The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i am somewhat surprised that the jets can't find a way to offer him a fully guaranteed $30 million. I get the uncapped year issues and what not, but if thats the number the guy wants, and he would then take the $120 million if we could get him the guarantees, it frustrates me that we can't make it work.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be difficult to offer him $30 million guaranteed. Just look at the Mangold contract and realize Revis made far more in '09 so he's less restricted by the 30% rule.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So now the discussion is whether the Giants would have won the Super Bowl in 2007 with Darrelle Revis.

sigh.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Problem is all these numbers about guaranteed money etc are just speculation... all we know is this 120 vs 160 mill empasse.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

right I did just read the article on the mangold contract, it was a good read. But my point was more that I can't believe thats the hitch. it can't be a measly $30 million. because if thats all he wanted, than Tanny should be able to find a way to get him that with the $120 million contract offer. Too be honest, this shit has gotten over the top and has become completely ridiculous.

I always really had hope previously that he would get in eventually, and I felt the pull of the game would be too much for him to stay away. But now it really does appear that he will be doing what uncle gilbert did and sit out an entire season.

This is stupidly becoming a disaster.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I find it difficult to believe that the Jets won't be able to or aren't willing to meet the $30M guarantee demands.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Maybe Rex should pull a Brad Childress and send Bart Scott, Kris Jenkins and David Harris to Pittsburgh and visit Revis

8. WhiteShoeWillis

I really don't think the guaranteed money is the problem. There's too much evidence to suggest otherwise.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

There's no way he's holding out for just $30 million in fully guaranteed money. I'd put the number at around $45 million, and he may be demanding that it be paid out this year as a signing bonus.

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Fuck him...trade for another cb giving us decent depth and let him play his contract out or retire in his prime.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If those are his requests then he's an idiot... has that kind of signing bonus ever been given to someone? What's the biggest signing bonus that has ever been given to a non-QB?

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Not new, just more of the same-

http://nflnews.livenewsupdates.info/2010/08/revis-deal-may-save-jets-from-rough-start/

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I remember Revis and his agents harping on the fact that it's an uncapped year. In an uncapped year a team can pay a player any amount as a signing bonus. That HAS to be what's stalling negotiations.

14. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Greed is what is stalling negotiations.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This doesn't really mean anything. The Jets aren't negotiating with Revis, they're negotiating with his agents.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why do all the media people keep using the term "get him signed"? He's already signed. He's under contract. The Jets don't have to get him signed, they accomplished that 3 years ago. One of these days Revis is going to sit bolt upright in bed and suddenly realize exactly where he is and why. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the ensuing conversation with his agents.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The media is such a tool... on a video on NFL.com they were saying "Revis wants to be ONE OF the highest paid CBs in the NFL... which means around 15mill per season" that's mis-information!!!

18. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Anyone know what the ESPN Insider Revis rumor from this morning is?

19. WhiteShoeWillis

It's ESPN Insider, I'm sure it's nothing new.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'm sure it is some douche saying that he still hasn't signed. That, or some other assclown reviewing an article on Revis written by another ESPN assclown. Lately they seem to be posting articles talking about another article written by someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.