc.

15. Cromartie's_kid

plus he'll be the top paid corner in two years when aso doesn't get franchised...

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

He won't but Woody might...especially if the team starts out 0-2 and the media which has already been viciously ripping the Jets will escalate it tenfold and the fans will turn (many are on Revis's side as it is). Unless he truly doesn't have the money to pay him. In which case Revis is not suiting up for the Jets this year and probably never again.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

did he come on yet?

18. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (10 Days Until MNF)

What media has been viciously ripping the Jets? I haven't heard anyone come down on either side in the negotiations, but I also don't live in NY.

I sure as hell hope Woody doesn't cave under any circumstances. Revis isn't worth sinking the team over.

19. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

right now hes comimn on

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Wow Jason Cole is a fucking scum bag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.