17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ticketmaster is charging $105 for $95 seats plus surcharges???
    New York Jets vs. Houston Texans
    New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
    Sun, Nov 21, 2010 01:00 PM

Section
    Row
    Seats
    Description 350
    6 - 8
    Price Level 4
    Concourse 3
    End Zone Seating
    Reserved Seating TypeFull Price TicketTicket PriceUS $105.00 x 3 Price Details Convenience ChargeUS $11.00 x 3
    SUBTOTALUS $348.00

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Have you tried to call them yet to take any of these?

3. 17a_tailgater

i dont need to move.
    im fine with my seats.
    next year i will take advantage of the people who want out from under the PSL Hell!!!!!!

or the unsold psl
    or 1 and done upper sideline.

4. MadBacker Prime

Yeah I wonder what some people will do when they can't pay for the PSL anymore. After losing a job or something, just trying to break even or get enough to pay the balance off, there might be some really good deals out there.

Someone should setup a PSL sale site if there isn't one already.

5. 17a_tailgater

no way.setting up a psl sale site would not be governed by the people, it would be infiltrated by scalpers and people like rojf sky rocketing prices or snatching all the good seats just to try to turn it around and make a profit.
    and this is the reason ticket prices are the way theu are now.teams feel if scalpers can ask for a ridiculous price why cant we???

6. MadBacker Prime

Yeah, never mind. That sucks, it is ridiculous the prices that are being charged.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

No they are charging face plus $11 if you enter 'gotime" since everyone knows code only a sucker would pay $105. Still considering you can just buy the best five games of year, Ravens, Pats, Vikings, Packers and Dolphins and skip the rest not a bad deal even at full price.

I bought section 315 row five near upper prime for $116 a ticket with fee yesterday. I thought that was a good deal. Now I can go to game and sell my psl seats and have my cake and eat it too.

Free market economy is as american as apple pie.

8. 17a_tailgater

we have a thread here.
    say you lose your job and decide to drop your tix to me.
    well i would give you a fair deal not to steal them from under you during hard times.
    i would get good seats at a fair price and we would refill those field level seats with true fans who constantly go and dont sit on a blackberry all day.

9. 17a_tailgater

Go Bang Your Dick With A Hammer

10. MadBacker Prime

Yeah exactly what 17A said, a season ticket holder pays $95 for that ticket while you paid $116. I don't get what you are disagreeing with??

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

my issue with secondary market, if one ever exists, is financing. Lets say I bought four kick ass row one 10K psls on the 30 yard line. Obviously a good deal. However, when you go to monitize your investment on ebay or whatever and you want your skyhigh 50-60k who will you find to give you cash or throw it on their credit card?

Jets had a hard time selling those seats with 20% down and had to lower it to 10% down. You may have great seats, but selling a PSL will be hard for any PSL over 2.5k each. That you can throw on a credit card.

I like 17a and the Jets have played too many long term fans. Bottom line anyone row 20 and up in UD who bought season tickets who is not between the 10"s got sucker punched yesterday by jets.

Funny if Jets did a seat reallocation process and gave these screwed people slightly better seats they will eat it up.

However, ticketmaster sells customer information for a fee. Jets will buy every name who bought individual tickets this week and will try to sell them the remaining Clubs, PSLs and UD tickets for 2011 first then give scraps to UD.

Once PSL resale is allowed game is over for Jets. This ticketmaster new blood gives one last try. Maybe get them after the game they attend.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I bought a $105 ticket for $105 plus an $11 fee. $95 tickets are $95 plus an $11 fee. If you enter "gotime" Full price without "gotime" they tack on $10 plus the $11 fee

13. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Great. So I'm guessing the view from up there blows like a lot?

14. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Just go on Nyjets.com and view your seats. As you are viewing them, just know that they aren't as bad as they will look when you are in them.

15. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Joy. And to be honest, they didn't look at that great here, so I can't imagine what it'll look like there haha. Oh well, at least I will be there.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I have to do it to myself, at least the Jets did it for you. Now if you banged that girl in ticket office you had a hook up with you would be sitting in a great UD seat.

BTW really really nice long time Jet fans near my PSL seats. No scalpers. Big deal nearly everyone near me including me are selling a few big games to pay psl fee.

Jets did us a big favor yesterday letting us buy big games at face plus $11 so we can still attend the games we sold.

Jets also did a big favor by holding PSL Yellow parking prices up. I take train to most games and now with 2k people looking for a parking spot as a result of yesterdays sale where all you can buy is an orange pass for $50 it is another way to help PSL people pay for seats.

This will greatly help lower the default rate on PSL seats. As long as buyers can at least break even if they can't attend a season or move they won't default.

Plus it is not scalping if someone has a seat with a $125 ticket price and a $75 PSL fee who sells it for $235 on stubhub, that is just breaking even. From what I see most people are breaking even. If there is any proft on big games preseason, bills and texans eat it up. 95% of PSL seats break even or lose money.

What you are saying is PSL owners need to sell at face big games and sell bad games at a loss to total strangers to be real jet fans.

Start dating that girl and move on to UD Prime 50 yard line row one!!! My dream seats. Note my dream seats do not involve a PSL, like most people Jets refused to sell me good UD seats

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

actually it is a great view, bring a camera. At night the view of the NYC skyline behind you is breathtaking.

18. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Well thats good to hear I suppose. What side of the stadium is the skyline on?

19. MadBacker Prime

[​IMG]

20. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Visitors side.