What should the Jets do with Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Aug 28, 2010.

?

What should the Jets do?

1. Hold their ground

51.4%
  2. Trade Revis to the highest bidder

8.2%
  3. Cave and pay him

14.4%
  4. Try to negotiate with him after this season

4.1%
  5. I like Canadian Beer

2.5%
  6. Bury his agents in cement

17.3%
  7. Other

2.1%
  1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You should make this a real poll. Add options such as 1) pull the offer after next week and let him sit at home with his current deal, and 2) reduce the offer. Take away the silly choices such as bury the agents in cement - we all would like that - but it skews the poll and I like beer. It would be interesting to see how many fans are for him or against him.

2. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

I agree/concur with some/not all of what you said. He is more than just pretty/fairly good. His leverage is that he/Revis is the best corner/cornerback out there/in the league. The Jets/New York could trade him to a team like the Lions, and get two/or three first rounders. Then Revis will learn whether it is the money or winning that is most important.

Believe me when I/Angry Teste say that I would love Revis to be here. But the Jets need to think of what is best for the team, and not the individual. We really shouldn't blame Revis, but his agent-and his uncle.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Revis hires his agents and can decide whether to accept their advice and his uncle's advice. The blame still lies with Revis. If he wants to handle this differently, it is his call and his call alone. It is time to stop deflecting the blame from the player onto others.

4. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

I can't believe the idiotic notion that is being spread that it's the Jets fault for offering to make him a Jet for life. This was a great gesture on the part of the Jets. Unfortunately, the greedy slimy group of advisers including that jerk uncle repaid the Jets with trying to bully them into agreeing to a ridiculous contract. Fortunately they picked the wrong organization to do this with. NO-ONE is going to bully Rex, Tanny and our owner into doing something that is not in the best interest of the organization. NEVER trade Mevis. He plays for the Jets or he doesn't play football ever again. I'm ok with that, he needs to be made an example.

5. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Funny guy.

If you don't get the allusion to Curb Your Enthusiasm, then I can't help you, sir/madam.

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Compromise with something close to what they are looking for

7. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

You know, if he holds out for the entire season, he's on the books for more than 3 million dollars.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Steve Yarnell can have that arranged.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Where was the "Harvest his organs for science" option?

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Given that I think Revis is worth a 130x10yrs contract with around 50 mills guaranteed... I think it wouldn't hurt to work the phones and hear if other teams are interested.

I know it's probable we won't get enough compensation for him but what if some team like the Lions goes bonanza over him?

Give me 2 1sts and a 3rd and he's all yours...

11. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's incredibly unlikely a team pays 10/130 + 50 guar on top of losing prime draft picks

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

130x10 is what I think WE should offer as a last resort... making it clear that we won't go over that.

I agree a trade is highly unlikely given the possible contract involved and the compensation but hey, crazier things have happened before in the NFL...

PS For example I think for a team like the 49ers it could make sense to offer a trade like that... talent-wise...

13. jetsandtheunder

THIS IS where I am on this....he always seemed like the type of player that WOULD NOT do this, I have to think he is getting awful advice. I guess if he gets the $$$$ he's looking for it's good advice but that won't happen.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

So 13% of fans want to pay him. I'm not feeling much love for Revis on this board.

15. ........

........ Trolls

You realize the team's current position is 10 years/120 million, yes? So, "Hold their Ground" sure does show Revis an awful lot of love.

16. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I like beer is a staple of the polls on this board.

Mmmm beer.

17. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Yeah i am going to be that guy. Why the fuck do we need another thread about Mevi$ ?? Damn mbgreen you have thoughtful posts (at times zing) but come on such a useless thread.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

What makes you think Revis takes that deal this week after letting it sit on the table for 5 weeks? I can't take anything you say seriously.

19. GreenMachine

I was pro Revis..But now I am leaning towards, bitch you made a shit load of money and signed a contract. Accept the new contract and play ball.

K-Dub is playing well and Crom is playing well.. If you want to be a Diva go somewhere else. If you want to win a ring ...sign on the dotted line or GTFO

20. ........

........ Trolls

Things change as the season more rapidly approaches. If the Jets hold their ground on that total value, the odds are a deal gets done by the start of next week. Like I said, Revis doesn't strike me as stupid enough to sit out the season, and yes, there's a huge difference between sitting out to this point and actually missing Week 1.