The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

He meant Wednesday, meaning today.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Who are you talking to or about?

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I've thought about this, too. He was obviously a good player frm the time he was drafted, but was he the elite shutdown corner when Eric Mangini was the coach? I don't remember him being this off-the-charts awesome player before Rex got here. Of course we're better with him but I think we can survive without him, especialy since we've acquired Cromartie and Wilson.

4. pisano24

pisano24 Member

Players who work hard and are good are considered to be not ALL about the money... if that's the case with Revis then he will not want to miss this potentially historic season. Wait as long as you can... then take what's on the table.

He HAS to be pissed off about not winning the Defensive MVP last year! Missing time will almost certainly give him no chance this year.

5. TampaJet

TampaJet Member

What fires me up is that Revis will be rooting for us to do bad without him. I say fuck him. Make him sit.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

To me our secondary has looked great up to this point. I think with the additions we made even without Revis it's better. (I know that's another argument)

Cro has been all over his receivers without too much game planning going into it, pretty much the same with Wilson. Cro has been tested more then him actually.

Cro has looked very athletic and has been making some great plays as well. Against the Skins, not a full game of play he had 4 tackles, 1 PD, and what should've been a pick.

Wilson had 4 tackles as well and .5 a sack, that was playing some nickleback too.

I am completely confident this defense without Revis will be great, with Revis it could be legendary. Last year we didn't have Pace and Ellis to start the season and we started off 3-0, and the longer Wilson plays the better he'll get.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That makes no sense. Where do you people come up with this shit?

8. ........

........ Trolls

Willie's been saying it for the past few days. People tend to listen to Willie.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Of course he would want us to do bad. That's the only way he would gain leverage. Personally I think it wouldn't make a difference but that's the card he would be playing.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that type of shit is all you see when your head is in your ass.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I wouldn't say he's "rooting" for us to do badly.. but you can honestly say that he's rolling the dice on it... so he has to hope for it at some degree, because it only makes sense. Otherwise, why hold out?

I'm still holding out hope that he's going to turn up here a couple of days before the first game... that would be nice.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Got two words for you bro. Emmitt Smith.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

Explain to me what Revis would want to happen if he did hold out into the regular season.

14. JetBlue

it is one thing to say he would undoubtedly benefit in us doing poorly and probably wants us to do so, and another to outright assert that is in fact how he feels and then hate him for something you don't know with any certainty he actually believes.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

It has nothing to do with his "feelings". Rooting for something does not imply emotional attachment at all. I've rooted for the Dolphins to win because I bet money on them.

Revis wants to collect a huge sum of money. The purpose of his hold out is to try and negotiate that large sum of money. Holding out into the regular season only gains him leverage in that negotiation if the Jets are doing poorly, especially if that's specifically in the secondary.

In that situation team Revis assumes the Jets losing gives them a better chance at getting what they want, right?

Assumptions:
    Revis wants a specific sum of money.
    If the Jets to poorly, Revis gets the money. (I don't necessarily agree with this)

Conclusion:
    Revis wants the Jets to do poorly.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Because that is his best hope for the F.O. to be forced to cave.

Clearly the holdout was planned long before it looked like we'd be fielding a better 1-2-3 at CB than last year it's just surprising that seeing that we're better today than we were on the last day of the season, they're sticking to it.

(N.D. J/K Bout the @gg thing, but the pro24 camp is stretching credulity with one week left...his conduct is now actively detrimental to the team)

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

On second thought, I don't think Revis would want us to do bad overall. I think he would just want our pass D to suck. The offense should be irrelevant to gaining leverage. Run D can also be relevant, since having Revis can free up an extra defender.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

The secondary doing poorly would gain him some leverage. The Jets losing would give him more leverage because it would put more pressure on the FO.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You're right.

As a fan however, it is rational to hate the greedy little f*r for conduct detrimental to the team....

If he was a F.A. or close...I could go the other way on this....but his rights are OWNED for a very long time....he's not just asking for money, he's asking for credit for having paid the dues he has not paid...up until the 3rd preseason game ...O.K. ,but now his absence hurts the team on the field, even if he comes back tomorrow.

(1 week to get it together, 1 week for the entire secondary to adjust)

20. JetBlue

you want to say that Revis wants us to do poorly because it benefits him, I'll agree that it is a logical connection to make, but you have to admit it is pure speculation and unfounded and thus it is illogical and asinine to then hate him for it when it is completely fantasy until proven otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.