The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

lol. it may not be the most informative, but at this point its pretty funny actually.

2. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

"Lets be honest, we need Revis, more than he needs us."

This is not true.

At the end of the day, the Jets will play football with or without Revis. The only thing that makes Revis a multimillionaire is his ability to play football. He can't do that over the next 3 years without the Jets cooperation.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

:smile:Ha, you do have a point there.

4. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

exactly. i can't wait for the Jets to do just fine without him.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

HEY MODS!!! Nice switch. Now there's some quick action!! Gotta leave the part about the whore in there, though, right? HAHAHA!!!

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Yeah, so far our 1s on defense are by far our best group. The depth is what suffers the most here.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

to think that Revis will get "100 percent" cheers is absurd given the ebb and flo of this discussion.

Jet fans in the face of this week's 'Hard Knocks' were teased/expecting somthing was going to get 'done' with Revis. Well, nothing happened....nothin' moved....

I don't know if the guaranteed money is the real problem or the Aso 120M vs. 160M threshold is the problem, but whatever, with a SB-geared team staring him in the face, I don't think Revis will be beyond a boo or two...besides, if nothing else, he's not yet practiced one single day with this 'D' as presently 'Cro' constructed (with Kyle as nickle)..especially with our "non-85-Bear" pass rush in play....

...and I'd love to have (esp. with Pace hurt) a "QB-rush" oriented defense taking advantage of the 'back 7' ...... kill the qb.... troll me all you want but giving manning/brady/etc all the time in the world--even with a zillion DBs'---won't cut it....i've said it before, i'll say it again: take TIME away from the QB. The TRUE all-time great defenses involved the "scare factor" when it involved the opposing quarterback...every time: Bears...Ravens...(Jets?)....

In a perfect world:
    give me a (Revis-included) secondary and a Klecko-led "Sack Exchange" front four and I'd be happy.....ah, imagine the havoc Rex ("5" through "8") could produce with THAT front......

8. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Here is some conjecture:

I'm watching the Jets-Skins game, and Rex looks very sad. On the sidelines, in the halftime interview, guy looks depressed.

Now obviously, Rex wears his heart on his sleeve, and he looks like he just got dumped by his finest bitch. I interpret his fat, sad face to mean that Revis is sitting out for the full season and will never be a Jet again. Poor Rex. Poor portly, John Candy-esque Rexy.

9. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Hey didn't Colindouche say Revis could sign today? Any real news?

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't see what's outrageous about booing Revis when/if he's back. He deserves criticism IMO.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You don't think that had to do with the fact that the Jets' offense played like shit?

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

dunno about that. we are in the same problem as last year, but worse.

last year: Revis CB #1 A+++++++ CB #2 Lito Sheppard: C-

This year so far..: CB #1 Cromartie: B+ CB#2 Kyle Wilson ????????????? C+ ? No fucking clue.

Now Revis and Cro.. dont need to go on, and i've said this 9999999999 times in this thread.

edit: also who gives a fuck is anybody boo's revis. obviously they will, but then he will make an interception week 1, and everybody will freak out.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Huh?

That's way off base. Revis needs the Jets. You act like he's going to walk away from the game right now, which is absurd. He'll play one way or another, and the Jets will do what's right for their business by either paying him or trading him, but he sure as hell needs them to do one or the other.

Revis is being selfish. There's no question of that. He's looking out for his own best interest. Whether you feel it's a problem is up to you. I have no problem with him being selfish insofar as he wants a new contract. I have a big problem with him being selfish insofar as he wants enough money that it could damage the team.

14. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

no, because the running game was going good as he said. seems like it was something more important.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Revis and the Jets need each other. Revis needs the Jets for a job, and we need him to win a superbowl THIS YEAR.

Down the road a few years when Sanchez matures we wont need Revis.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

the running game is nice, but it means jack shit. He is more concerned about this little kid throwing the ball. He already knew the runningbacks were going to run wild.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

What is with the Revis love? What has he done to help the Jets win or make the team better since January??? What has he done to deserve your over the top worship???

The huge majority of players who want new contracts come to camp and play and get them - Mangold.

And your statement that Revis is worth 14 less points a game to the defense is absurd.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Revis needs to understand that even if the Jets were dumb enough to pay him $16 million / year then they'd be unable to sign other key players and put together a great team that can win.

He'll have his base salary, but will eventually lose out on endorsement deals, and other perks that come with playing on a winning football team. Forget the Super Bowl ring, doesn't matter whether or not that's important to him, but great players on great teams fare far better financially than great players on shitty teams.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I sit in Section 340 and you will hear me and many others boooooo him if he is back week one. And if I were closer to the field, I wouldn't throw garbage at him, but I would shower him with fake money just to prove a point.

If you can't see how this hold out has hurt this team on so many levels - from not having him in camp, to being a huge distraction, to causing the coaching staff to work twice as hard to get ready for the season in planning to have him and not to have him, to creating divisivness in the locker room with those players (everybody else on the team) working their asses off in the heat twice a day towards a common goal while he turns down obscene amounts of money just to prove a point (pay me more than Asamugha), to having any eventual contract he signs drive up ticket prices even more etc. What is the benefit to you - the Jets fan - of Revis' behavior and hold out??????

We all want him on the field, but how do his actions deserve our adulation and a standing ovation from the fans???? He deserves boos and for the fans to treat him like he has treated us and the team, with disdain and disinterest. When he is introduced, we should all turn our backs on him and booo him or greet him with total silence. I will never ever view him the same way as I did before this holdout. I have lost all respect for him as a person and a player. And I know I am not alone.

20. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

IF he signs this week, and gives a press conference explaining that he's ready to play football yada yada, and expresses his apologies to the team and us fans about skipping out this long because it was in his best interest and his family's, and then starts week 1 and has the type of season he did last year, youre telling me you would still have no respect for the guy off, but especially on the field?? Football is a business and it's this man's job. If he gets hurt this year, he wont be making much money at all according to sports standards. Its like us 9-5 people backed by unions. If we go on strikes because the unions are in negotiation, are we the assholes and will everyone lose respect for us? We do so because we want more money. It's hard for me to lose my advocacy and support for the Jets to pay Revis. Its obviously when you watch Hard knocks and hear the Jets staff and players talk about him, they WANT him there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.