Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

No way he gets cut...There would be teams frothing at the mouth to pick him up...Not saying that would be a correct decision, but they would

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I really don't see the Jets keeping 4 HBs on the roster just in case the #3 went down.

I think it's more likely that the Jets keep either Woodhead or Washington and if either of them wind up injured then Conner gets their one or two carries/game. Conner is really close to a Le'Ron McClain type FB.

3. ........

........ Trolls

Two questions:

1) What longterm potential do you think Washington and Woodhead have?
    2) How many carries do you think will be available to the duo?

For the first question, I'd say 'pretty fucking limited'. For the second, I'd say 'pretty fucking few'. Unless one of the starters gets hurt, neither guy is getting carries. Why keep two guys to share a couple of carries per game when you know neither one is a future starter?

McKnight will stay on the roster because he has the tools to be a VERY good RB. He was a very good back at USC, and anyone who thinks he failed at the position wasn't paying attention. Anyone who thought he was supposed to fill Leon's shoes this season must have missed the Tomlinson signing.

If I had to guess, I'd say Woodhead may make the roster for two reasons:

1) Washington is still eligible for our practice squad. He hasn't spent 2 seasons on our PS and he hasn't logged enough active roster time to be ineligible. If Greene were to get hurt, he'd still be available.
    2) Woodhead is more of a versatile player, which gives him more opportunities for immediate play.

Teams are going to watch CW's film and see him cough up the ball twice. I doubt anyone signs him off our PS and commit him to an active roster for 3 weeks.

No, I don't. Pete had two young backs in Forsett and Ganther, and a vet in Julius Jones. He loves RB committees, and he wanted to bring in another guy who was immediately ready to compete. Leon was cheap and, if healthy, could be that guy. If he wasn't healthy, he was again cheap and he would be an easy cut with no contract past this season. He wasn't going to give McKnight a spot knowing that he needed time to develop. With the commitment to those 3 guys, it wasn't an option.

4. GreenMachine

Pete also grabbed Lendale White and Golden Tate. He knows character and work ethic.

5. ........

........ Trolls

And Washington would be available on the PS. I don't see anyone picking him up based on his preseason performance and limited ceiling.

6. CatoTheElder

You're looking at college work ethic vs. pro work ethic. Two different things. Something Pete Carrol still needs to figure out.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Good Conner, John.

ZOMG! Conner fumbled the ball tonight - let's cut his ass! We already have a really good fullback on the roster! Plus! He FUMBLED!!!!!!!11!!!!!

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Pete Carroll had a chance to draft a lot of his players, but only took one, and it was in the 6th round. I guess the other six that got drafted must be garbage.

9. GreenMachine

I forgot my sarcasm emoticon

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

FYP.

Fillz

11. CatoTheElder

I think this happens to me at least three times a week. I really could benefit from those, but what would it look like? It should probably have hair covering it's eyes and be smoking a cigarette.

Although I stand by my point about Pete Carrol.

Hey, that towel had it coming. For about 40 years.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Look I am not a McKnight fan in any way shape or form. I am meh on him actually. The way he has conducted himself and has played this preseason leads a lot to be desired. He has looked out of sorts. Yes,on this we can all agree.

That said, if you can not tell the difference in talent and ability between him, C. Washington and D Woodhead, then I am sorry I do not have much to say. Fumbles aside, he is by far the most talented of the three.

I don't think it that big a deal for him to get this year as a redshirt year. I don't see the need for an over reaction. If the Jets need either Washington or Woodhead they are screwed anyhow.

13. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

McKnight had a hard time transitioning to college ball from HS. When he figured it out he was able to contribute with 1k yards rushing. The kid can do damage on returns now. Rex is a hard ass and he will push this kid to his limits probably for the first time in his life. Give him a chance maybe he can surprise everyone.

14. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

With all the McKnight-Bush comparisons dont people remember how long it took Bush until he became useful ?

I mean for christ sake we drafted this guy in the 4th round to be our 3rd string backup.

If he doesnt take massive steps in 2 years when LTs tenure ends then lets cut his ass, till then quit yer whining

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And it was the ground!!!!!11111

WTF our rookies suck!!!! durrrr

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I was thinking that the minute Conner got the football today.

But with the talent the Jets have at RB, he's going to carry the ball 30 times this year. That's what I'm guessing.

And he can catch out of the backfield. He had that nice body control catch last week against the skins

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

McKnight-Bush isn't a fair comparison because Bush is lightyears better than McKnight and Leon Washington combined times a thousand. Jet fans will never admit to it.

The LW-McKnight comparisons aren't fair either.

18. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Maybe Bushes potential is lightyears better.

But for a guy whose best season consisted of 565 rushing yards and 740 receiving he doesnt come even REMOTELY close to living up to his hype/draft position.

And that was in 2006, since then Bush has gotten worse (statistically) EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

1000 total yards in 07, 850 in 08, 720 in 09.

And his ONLY good year doing punt returns was 08.

Not to mention Bushes rushing avg is FAR below Leon, and even bushes recieving avg is below that of Leon.

And Leon was far better than Bush @ special teams (just compare the numbers).

Im not saying that I miss Leon or dont support trading him but I see absolutely zero evidence that says to me Bush is this amazing player completely out of their class.

And since McKnight hasnt played a single nfl game yet in his life im not ready to say that he doesnt have the ability to be the same player as those two

19. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Fuck cutting him. We should sacrifice him in Revis' name as a peace offering.

20. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Maybe the gods would release the Revis!

[​IMG]