The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Chill out with the attacks, they're uncalled for. We're all Jets fans.

No, Brady didn't hold out, and no, he isn't holding out, and neither did Mangold. That's why they're leaders and team players and Revis isn't.

And I don't "lick his dick." I said don't pay him that much money because a cornerback isn't worth $16.2 million a year. I can just see where he is coming from. I don't agree with it. At all. I hate him right now. But I'll call it like I see it.

2. Scottso

Scottso Member

Better yet, Brady took a lesser contract when they signed his first extension because he wanted the Pats to be able to sign players...I mean I hate Tom Brady(like he hates the Jets) but you have to admit that was an awesome thing to do to show you are a team player...

3. NEJets

NEJets Member

Sorry about my words,,, I just can't see how a real Jets fan defending his acts.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Great post. And btw, since you indirectly referred to Revis and his status, let's just remind everyone defending Revis: He is NOT a free agent. He hasn't earned the right to hold out for the best deal in the league. He can't go to any team in the league just to get payed what he wants to get paid. He's under contract for 3 more years. The Jets were GENEROUS enough to offer him a RAISE . . . this in no way meant that the Jets were offering him a blank check.

5. NEJets

NEJets Member

Trust me, I live in Boston, I hate him/his team to my guts, but I still respect him as a good team player and decent human being while Mevi$, cough. cough.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I understand where you are coming from. You're right. Bottom line, the guy deserves more money, but not 16 mil. And unless the Jets completely fall apart on defense, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on, regardless of whether he deserves more or not. They really shouldn't have told him he deserves to be the highest paid corner though. That was a mistake.

There are people on here who are in the "pay the man" camp and people who think Revis is a greedy shitbag. I personally don't give a shit, just want the guy there week one. We will be a much better team with him, like it or not.

People have overposted on here and gotten themselves so wound up about him that you'd think he banged their mother. Geez guys, relax and let it work itself out.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So anyone who thinks he should get paid isn't a "Real JETS fan"?

oh ok...didn't realize that having an opinion gets us thrown off the JETS fan bus.

kewlStoriBroze

8. NEJets

NEJets Member

No Jets fan disgrees that he should get paid better, that is what Jets are doing..

Yea, right, Jets fans like you like to see him holding out for a "fair" contract....

#10928 NEJets, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  9. 624

624 Banned

If Revis gets his 10/160 deal he will make roughly $15,000 per post in this tread.

10. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not ready to use "when" he is sitting home not playing yet. I still think he's coming back before Week 1. He's trying to squeeze what he can right now, which may be a douchebag move, but it doesn't yet mean that he's necessarily skipping the season. I know it seems like a foregone conclusion, but we have no clue what their real plan is right now.

11. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

There have been tons of players who have far exceeded their draft slot, who do not get a record setting contract at their position, with 3 years left.

When deals are re-done with 3 years left, there is always a discount, always.

Why would a team ever re-do a contract with 3 years left, at FA market value?

Its idiotic for Revis to think that is what he should get.

IF the Jets were not offering him anything, I would be 1000% on his side, but the Jets are offering him a monster contract under the circumstances, and they are in a really tough spot with the uncapped year, and the new CBA coming in.

He is a complete CS in my mind, IF the prick comes back, I want him to do well, but will never ever be a fan of his again, and will boo him as loud as I can at every opportunity I get.

12. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Who said anything about Revis not getting paid?

Is 120m contract NOT getting paid?

13. ........

........ Trolls

I don't see how it's below market value.

It's 20% over the next highest contract value in per season average, save one deal. One. Al giving Nnamdi that contract is like a guy going crazy and outbidding everyone on a rare card on eBay and then saying that's the new market value when we can all see the guy got fucked.

14. Gator

Gator Active Member

This thread will always be in the back of every board members subconcious. When they kiss and make up and he signs, for years when he makes a play in your mind you'll have a flashback to The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread(Signed October 2010-plz lock thread mod)

15. ........

........ Trolls

It can't help matters that Patrick Willis, drafted 3 slots before Revis, was just made the highest paid inside linebacker in the NFL with his extension. There was no discount there.

16. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Hotty Toddy. Glad to see P Willy made something of himself professionally.

Re Revis; just pay him what he wants so we can have rings already.

But then part of me says let him sit for 3 years. It'd be such a waste of good talent and a shame. But that's on his greedy ass.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I found the video Revis recorded last week!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc[/YOUTUBE]

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Is a superbowl win worth $40 million? I would hate to fall just short this year and feel like Revis would have made the difference.

19. bpjets

bpjets New Member

10 years 122 mil and you don't like it....sorry sit for 3 years and nobody will take you...c-ya Revis

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

S&F are dumb and dumber with this position. The Jets are not in a SB or bust season. They were a 9-7 team that snuck into the playoffs with a rookie QB and had things go their way in the playoffs for a couple of weeks. Does anybody really think Sanchez has matured enough to lead this team to a championship. As much as I think Sanchez has potential, I still see an immature player who will not be ready to win consistently for another year or two or three. So the Jets are on an upward trend, but if they don't win the SB this year, they will still be competitive next year and the year after. That is where the Revis camp has completely miscalculated. Yes, the Jets signed some players with one year deals - Cromartie, Homes, Edwards. But why wouldn't the Jets want to keep one or two of them if they perform this year?

And I don't buy this thing that Revis gains leverage if the Jets get off to a bad start. If the Jets to 2-3 or 1-4 to open the season, they are not likely to be winning 12 games and are not going to be SB bound. If they open 4-1, the Jets will feel that they don't need Revis to win. Either way, Revis loses. If he turns down $12 million a year and signs next year with the Jets or someone else for $13 or $14 million, it will take him 6-12 years to make the money back that he gave up for this season. Good bye and good luck Revis!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.