The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Are you trying to set a record for idiotic remarks??? He has 3 years left on his contract. He has no leverage. $120 million is above market value for the fact that he isn't a free agent. Can't you understand that. If not please take the first exit on the way out.

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

You know, you swung and missed the first time you tried that one, and it didn't work the second time either.

3. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

You continue to embarass yourself, below market value my ass.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and next year when Aso signs elsewhere for $12 million and Revis can only get $12.5 million, he will get the same amount as he would have if he signed this year, but have lost the $12 million or so from this season which he'll never be able to recoup.

5. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

And that doesn't even account for the damage to his reputation and to the amount of marketing dollars he is going to lose. The total damage is going to be incredible and it couldn't happen to a more worthy candidate.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

They burned down the gambling house...

It died with an awful sound....

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Really? REALLY? It's not like they offred him a new 5 mill a year deal... Plus it's not like he's been severly under-paid... 16.5 mill in the first 3 seasons in the NFL is a lot of money!

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

That's what I love the most... unless of course the idiotic Raiders decide to keep Aso for 17 mill... in that case we're even more fucked.

9. Scottso

Scottso Member

How could you argue this when the Jets are the ones that approached him first and told him we want to redo your contract because you deserve it. The problem is not the Jets being unwilling to work with him, the problem is his demands are outlandish.

The Jets are not taking the position that he should have to play under his current contract, although if they did there is not a damn thing he could do about it. The hangup is he has taken the situation and turned it around where he wants to rape them...plain and simple...

10. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Can you tell me the last NFL player to have 3 years left on their current deal, have their current contract dipped up for a new one that destroyed the next highest at his position?

11. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Exactly! Not sure why people cannot see this.

12. Scottso

Scottso Member

Funny you mention this, I just saw his Nike commercial for the first time...the one where he is posing with the flamingos...Nike will be thrilled that he is not playing...

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

If this one little statement wouldn't have occurred, he'd be signed by now:

"Revis said in May that both Tannenbaum and Ryan told him they believe he should be the league's highest-paid cornerback."

The one fuck up by the Jets in this whole deal.

14. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Yeah, something tells me he was thinking $$ before the Jets approached him.

15. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Can you tell me the last NFL player to come out of the draft as a mid first round pick, become a dominant CB in his sophomore year, and be the best in the league by his third year?

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I think everyone's missing my point; I don't agree with Revis entirely. I think he's off base in his demands. I already said that. He's acting pretty immature, too, IMO. And I don't think the cornerback market should be so high. But it is.

17. Scottso

Scottso Member

I'm sure he was, like every other player, or better yet every single adult in the world. What does that have to do with what you said?

18. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I agreed that his demands are outlandish.

19. NEJets

NEJets Member

This is fucking lame. Tom Brady won a SB on his 6th round rooky contract. Did he hold out? Tom Brady is on last year of his current contract with 3M+ well below the fucking market. I am sure he is more important to th Pats than Revis to Jets. Now tell me is he holding out?

Revis is a selfish A-hole, while dumb people like you keep licking his dick.

20. Scottso

Scottso Member

No, you're wrong, the cornerback market is not that high. If he was a free agent and the Jets franchised him, he would make nowhere near what he is asking for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.