The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

in a profession with a 100% injury rate, i wonder what an insurance policy against injury would cost to protect a player making $12m/yr.

someone call AFLAC and pretend to be revis!

2. Boh

Boh Member

No sir. No jinx, hell I cant be doing any more Jinxing than other paranoid posters here. Im not a troll .

3. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Are you the B'More fan from the video on youtube?

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I guess you're just going to believe whatever you want. The Jets told the story, S&F didn't deny as they did EVERYTHING up to that point. Revis had been claiming he wanted 50 cents more than Aso all along.

Tanny said they won't negotiate guaranteed money until the total compensation is agreed on. S&F didn't argue. Then they went ahead and setup the "blackout".

5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Edit: double post. Stupid internet service going in and out.

#8845 hiker, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  6. Boh

Boh Member

Nah, NFL kids on youtube are fools.

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Me and the wife went out of town for the weekend, and I accidentally left my Crackberry sitting at home on the nightstand. I went all weekend without this thread. I feel kinda proud of myself, its like I've been able to overcome my addiction.

I've been sober for 3 days now. Did we sign him yet?

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Nope. You missed absolutely nothing

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (No deal yet.)

When I got AFLAC at work I mentioned playing sports and the Rep asked if I planned to play professionally. Short story, they won't insure pro players.

10. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

That rep is a quack, but I'm glad we ducked that long story.

11. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

EXACTLY!!! He signs tomorrow for $160 mil, gets a $40 mil signing bonus and make the pro bowl three years in a row, maybe he get DPY one of those years. Then some DB signs a $16 mil contract and Revis says "I'm not going to camp until we renegotiate." I want 18 mil and 50 mil guaranteed for my FAMILY.

How can you trust the guy?

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You missed about 50 pages of useless drivel. Much like my post.

13. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Those numbers might be correct but my point is that the real sticking point is the guaranteed money. GeigerGeiger even posted on twitter after Bricks deal that he was probably represented by Master P. The Jets could offer 10 years 160 million and not a dollar of it guaranteed and they would laugh at the Jets.

I don't believe anything that either side says publicity. The fact that Geiger posted about the agents for Brick doing a horrible job leads me to believe that the only thing they care about is the guaranteed money.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't buy this for a minute. It is clear the way this story has developed that the Jets are telling the truth and the deal breaker is the total value of the contract.

Revis made it clear in March that he wants 50 cents more than Asamugha and that he didn't care about the economy or anybody else's situation. Revis' agents have called the Jets liars and had been playing the "Jets don't keep their promises" card that they used in the Kendall and Baker negotiations.

Then Hard Knocks exposed these clowns. It was shown that the Jets had offered Revis 1 year, 4 year, and 10 year contracts and that the 10 year deal was worth $120 million. The Jets also made it clear they would not negotiate guaranteed money until the total value of the contract is agreed upon. The next day, the Daily News broke the story that the difference between the two camps was $40 million - $120 million vs $160 million.

Now for your contention that the only thing that matters is the guaranteed money and not the salary. You are just wrong, especially when it comes to Revis. You have to assum that the Jets want Revis to be a Jet long term. Two things can happen with a large signing bonus and a large salary. First, assume that the Jets agree to pay Revis $40 million in guaranteed money as part of a 10 year $160 million contract. In order to keep Revis for the full 10 years, they are going to have to pay that average $16 million salary throughout the ten years or convince Revis to renegotiate and take less (good luck with that). Second, there is nothing to stop Revis from taking the $40 million and 4-5 years from now holding out again for a bigger contract.

15. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Will see what winds up happening. To just say 10 years at 160 million is really making the contract seem simple. If he signs a contract for that long, the contract would be very back loaded and probably restructured around the 6th or 7th season.

I understand your point but we've never heard anything directly from the Jets about 120 or 160 million. Sure his agents didn't deny it, but his agents wanted the black out because they knew hard knocks provided the Jets an easy way to make Revis and his idiots look bad.

The numbers may be accurate but I still think his agents biggest concern is getting 100% guaranteed money.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Either way, it does not look good IMO. I think he is never wearing a Jets uniform again. This has gone on too long and there is no sign of him coming in and signing. If he misses games, the Jets will not want him back, particularly at an expensive price. This hold out has a few days to get resolved or I don't think it ever will.

17. Scottso

Scottso Member

If I had my wish at this point it would work out like this...Revis doesn't play this year and his greedy ass loses about $13 mil that he could've had...Jets have an awesome defense without him.

When he asks for a trade, the Jets tell him to go fuck himself, they own his rights for the next three years...Hey Darrelle u either play under your current contract now you greedy fuck or you don't play cause we own your rights for the next three years...Oh and yeah you haven't played long enough to become a free agent so go fuck yourself you greedy dickhead.

It's the life of a typical Jet fan, when it looks good something gets fucked up. I hope Rex Ryan fucks his mom and Nick Mangold breaks his cock off in his grandmothers ass...

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

really...it doesn't look good eh? how the fuck would you know?! Are you sitting at the negotiation table?

This thread is full of gypsies who all of a sudden can predict the future.

#8858 MBGreen, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is such a calm and well adjusted approach, bravo.

20. Scottso

Scottso Member

No I'm serious...it was well thought out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.