The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Revis mentioned in Press Conference-

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkjet...ing?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

that's good..:rofl:

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Ryan made another indirect reference to Revis, noting that he expects rookie CB Kyle Wilson to play 100% of the defensive snaps against the Ravens. Translation: He's not counting on Revis being there.

well, they do have to plan on him not being there

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

holy shit :rofl::rofl::rofl::breakdance:

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

oh man, that's rough dude. relax yourself.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I wasnt pointing fingers at Revis 1month ago, and calling him a selfish prick. I was concerned, but didn't really worry back then. Hey the guy tried to get fucking paid, and I didn't think it was likely he would get his outrageous $$$. But now this is getting out of control.

Fucking guy needs to not care who makes more money than him. Who gives a shit what Aso makes. Take the 12 a year, and 20-30 guarantee money, or whatever/.

We got fucking shitty ass players taking pay cuts...and THEY SUCK. These shitty guys will never get a big contract in the future, and they are taking discounts.

Revis really is a jerkoff. Of course if/when he returns I will be happy as fuck, and praise him....but always remember how big of a prick he is.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Just dont do what I did and confuse fleshlight with flashlight - took the doctor 3 hours to reattach it and even then I only ended up with half of it back.

8. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

Source: Darrelle Revis, Jets Still Talking Contract as Clock Ticks -- NFL FanHouse
    Skip to Main Content

8/31/2010 3:55 PM ET By Dan Graziano
    PrintAText Size

o Dan Graziano
    o Senior NFL Writer

Darrelle RevisWith just 13 days left before their regular-season opener, the New York Jets and the agents for cornerback Darrelle Revis are quietly continuing negotiations on a new contract. A week after a source told FanHouse the sides were "almost there," the same source relayed to FanHouse on Tuesday that the talks are complicated but still progressing, and that both sides believe they will have a deal done before the Jets open the season on Monday, Sept. 13 against the Ravens.

Revis has been spending his time in Pittsburgh, working out and training on his own so that once the deal is done, he'll be ready to jump right in -- despite missing all of training camp and, so far, the entire preseason. In the meantime, while observing a mutually agreed-upon media blackout, the team and the agents have been working on the details of a complex deal intended to satisfy Revis' desire to be the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL.

It's unclear what the deal will eventually look like, but sources tell FanHouse that they believe it will have to set some sort of record in order to reflect Revis' belief, and the team's corresponding assertions, that he is the league's best cornerback.

That could mean a deal that pays Revis more per year than the $15.1 million Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha makes, though the Jets have balked at that in the past on the belief that Asomugha's deal is not reflective of where the top of the market should be. So potential compromises could include a deal that's the longest ever given to a corner, or the most in terms of total value, etc. The details are complicated because there's much to be ironed out in terms of guaranteed money and how the deal is to be structured around a potential 2011 lockout, but conversations are ongoing, and it does appear likely that the situation will get settled in time for the regular season.

"There are a lot of different possibilities still in play," the source said of the likely final structure of the deal.

The Jets continue to observe the media blackout, refusing to discuss the Revis negotiations. But Jets coach Rex Ryan did say Monday that he remains confident the team can still have a great defense even without Revis and linebacker Calvin Pace, who will miss the first few weeks with a foot injury.

"We can get it done," Ryan said. "We've proved it all through the years. That's all I know is great defenses. That's what we stand for. It's not about one guy or two guys. Every team is going to go through one or two guys you're going to miss. That happened last year. When we opened the season, we never had Calvin and we never had Shaun Ellis. Last year, we lost [Kris] Jenkins for a lot of it. This is what we do. We're a team defense. That's why I know our defense will play great. There's not a question in my mind that we'll play great."

Ryan talks tough, and he means and believes what he says. But there's no doubt he'll feel better once Revis is signed.

Play Fantasy Football

Read More: Jets NFL Rumors FanHouse Exclusive NFL Analysis calvin+pace, Darrelle+Revis, Darrelle+Revis+contract, Darrelle+Revis+holdout, new+york+jets, rex+ryan

9. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Dude, it's a fuckn' message board.

11. 624

624 Banned

Just read a few pages hoping to learn more about Darrelle Revis' contract ... I was pleasantly surprised with what I found instead.

#9551 624, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  12. 624

624 Banned

So how many did you buy?

13. Gator

Gator Active Member

Looks like it's gonna get done in time for the Ravens. Finally some good Jets news. It's been a bad few days.

14. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

I actually beat both of you out. Check back a few pages ago. I guess no one realized because this thread has gone bat shit.

15. 624

624 Banned

I was actually talking about seeing a poster with a bowl haircut.

16. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Here new thread title

Clemens takes pay cut to stay with Jets, still making more than Revis this year

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Dan Graziano didn't say anything new in that article. He's just holding his ground because, unlike Cowlishaw, he didn't give a date. Any writer could have said the same thing and there'd be a 50/50 chance he ends up right. Not bad for a relative unknown in the sports world.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Yeah u edited it after I posted. Personally, I don't care about any stupid board shit. I'm just happy the Revis deal will probably get done after some bad days with Sanchez looking bad again and Pace going down. Pace hurts bigtime. That could be a couple of L's

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I hate it when people bring up Revis' $1 million this year. His contract was front loaded so he's already made more than $12 million. These last three years were fully guaranteed as well, and he would have come away with another $20 million.

People really need to stop bringing up a player's salary for a particular year.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That fanhouse article is the most calm, straightfoward thing I've read in a while.

I stick by my prediction and say he's in before week 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.