The New Stadium: Thoughts

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by KHBirdman, Aug 17, 2010.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well, I went to game 2 at this place and my opinion remains the same: Spectacular disappointment.

The bad this time: There are no signs indicating where the escalators are once you are already inside on a concourse, so we had a hell of a time finding and escalator/elevator up, to get to 301 from the lower concourse. Finally asked for help, and when told where we needed to go for either, I opted for an elevator since I hadn't seen one yet and were curious. Well, we found it. Then we were told we couldn't use it while other suite holders walked in front of us and were allowed on. I argued that a previous stadium worker directed us there, ticket location notwithstanding. No matter. We had to find the next escalator which was MetLife Corner - we wound up entering the stadium at midfield visitors side and entered the third tier in the opposite end zone. Frustrating, and I thought I knew what I was doing in there. I'm still pissed off about the ads occupying the sides of the replay boards. Looks like shit, is unnecessary, and removes the "wow" factor these corner boards may have had. It disgusts me. Also, the ribbon boards are for nothing but advertising which also is sad, disgusting, and disappointing. I recall one Jets only graphic treatment on them the entire game. Let's face it - we paid for expensive scoreboards that they erected solely to sell ads.

Minor parking complaint - parked in 26 in the corner exit near the opening in the fence towards the walkway and Izod arena, but after the game they wouldn't allow us back in the same way. They made us walk in where the cars were exiting, causing us to go past where our car was, and double back. Extra pain in the ass.

Ok, the good: Paid a lot for them, but enjoyed two quality beers - a Brooklyn Lager and a Murphy's Stout, which was a surprise since bars don't normally have that. Also, went for the pork Roll and cheese sandwich which was good. What's with the Pepper and Egg sandwich? Anyone try one?

2. CloudGreen

CloudGreen New Member

i thought it was awesome

don't understand any of the complaints - went to redskins game, easy in, easy out, beautiful stadium, big seats, nice people... stadium washed in green. loved it

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I dont like the the fact that they waste 2 TVs for stats I think its dumbs.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

If you needed to get upstairs from downstairs, it's not easy. Also, what other huge scoreboard/ replay screens have you seen with advertising within the image?

It's just disappointing given all the hype for the scoreboards, flat screens, etc etc.

I did say I enjoyed my Murphy's and Pork Roll

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm w/ you on the video boards. We have been hearing about these huge screens forever and they shrink them down w/ ads on them. I saw the board on TV for the Giant game and it didn't appear they shrunk them down.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

The ribbon scoreboard has been a BIG disappointment too. At Hockey games they add a lot to the atmosphere inside the place, and here with all the talk and need about "greening" the place up, I thought there'd be a ton of Jet-related content, or just solid green lighting effects on all the time or swirling or something.

Nope.

The best we've seen are Hard Knocks ads and SNY Jets shows advertised since they at least use green in their ads. 80% of everything else is yellow and red for the products they promote.

I am remaining hopeful that this changes once the season starts. Perhaps they are designing things that aren't ready yet, and for now the only thing ready to go are ads from the vendors.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I had great seats, parking was easy in, easy out. The stadium is the best football stadium I have ever been in. A HUGE upgrade over TERRIBLE Giants Stadium. Maybe fans were just used to it, cause the new stadium is so much better. The complaints in this thread are hilarious though.

8. Clayture

Clayture Member

A friend of mine had a free ticket for the Giants/Steelers game, and being I wasn't able to make either preseason Jets games I went. I had seen the ad complaint from the Jets/Giants game so paid attention. I didn't notice any ad's, saw full screen video about 50% on all 4 screens. They would put stats up on 2 of the screens and have 2 full video going about 50% of the time.

#88 Clayture, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I always tried to avoid looking at the board too much because I feel like I watch every game on TV and I don't want to do it when I'm in the stadium, but I get the feeling with my new seat location I'm going to need them.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if I want to watch a large screen tv, the one I have in my basement is fine! I dont need to pay $105 x 4 seats to watch tv------------the stadium is bland nothing I repreat nothing makes u say wow. The escalators are going to be a nitemare especially getting out

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

The stadium is bland and just blah. The time I went there was back in May for the Mexico vs Ecuador soccer game. I said it then, and say it now that I've bee to the mini camp, 2 preseason games and the pats game, it wasn't worth all of the money they put into it. Then rob us by hiking up the ticket prices. The escalaor is a clusterfuck to get out from, even getting in. Very disappointed