The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

You may well be right Alio.
    Not sure how credible this 'source' is.
    Media black out, so how do they know anything?

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, that's the irrational endpoint that we're fairly likely to see, because Revis grew up idolizing his uncle Sean and he can't be less of a man than him, standing up for his due rewards.

The logical endpoint, the one that would most rationally conclude all of this is the one Alio put forward. Revis misses all of camp and the potential injuries there and then comes in and either signs the best offer he can get or plays out the year of his contract that lets him opt out and set the wheels in motion again. That's the endpoint of lowest risk for Revis.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

If the Jets win a superbowl with Revis would he sell the ring?

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehe. Good, but I always expected the Book of Jets would have more f-bombs in it.

Like in Rex 4:18 -

And Rex looked down upon the people below him with wide eyes, flared his nostrils and spake: "Get off my fucking driveway, you fucking bunch of fucks. I have to get to the fucking stadium."

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

He would hold out for a bigger ring than anyone else on the team. So hes not going to get one.

6. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (12 Days Until MNF)

Oh, you mean the one you've been pooh poohing every time I propose it as most likely. My offer of a bet is still in place, even with one day off the clock.

I do like, however, that you went from "no way it ends before Week 3" to "fairly likely" it goes that long.

7. Br4d

This is what I posted.

How do you take that as me changing my stance? Just curious. Does the word hopefully suggest to you that I think it's likely?

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I have a feeling that Revis will sit out the first game as a last ditch effort to get the Jets to waiver. If the Jets secondary lets Flacco and Boldin roam free, then there will be shit loads of fan outcries as well as those from the media.

9. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (12 Days Until MNF)

No, it was your other post in which you just said the other situation is "fairly likely". Again, just yesterday you used the words "no way it ends before Week 3". You've also challenged the idea that he'd even return before the season as illogical. It's just nice to see progress. I was getting tired of opening the thread to see you say the same thing 2 or 3 times on every page.

10. Br4d

If he sits out the first game there's no reason not to sit out the second as well. If he still hasn't gotten any more leverage at that point then the incentive to continue holding out diminishes unless he's going to sit the season, which would be a really risky move on his part.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The problem is that the Jets know that if he sits out the entire season, he loses any chase in getting Aso money since that contract will have expired. He knows this, the Jets know this, and he knows that the Jets know this.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

and the flip side is if the jets shut them down Revis winds up losing more leverave from an already weak leverage position.

I'm tired of Revis....No corner is worth 16m Per, heck few QB's are worth 16m per....

13. ........

........ Trolls

Here are the posts you made, BTW, right before telling me that it was foolish to even think about Revis returning without the Jets caving. Now you're at least willing to acknowledge a 'hope' of that happening, and you've downgraded from "no way it ends before Week 3" to "it's fairly likely it goes until Week 3". That's the progress. It's nice to see. There's nothing wrong with re-thinking and changing your position. It's just silly to insist that it didn't happen.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Not only that, but he knows this, the Jets know this, he knows that the Jets know this, but also he knows that we know that the Jets know what he knows, so there really aren't any secrets here.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I knew that you knew this before you made this post. We all knew that.

Also, did he sign yet?

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Tomorrow...

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Cool, thanks bro. :up:

18. Br4d

Just going to point out that you bolded things that had qualifiers before and after them, like "I think if the Jets don't move off of their current position" and "If he had some real compromise in him he wouldn't have", and "If the Jets don't throw money at him".

I still believe all of those things.

Revis is not likely to come in off the ledge until he has too, given the advice that he's getting, that would be along about week 3 if the Jets are doing fine without him.

I'd love to see him report next week, preferably without the long-term offer the Jets have on the table since I think it's a bad deal for us, however I expect the holdout to go longer than that because some people just won't take a huge contract if they think there's possibly a bigger one to be had by waiting.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the "logic" of Revis's position seems to be "I bet you will suck without me" - which means he will sit at least two games to "show" the Jets he's right.

Or the Jets raise their offer substantially before OD.

This is why I am pessimistic. I don't think the Jets make a big increase in their offer, since they seem to be thinking they will be ok without Revis.

The slim bit of hope is that the reason the Jets have not gone and gotten more help at corner is that a deal is imminent. But it's probably more likely the same thinking that led them to think they could replace Kendall with Clarke and Bender is at work here.

Which is why I am pessimistic.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Great, you tossed in some qualifiers so you don't look bad if he signs. Clearly, you don't believe any of them will happen since you go on with the firm proclamations anyway. Of course, now you've backed off that. Still, if the scenario that I expect to play out does, they won't help you.

And how, exactly, do you know exactly what advice he's getting? Whole lot of broad assumption going on in here. Uncle Sean may be teaching him the power of the hold out, but that doesn't mean he's telling him it's the right situation for him to hold out into the season. We have no idea.

I've said multiple times that I think he's back even without the Jets making big concessions, and likely for a shorter deal. I recognize, however, that it's all speculation on my side, but I have good sources for those beliefs. All this crap about "Revis is seething because he's not getting paid", and "clearly he's all about the money and doesn't care about his team at all" is just willful assumption without a single word from Revis to back any of it up. It could be true, but it's being bandied about like gospel in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.