The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

so if my math is right, darrelle revis has now cost himself roughly $480,000 in salary by holding out

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The darksider is coming out, I don't think the Jets will beat the Ravens.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They're pretty banged up.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Those are fines not taken out of his salary. Not only is he not getting a paycheck but he has to pay the fines as well.

If a new deal is signed all be forgiven though.

5. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

God that's a huge hit. In slow mo you can see how fast Eric is moving, that hit was brutal

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The Bible has prophesied Revis' return:

Jets 3:16

After the Day ending in Y, at dawn on the first day of the week, Rex Ryan went to the house of Revis. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of Revis came down from heaven and, going to his home, rolled back the door and sat on top of it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were green as grass and white as snow. The doormen were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to Rex, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Revis, who was holding out. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his fans: 'He has risen from the holdout and is going ahead of you into the Meadowlands. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

So Rex hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his team. Suddenly Revis met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Revis said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to the Meadowlands; there they will see me."

#9806 TommyGreen, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

One pair of seats in our group is in the 7th row behind that end zone so we moved down there during garbage time. I too thought Boldin was dead. It was SO loud and the visual of him just falling limply was disturbing.

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i must admit this brought a tear to my eye. great work tommy. the prophecy of revis will speak true:beer:

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

So there is a day called "hell freezes over day?" and what days of the week does this day fall between? Just asking not because I care if Revis signs on it but rather because there's this woman I know and she told me that on the day Hell freezes over she'd.....

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes, ironically the team that is really short in the defensive backfield right now is the Ravens. The Foxworth injury really hurt them and one of the guys who might take the job, Fabian Washington, has been playing with bruised ribs all camp. Then you have no Ed Reed for at least the first half of the season, that's not the Ravens defense you usually see back there.

They did acquire Josh Wilson to help with the depth problems, but he's at roughly Dwight Lowery's level of ability and if they have to start him they're probably hurting.

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I call hornet.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Good thing I'm half Atheist. :breakdance:

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I think Revis will be signed by the end of the week. He misses all of camp and the meaningless games, gets his money, and plays week 1 to shut down Flacco & Co.

BTW: Sorry to derail the thread by talking about Revis.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

And all is well in Jets land again

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've felt this way all along and I still believe it to be the case.

16. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

no point in watching the game then eh.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the logical endpoint for this whole mess. Hopefully it's where things wind up.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i'm with you there, Alio.....I'm hoping for the same outcome.

I'm tired of this bullshit.

19. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

The Bible has prophesied Revis' return:

Jets 3:16

After the Day ending in Y, at dawn on the first day of the week, Rex Ryan went to the house of Revis. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of Revis came down from heaven and, going to his home, rolled back the door and sat on top of it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were green as grass and white as snow. The doormen were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to Rex, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Revis, who was holding out. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his fans: 'He has risen from the holdout and is going ahead of you into the Meadowlands. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

So Rex hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his team. Suddenly Revis met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Revis said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to the Meadowlands; there they will see me."

20. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (12 Days Until MNF)

I thought the logical end was that it couldn't be done before Week 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.