The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youraveragejoe29

youraveragejoe29 New Member

this needs to go somewhere where all who were following the revis/jackson situations can see it. great job...

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Once again:

[​IMG]

3. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Aside from my "Wilson Peninsula" post, Br4's was one of the most compelling reads on this thread since post #1368.

Br4 explained in a great, thoughtful and educated manner exactly what alot of already believe...this contract negotation is out of the hands of reasonable, professional businessmen looking to make a reasonable deal. It has gone Sh*%house, and as Br4 uses the "ledge" analogy and VJ and Revis being too far out ledge, the reality is their is no proverbial contractual ledge...the two parties could get back together anytime in the next day, week, month or year and be singing "Koombaya" an hour after the ink drys. But in reality, these are not robots negotiating the contracts, they are the most evil of the evil, Lawyers. Even worse, successful lawyers with big bank accounts and big egos. They are, as Br4 so eloquently pointed out...looking for the big payday and they put all there money on 24. The whole situation is really a head-shaker.

No one really knows what the hell is going on, not Cole at Yahoo, not Br4, not even the Wilson Peninsula but the silence is deafening and it sure seems that Cole and Br4 are more likely right than wrong.

Welcome to Wilson Peninsula...SHIRTS COMING SOON.

4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

What a ####'N Black cloud....

Man, normally right now I'm wrapping up A Few FF Drafts - Possibly in Vegas for opening weekend and Completely stoked about FOOTBALL.....

NOw, I just get sick thinking about Revis and his clown agent little ####s

#10584 Jet Blue, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'd whip a cinderblock at your head.....but that helmet looks pretty sturdy.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I pray you break you leg and never post here again. End of story.

Good riddance.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Can't you just walk off a peninsula? Bad nickname.

8. bojanglesman

FYP by the way.

9. bojanglesman

bahahaha!! Well......you'd probably have to drive......might take a while. It'd still be tough to get off it. Yeah.

10. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was you or not but i was just on 4chan and someone already posted their info over there...that could get interesting.

11. aburre

aburre Member

dude, Revis is taking up a valuable roster spot. Injuries do happen and since Revis isn't playing they'll have to trade him to acquire other talent in those positions. Plus it isn't beneficial for the Jets to just shelf him, they would be losing an asset that they got no value for. Plus he can threaten to retire if they don't trade him, he won't have to pay a fine then. and those fines only mean that he won't be getting a pay check. He still has money that he has already earned.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm fairly certain Revis is on the same list that they placed Ainge on which frees up a roster spot until he comes back.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Wrong appendage :wink:

But...tell me how sweet would it be for F&S if some ...bizarre mishap...were to befall #24..

****Humour disclaimer
    ESPN is reporting that a bizarre mishap involving Revis' manager and a tub of baby oil has resulted in a trip to the ER for the Jets star CB holdout....Dr.James Andrews is reportedly flying in to operate on the injured ankle....

20 million guaranteed dollars...bye bye....

14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Damn, whipping a cinderblock? That's some serious arm-strength.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Who heard Mike & Mike this AM referring to a interview Cimini had with Revises G/mom?

16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid ass comment. I am sick of this whole Revis thing to but wishing bodily harm on the kid come on man.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried faxing them?

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea, even she says the Jets offer is not enough....the whole family is huddled in a bunker with him in PA somewhere, singing about dollar bills....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...20100903_revis_grandmother_says_hes_underpaid

Uhhh, he loves holding out?

I would loved to be "slapped in the face" with a 120 million dollar contract.

19. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I am of firm belief that Revis agents planned to holdout till the very last day from the very beginning. Afterall, this is ALL about the money for them. They really don't care about the team, the fans or the players ultimate well being. These guys are bloodsuckers who profit off of someone else's talent. They create nothing in this world, they merely take.

20. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Not me, but if it is on 4chan, the people over there are fucking relentless. It could get VERY entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.