The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

the irs is not happy with mr revis

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Cowlishaw said that he heard either Wednesday or Saturday, but based on the information he felt that Wednesday was more realistic.

3. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

well dan graziano is sticking to his guns, and saying a deal will get done before the season.

per twitter, 9/1/10

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If you think you're the best at doing it you should hold out for more money. Or even better when you deliver the food and ask, Was that the best delivery ever?

They'll feel obligated to say yes, and then you can say well you should tip me accordingly.

I was content, then pissed, then accepted the fact he was gone for the year, pissed again, now I'm at the point where I just want to see him in a Jets uniform. As long as the deal is good for both parties or better for the Jets cap.

5. Heavy Metal Thunder

Yeah I know, but that's irrelevant. It's possible that Revis gave his agent a deadline (even though Cowlishaw wasn't sure if it was Wed or Sat) and that announcing it publicly, foiled Revis' plan.

6. Good ol days at Shea

I think that at this point Revis's plan is to hold out game 1 and maybe game 2 of the regular season with the hope that the Jets secondary plays poor to create leverage for the Jets to renegotiate. I think that would be a big mistake on Revis's, especially if Kyle Wilson plays well, then the Jets would really dig in and not budge. Don't get me wrong, I think that is a stupid plan, but at this point with the preseason essentially over, what else could he be thinking?

7. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

12 Days Until...

Revis does not play in the jets 1st game. It will be 3 or 4 weeks into the season before we get our best DB and WR back this year!

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im assuming he bought himself a nice house and a nice house in NY costs at least a couple millions depending on where you'd stay. Add a few cars and the fines he has to pay and Revis is left with less than $5mil over three and a half years from his pay check alone. He's made more via endorsements as well.

Since has has family to feed that requires $160 mil, that $5 mil must be gone by now. Im willing to bet he's living on endorsement money he has accumulated over the last three years. He's a smart so Im sure he invested some of that money for future.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Haha, it's all about how replacable you are. That's what it's going to come down to for Revis as well, just with higher numbers. A lot higher.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Revis will ask for a higher signing bonus than Willis' $15 mils. It'll be a 10 year deal so you have to deal accordingly.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, I'd imagine Revis $16mil demand is a little bit higher than the minimum wage we get as delivery drivers.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I think an even bigger issue is, Cowlishaw specifically said that a "deal" was going to be reached between Revis and the Jets. He said he didn't report the terms of the deal because the proposed guaranteed money and total compensation sounded "too high" to be right.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's what I would think. If he does nothing why would they pay him anything?

Ironically, yes. We have a full menu of dinners and subs along with pizza. :up:

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You seem very confident.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I've predicted week 3 myself, but I also think Revis might not play this year.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The problem with your original post, although very thoughtful and logical, is that Cowlishaw specifically spoke of a new deal being reached between Revis and the Jets. It wasn't just about Revis potentially ending his hold out. Cowlishaw even went so far as to say that the only reason he didn't report the terms of the new deal was because the money sounded "too high" to possibly be correct.

#9916 slimjasi, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

he'll be back. In his rookie deal he had what $20 mill guaranteed after this season so he has already gambled that away. Say he decides to roll the dice and Wilson plays solid in Rex's defense and Cro proves to be reborn. Why pay Revis a dime more than he has a contract for? Trade him in the off season to a team with a #1 pick next year that is out of the AFC. If there is a lockout make him sit on his ass since his contract is frozen. Take him to court to get your original signing bonus money back for breach of contract.

Revis knows these are all issues and will sign for a deal that give him more years and more than the $20 mil he had coming to him in his original contract.

i think the risk of him holding out into the regular season is jusy way too huge. If the jets play well against Balt/NE without him it will cost him millions and millions of dollars. People will no longer see him as elite and will see him as a good DB made elite by Rex and his defensive scheme...say bye bye to endorsements and all they praise he got last year. It would even kill a trade market for him...people will say well is he really that good or is he that good because of that defense?

#9917 85inthehall, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

oooo, I forgot all about that. Jesus man, Mevis has no leverage whatsoever. I hope if his greedy ass goes through with screwing the team that the Jets sue his ass and put him in the poor house.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I said about a week ago what I would do is offer 12.5/year for 10 years with 40 guaranteed and tell F&S it was my final offer and that they could accept or we'll talk next time the NFL plays a season (and there's no stupid Aso contract).

My assumption all along was that F&S knew damn well the $16 MM/year is ridiculous and were just trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the Jets. I figured giving them the .5 would give them "a win" and finish things off.

I don't think Tanny caves even if we start out shitty while getting torched in teh secondary so I believe team Revis is doing nothing but wasting energy at this point.

20. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The $40 million as guaranteed up front money or as rolling guarantees for skill or injury?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.