The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aburre

aburre Member

That's your opinion, Revis might think the contract is not paying him what he deserves. He deserves to be the highest paid corner, he's the best in the league. As I said, his team mates don't take care of him. He has to look out for himself, because no one else will. And couldn't his team mates take lesser paying contracts so Revis can get paid more? Or are they all about the money too? They pay you by draft position, so cut it out. And these owners are making billions off these players so don't act like it was an inconvenience for him to draft Revis. Revis' talents got him there. If he was a scrub, he wouldn't have got drafted. The demand for great players is huge because those players turn organizations around and make them more profitable. It's supply and demand, basic economics.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Liquid, that is.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

We can hope he is able to pull his out of Feinsod and Schwartz' ass by wk 3.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes, but none of this makes sense given that Revis is a cornerback. Cornerbacks are complementary players not core players. No cornerback is worth what Al Davis paid Nnamdi Asomugha except to a fading Al Davis. Darrelle Revis may want to get paid like Asomugha but unfortunately he doesn't have the latitude to negotiate with Al Davis and likely won't for several years. Nobody else, including the Jets, is going to pay that type of money for a player who is not a core player.

5. aburre

aburre Member

great corner backs are a rarity and they have the ability to affect the game like any core position on the field. Great QBs can only perform great with the help of their receivers. If you take their targets away a great qb is no longer effective.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That worked really well in the AFC championship game last year, didn't it?

7. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

No really, you really grinding my gears!

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Uhh, we shut down Reggie Wayne with a great CB. Not so much the same story for his backups...
    [​IMG]

9. aburre

aburre Member

No, you're paying Sanchez like 60 million. You should be asking for money out his contract to pay Revis. And do you even think you would have got to the AFC championship without Revis? Get serious. Peyton Manning(a great qb) threw an interception that cost them to super bowl. Just because they didn't win that game does that mean their investment in him was a dumb one? You're not going to win every game.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

God, I hope you are Revis. Cuz if you are, you really need to get laid...and gang raped.

Revis has become a fucking joke. That little bitch is crying about the $1mil he'd be making this yr. Fuck that. He signed a fucking deal for 6 years. He fuckin held out of camp in 2007 just so he could years 5 and 6 added to his damn contract. And now he is holding out again just so he could get out of those two years plus the 4th. You are telling me paying him $1mil a year is disrespectful to him. I am telling you that hypocrisy is worse than being disrespectful. U wanna take Revis' side, fine.

He certainly does deserve to be the highest paid corner, but he can be compared with those corners in similar situations. You are telling me there is no difference in being a FA or being under contract for the next three years. And why would his teammates take less money while he wants to be paid 30% more than what he deserves?

They do pay you by draft position. You might wanna check what the damn draft position for Revis was FOUR years ago and compare his rookie deal with the CURRENT 14th pick. Earl Thomas signed a 5 years $21mil deal thise year while Revis got 6 years $36 mil deal FOUR years ago. WTF u talking about?

Revis couldn't stop Manning even when we had like an 11 point lead close to half time. Sure, Manning picked apart the rest of the secondary, but to say that ONE great (defensive) player turns organizations around, you are absolutely wrong.

Again, I pray to God you are Revis, cuz it'd make me feel better by cursing u. If you're not Revis, then you have the right to your opinion.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Heard of Tom Brady? Care to explain which WRs helped him win those rings? You are so delusional. ONE great corner back couldn't stop a team from erasing an 11 point lead with 32 minutes to go. Infact, one great corner back was part of the D that let up 24 points in 32 minutes. That's an average of 45 points over 60 minutes. So much for the ability to affect the game like any core position.

#9731 Jets n Boys, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  12. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

At this point I'm fine with whatever happens. I love Revis as a player, but if he misses games once the season starts I don't care what the Jets do with him.

13. aburre

aburre Member

So that means QBs aren't worth that kind of money either than right? Because without good receivers and an O line a QB is nothing. Not to mention you have to have a good defense to win it all. I would have to see how much money is guaranteed, plus Revis took an extra year so it probably balances out.

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Seriously dude, you just mentioned that you get paid according to where you are drafted. And now u want some cash back from Sanchez? Seriously, not only delusional, you are also contradicting your own shit...

15. aburre

aburre Member

Tom brady had a great defense, a great offensive line, and adequate receivers. If you place receivers that can't catch on his team, he would be trash. Like I said even QBs require others around them to perform.

16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Obvious fucking troll. I hate how in the real world I am obligated to honor contracts I sign. I just wish I could tell my phone carrier to fuck off until we redo my contract and not have to pay an etf.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

If u want to win the super bowl, you definitely have to have all that you mentioned. ONE player will never win u a trophy. You are now getting the point. The money has to be divided accordingly, not just to one corner. There are 24 starters, plus several others that contribute.

18. aburre

aburre Member

I was making a point. People were saying that only core players are worth that kind of money when in reality you got where you were in spit of one of your core players.

19. aburre

aburre Member

but weren't you guys just saying that only core players are worth that much money?

20. aburre

aburre Member

In the real world, are you drafted? If not, stfu. And I'm not a troll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.