The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You had the win right there.

2. Scottso

Scottso Member

U wish u had those cans, u wouldn't leave ur bathroom...If I had them I wouldn't either...

3. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

you guys dont have to cuss at eachother, blame Al davis. the 2nd highest paid CB makes 10 million. thats a 5 million gap, that contract is surreal. all it does is make mike T's job hard

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am here mostly to entertain and because NFL history is right up my alley sometimes you get stuff like the above posts from me.

Well, some people on this board spent a lot of money on Jets tickets and the Jets not being big winners this season is going to really hurt.
    Then, you have all the people who spent money on Sunday Ticket and Jets clothes and stuff. Some of us paint the Jets logo on our garage doors. All sorts o' shit.
    I can fully understand why many Jets fans are getting bent out of shape about this particular Revis holdout.

The first one bugged me. It was like gnats. Like walking away from gnats, I didn't pay much attention to his rookie holdout and before I knew it, he was in camp.

This holdout is more like a tick that is already burrowed into human flesh. The situation already sucks because you have to get tweezers. Then you have to hope you don't get Lyme disease.

A couple months ago, I figured Revis would be in camp on 8/9 or 8/10, that he'd accept the Jets best offer. When that didn't happen, I figured he wouldn't be with the team till September at the earliest. His best move, IMHO, is to take the Jets best offer on Labor Day weekend and rejoin the team the day after Labor Day. If he holds out into the season and the Jets start off 2-0 without him, then he's fucked. I do think it is possible that the Jets could start off 2-0 without him. The 2010 Ravens and 2010 Patriots are not the 2000 Ravens and 2004 Patriots, respectively.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (No deal yet.)

Cuss??? Where are you from? Do you also call soda, pop?

Do you tuck your T-shirt in?

6. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

I would swear that this is the first time a player has held out in Jets history by the way people are spazzing out over it. lol calm down people, when it hits week 1, then you can start with all the crap. This is nothing new in the nfl, stop acting like it is.

7. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

curse piss fart cunt fag shiby do wa, lol i dunno i want to speak appropriate, i guess i cannot because your prowling

8. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

curse piss fart cunt fag shiby do wa, lol i dunno i want to speak appropriate, i guess i cannot because your prowling

9. Scottso

Scottso Member

So you've got me curious...lets talk about ur online tough guy persona. U have a screen name of SixFeetDeep, and a guy holding a gun which is really fucken scary. Not to mention ur quote, I'm fucken scared man...so what r u compensating for?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

@Cakes

If you didn't understand the basic response I made to your first post: I don't think you understand the argument here. There has never been a cornerback added to a team that then won the Super Bowl as a result of that addition. There has always been a bigger factor in play that lead to that result. Cornerbacks are good supporting players and great cornerbacks can be great supporting players but adding a cornerback is never going to get you over the top unless you have the other pieces you need already in play.

Your examples were just generally bad so I took them apart. Daryle Lamonica is the primary reason the 1967 Raiders won the AFL after failing to do so the year before. Willie Brown is a secondary player in that equation and you can't spin him any other way, because the huge improvement in the Raiders came on the other side of the ball.

Roger Staubach was the man in the Super Bowl winning season and he was in fact named MVP in the Super Bowl. How you could have passed over the fact that Staubach was the story of that season and that win in favor of "OMG the Cowboys got Herb Adderly and that was obviously a huge addition for them" is beyond me.

You're upset that I took your 4-some and trashed it as inapplicable. Well, they were inapplicable. None of the guys you mentioned were the reason their teams won the Super Bowl (or AFL championship in the case of the 1967 Raiders). There were other factors that were far more important than the contribution those 4 players made to those winning teams.

That's all I'm saying. You can't find franchise cornerbacks in NFL history. They don't exist. Great cornerbacks who helped a team win? Sure. But that's not a franchise making deal and never has been.

As to your general conclusion that franchise players don't exist? Really? Peyton Manning and Tom Brady laugh at that assertion on your part. So did Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw and arguably a number of other quarterbacks in NFL history. You add any of those guys to a good team and you're in the mix for a Super Bowl in any given year. There's never been a cornerback that you could say the same for, unless he joined a good team that had a great quarterback.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I love how messy this thread gets after midnight. Not that it's anything good during the day either.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's a quote from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia:smile:

14. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Definitely helps me get thru the 3rd shift tho.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

....uhhh, Not really.

He coulda built his own stadium with his own money in NY but chose not to....Slap in the face.
    He could pay Revis but figures fuk that.....Slap in the face

The one thing I give him credit for is that facility we have....shit looks ridiculous.
    Have there been worse owners?
    FUK YES...but stop treating this guy like a damn King...it's all business and he really doesn't give 2 fuks about anything else. WAKE UP!

OTN, Revis is being stubborn but I in no way blame him because the JETS have a history of double talk and treating players....well, like a business!

So when the shoe is on the other foot all of a sudden the players are wrong...oh so now It's not a business?
    Fuk that

16. Scottso

Scottso Member

Dude, I didn't even read what u just wrote...however I live in South Jersey and think u should change ur screen name. Terry Bradway may have not been a good GM, but he is an outstanding evaluator of talent. The Jets have done great in drafting, except for Vernon Gholston. And I know ur gonna think I'm full of shit, but I talked to Bradway's sisters husband who I know personally n he told me that Bradway hated Gholston, said he was to stiff...wanted them to draft the cornerback that the Bills took right behind us...said he was over ruled by Mangini...true story...

17. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

If Mevi$ makes his 400 billion dollars he wants do you think he'll move his family out of PA? Maybe they could move up to Jersey?

18. Scottso

Scottso Member

OK, does that mean his online persona is legit and he's a bad mother fucker?

19. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Fixed.:up:

20. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

boob.:breakdance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.