The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Hehe... they should remake it with F&S standing in line for a year saying I WANT TO PAY 10 I WANT TO PAY 10 I WANT...

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he doesn't report by tomorrow he is out for the first 6 games. That might get them an 8th round pick in 2019. That is if he didn't want a billion dollar contract.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I do wonder if other agents follow these disputes and laugh at their peers' inability to get deals done, just waiting to swoop in when the current agent makes such a clusterfuck out of the situation as Revis' agents have.

but, hey, for all we know Revis is the one saying no, I want this or nothing.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

To give in or not to give in.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Revis and his fuckn' agent, Jon Feinsod:

[​IMG]

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Photographed by who, papa smurf!? Oh maybe it was Coleman...

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Now if Revis does not report by tomorrow he will be ineligible for at least the first 3 games, correct? Or is the situation different from Jackson?

Not sure if I missed this earlier in the thread.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:lol: That cracked me up. :up:

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

VJ is on the uhhh, restricted list I believe. Revis is just an asshole who could sign Monday at 5 and start at 6.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

qft..........

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure. I saw the one article that stated VJ was on the inactive/did not report and had to give notice 3 weeks before he would be able to play.

I saw earlier that Revis was on the DNR list but I guess it is because he is under contract is the difference.

Thx.

12. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

God his agent looks like a jerk. If he screws this up he can kiss his career goodbye.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the agents are pretty close to screwing the pooch at this point.

14. Scottso

Scottso Member

Revis needs to dump this clown and get Ari Gold to represent him, Ari could have this deal done immediately...

15. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

[​IMG]

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

A lot of people are saying that when Revis comes back, as long as he continues his high level of play, he will be forgiven.

I say if Revis comes back, if he continues his high level of play, I'll root for him, like I root for Jason Tayor -- begrudgingly.

This entire situation and his actions have left a such a bitter taste and dislike in my mouth. I can even sympathize with him -- to a point. I understand he wants fair market value, and he was most certainly underpaid heading into these final three years. However, he has done quite a few things that have annoyed me -- that bullshit faking an injury in minicamps, his piece of shit agents and their smartass comments, his little fagboy Geiger running around like an idiot and mouthing off, etc.

And it really hurts from a fan point of view. I feel like this is the best team I've seen the Jets field, being as though I'm only twenty and don't remember 1998 that well. The idea of watching a defensive backfield with Cromartie, Revis, Leonhard, Wilson, Pool, Ihedigbo, etc. gives me a boner. And Jenkins, Pouha, Ellis, Scott, Harris, eventually Pace... I mean, Jesus Christ, what a defense.

But no, there is no Revis. And it doesn't look like it. I've resigned to the fact that he won't play this year. I've accepted it, and I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it any other way. His agents clearly don't like the Jets (Kendall, Baker, first Revis holdout), Tannenbaum clearly doesn't care for them. Revis is only in it for the money. That's the only reason he plays football. He doesn't care about you, or me, or winning a Super Bowl, or being a "Jet for Life;" that's all a bunch of horseshit. I understand that when it comes down to it, being a football player is just a job, but I can't fathom ever being an NFL player and not having that desire, that craving, that obsession with winning a Super Bowl. Even that douchebag Jason Taylor has it, but really, Revis doesn't.

And believe me, I DO GET THE IDEA THAT HE WANTS TO BE PAID FAIRLY. And I don't even think that the Jets are giving a completely fair offer - 10/122 should probably be higher. But not 10/165 or whatever he wants. If you're fucking telling me the Jets can't up it to like 140, then fuck Woody. If you're telling me Revis won't accept 140 -- then fuck him.

I also wouldn't be surprised if another snag in the deal is the guaranteed money -- somehow, in the Brick and Mangold extensions, the Jets' guarantees don't kick in until next season and they're somewhat limited, especially with Brick, against injury. Something tells me Revis wouldn't go for that like Brick and Mangold and their agents did. Feinsod and Schwartz have shown that they want what they want and won't budge, and Revis had it with his piece of shit uncle, too. Revis would rather hold out for a year and not get paid rather than play this year without it being guaranteed against injury -- he is good friends with Leon, you know.

Basically, I can sympathize with Revis and I understand where he is coming from, but as a Jets fan, I pretty much really hate him right now, and even IF he comes back, which I'm doubting for the long-term now, he will always, always be tainted in my eyes because of this bullshit.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Fukkin eh, that's what I'm talkin about... If Ari was on the job we'd all be huggin it out right now and sportin wood. :breakdance:

18. Hobbes3259

117, let me ask you to consider this....

EVERY other player in the NFL plays his way to Free Agency to get that mega payday..Revis has turned down a merit raise, and is looking for FA money, when he hasn't paid his FA dues...

Is that fair to all the other players ?

19. Hobbes3259

Did you know that he's been known to leave copies of Entourage as a tip when eating out?

20. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Is it fair when teams cut players and violate the contracts either?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.