The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ........

........ Trolls

I'll be honest, I won't be comfortable with $140 until we have a new CBA in place. I won't freak out if that's what happens, but it won't sit easy with me either.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (10 Days Until MNF)

Just give him $15 million SB on a one year $1 million contract. I don't care at this point just get him here playing. I'm sick of it!!

I don't know if this is possible but with all the PSL shit the fans deserve the best product. Who cares if he's greedy I want to fuckin win.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Here's the way it should work, if the Jets win the super bowl, then he gets $17 million, if they don't, he gets $5 million.

4. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

i agree teams usually dont sit on malcontent but it sets a bad precident that if you want outta somewhere all you have to do is hold out and you will be moved, or paid what you want no matter how long your contract is or how much u want.

#10724 Nacho Sanchez, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Based on what we know about the situation it seems very unlikely that the cap will increase much, if at all.

6. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

He doesnt deserve a 1600% increase on pay this year...sorry..he deserves around 8-10 mil...and in my eyes now less for these antics

7. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Don't be so sure of that. This is not an organization that takes kindly to the type of tactics these clowns have employed. If they deal him then they have simply given in to his demands. The smart move is to force him to play with us or retire. We have ALL the leverage. No other choice makes sense unless someone else overwhelms us with an offer that makes both short term and long term sense. That is highly unlikely and I'd get much more pleasure out of sticking it to Mevis. Also support in the locker room will erode for him as time goes on because they'll realize he is hurting the team on purpose and ruining our chances for a Super Bowl run.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Quick question, is Revis technically still part of the 53-man roster? Or will someone have to be cut in case he comes back?

9. ........

........ Trolls

TO and Keyshawn both did it with 7 and 4 years left on their contracts, and yet Revis is the first one I can think of to do so since without an ending contract. I think the domino effect is highly overstated. This situation is one big clusterfuck, not some harbinger of doomed player-FO relations.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

send revis/geiger the link to this thread. they will see how upset we are, and he will sign. no brainer.

11. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

agree 100% with bold...If we trade him then they (Feincock and other douche) win bc someone will pay him something pricey. Lets put these fuckers out of business. He plays here..or nowhere.. thats it..we'll see how much he really loves football

#10731 Nacho Sanchez, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  12. ........

........ Trolls

So, to paraphrase, he'd be a distraction in the locker room and the fan base would gloat at his demise. That sounds like a recipe for success running an NFL team. I wonder why players in this situation always get dealt?

13. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

This probably makes the most sense from an attempt to save this season. It doesn't solve the long term issue with Mevis, but at this point that should be a secondary consideration. He can claim to be the highest paid CB and it is an uncapped year so it doesn't ruin our salary cap going forward.

14. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

They "Gave In" to Pete Kendall.. it was the same kind of "Hold the team hostage" tactics these clowns employed... Kendall also had a contract RECENLY signed. He also made claims of the team lying... What ### clowns.

And you know what - You send the guy pakcing, get some value back and learn a lesson to NEVER DEAL WITH A CLIENT OF THESE GUYS AGAIN......

Look at their client list - Looks like a bunch of Jet castoffs.. A few guys that might still be here with reasonable agents....

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I definitely think a team acquiring Revis would be looking at him as their #1 pick assuming that's what they gave up for him. It's hard to say what level of bonus compensation an overall #1 or #2 cornerback would demand though because there has only been one of those in modern NFL history, that being Eric Turner with the Cleveland Browns in 1991.

For the record the #1 and #2 picks in this year's draft both got more than 40 million guaranteed. They were respectively a QB and a DT, which is pretty much what you'd expect to be the highest paid positions on offense and defense, being the positions most involved in every play on each side.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Someone will pay him less than his original demands. They can't win this situation. The only way for them to 'win' is if the Jets cave right now and pay him $160 million, which we all agree would be a terrible idea. Even then, damage has been done to their reputations.

The two most likely scenarios are:

1) Revis has set a pre-season deadline for his return and will be taking a smaller deal. His agents come off looking like morons.

2) Revis holds out into the season, the Jets don't cave and deal him next year. With Nnamdi's contract off the table, Revis gets a smaller deal, misses a year of playing time, and ends up on a worse team.

Explain to me how either one is a big win for the agents.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Couple weeks ago.

I spent a few minutes spreadsheeting it for reasonableness.

It works out, if you count 10 mil of the SB against this year, then 2.5 going forward, restructure his 15/5 guarantees to 10/10, the salaries of 10,11,12 then something like 15,15,17,17 (rough figures) by the time 2016 rolls around, that's the tipping point.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

At this point the best case scenario would be 3 years from now Revis watching the 3rd straight Jets SB parade from the cardboard box he calls home.

19. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

so when Aso's gets a new contract next year and hes let say making 10-12 a year all we have to do is give Revis a penny more then Aso...because thats what he wants now right??

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No.

You sit on this player, so that every other agent in the world can point out to prosective clients what these guys cost the best defensive player in the game, and put these assholes out of business.

This team is not that hard up, to need to recoup that pick.

Caving in that manner is as unprincipled as what Mevi$ is doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.