The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighFlyingJets

Just the thought of going up against the Ravens without both Revis and Pace has started to take it's toll on me. I'm not as excited as I should be for a Jets team as talented as this one. It's a damn shame.

Rex Ryan may have one of the best defensive minds in recent history, right up there with both Dick LeBeau and Monte Kiffin, but I'm sorry, I just cant picture our defense being truly great without our most productive pass rusher from the outside, along with being without the most talented overall corner in the league.

Revis has the ability to turn it around for me though. If I see #24 on the field come Monday night against the Ravens, I'll become estatic as excited could possibly be.

2. JerseyJet27

JerseyJet27 Member

Jason Cole is an absolute ass clown in the words of Dino Costa. How do they let him write for Yahoo? He is right they promised him a new deal. What he does not state is they did not promise him a deal w/ what Revis and co would eventually demand. I also find it hard to believe he knew what his demands were in the beginning of Feburary. The Jets should not have to pay for the asinine market number the Oakland Raiders set at the CB position. Its clear when you take the lowest and highest salaries of corners in this league and average them out you would see that. He is also wrong about leverage. The Jets have the leverage in this situation b/c if he doesnt show he will sit for 3 years its that simple. If there is a strike next year he misses 2 years in the prime of his career. What does that do to his value then? Sean Gilbert sat out and look what happened with the trade and sign to Carolina, he turned out to be a disaster. If he knew anything he would also realize that Revis forfeited the 21 million already he had coming to him by not reporting by the specific date in August. Absolutely terrible article.

3. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

What about...Cast Away Island: where your only friend is Wilson.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I have heard that from several places (radio shows). I am not sure if it was in print or not.

Like I said when the holdout initially happened Cole was on the radio absolutely killing the Jets on the issue. I was like WTF at the time. That show is a total homer show but still.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

One player does not make a team.

I don't see the Ravens crying about no Ed Reed in the backfield.

6. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Whats the chance Revis signs a deal, gets on the field, and half asses it on purpose because hes really not happy with deal? A la faking an injury before camp

7. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

It would be impressive if you could throw that cinderblock from Hoth. I believe that is in a galaxy far, far away...like your moms basement where you will live forever with your X-box and collection of Starting Lineup figures.

The only thing lamer than the fact that I am posting on this board is waiting to attack a poster and being to much of a puss to put your own thoughts out there for fear they will be criticized. Exactly the kind of loser that threatens to throw a cinderblock on a blog. Complete puss in real life, you would never say something like that to someones face because you know you would get your ass handed to you...so you mutter it in your car after you are sure they cant here you. Yes nipster, I have your number and I love that Wilson Peninsula pisses you off that much..that in itself defines you.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Zero. I think he'd hold out the whole season before doing that. Despite what is being made of this whole thing, the guy will play his ass off on the field. The one thing that can't be disputed is his on the field play.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you don't piss me off at all....you're pure comedy with a touch of downs syndrome. I hope you never leave.

10. bojanglesman

Can we just stop naming shit already? We aren't 3 year-olds. I took a dump this morning, anyone wanna name that too?

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Absolutely not, it gives him a built in agenda to help his "friends".

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes, the Ravens are missing their #1 corner, Dominique Foxworth, and a top safety in Reed. I'd think they're as concerned about how they will cover Cotchery, Edwards and Keller as we are about how to handle Boldin, Mason and Heap.

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Yes. I would like to name it Gary. No particular reason -- I'm just fond of the name Gary.

14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Fecal McLog.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The Big Brown Splash
    The Log Roller
    The Corn Creator

16. bojanglesman

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Still fond of the name Gary?:smile:

#10636 bojanglesman, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  17. HighFlyingJets

I agree with you, one player doesn't make a team, but a player such as Revis can turn a really strong defense into a truly great defense.

Last year the Jets had a really strong defense without Kris Jenkins, and Revis was a huge reason why. We all seen Revis shut down elite WR after elite WR during the entire season, but that still wasn't enough to beat Peyton Manning and the Colts during the AFC Championship game.

With Jenkins coming back, along with the upgrades that we've made on the defensive side of the ball during the offseason, the Jets are in position to field a defense that can truly become dominant, but I'm sorry, we need Revis to win a championship.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

What's the going rate for CB's that can't cover?

19. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I have faith in Cro and Wilson. That's not a shabby combo at all. And if we put pressure on Flacco, we have a good chance of shutting them down.

This defense is very, very good with or without Mevi$.

20. ........

........ Trolls

I do. Jets41815162342.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.