The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Somebody should rename this thread and call it "Denny's"......because it's the same shit being served every day, 24 hours a day.

2. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

[​IMG]

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Man, my buddy and I had the same Revis jersey on and we were getting heckled like crazy. Yeah, I know, Revis hasn't signed. Let me fuckn' live.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

But Revis Hasn't signed. lol

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Close eyes and pray...........Please god please make this thread go away....

Open eyes..........Aw fuck still here.............

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? 65 million guaranteed is way too much. We'd be in cap hell by the 6th year.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Well, if he's back on Twitter, at least we know he's not dead.

8. Montana

Montana Member

Aso is in year two of a three year deal, but year three is expected to pay his so much most experts are in agreement that the Raiders are most likely going to either (a) sign him to a new long term deal before next year, or (b) cut him outright.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

55/153.(Numbers were floated in some report earlier in the week...)

35 Mil SB, Reinstitute his guarantees in 2011,2012. 55M Guaranteed.

Salaries of 1,10,10,10,11,12,15,15,17,17

You can make his cap number roughly 12.5 for the first 4 years.
    Then its 13.6,14.6(2015)

In 2016 the contract reaches the tipping point, where it's cheaper to cut him than keep him.

The 55 Guaranteed far surpasses the Aso deal over three years.(you had already committed to 20...the 35 M SB on the 7 year extension is not that big a deal)

Depending on how much of his SB you've been able to bring forward in previous years, you are talking about 10 mil in dead money assuming only 10 mil in the first year has been been brought forward.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They won't give him 65 guaranteed...not even close so he may just as well retire..they MIGHT give him 35 but maybe not even that.

#8530 Don, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

If we win a title between now and the 6th year, who gives a fuck.

OT: Please change your avatar...Clemens sucks ass

12. Don

Who? For starters the other 52 members of the team who will decide they are sitting out too with 3 years left..what the fuck, look where it got him. I'll do the same thing...and that's just for starters. At this point I am starting to hope they don't give him another dime. They can do him a huge favor and re-guarantee the next two years which he gave up for this shit.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The 49ers were a Super Bowl dynasty before Deion arrived. They ran into no fewer than three other repeat Super Bowl winners in a 5 year span in the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys and so they had a dry spell. Note that Deion didn't help any of those teams beat the 49ers in that 5 year span. Then he came over to SF and they won a Super Bowl and he left for Dallas and Dallas 3-peated. That doesn't make Deion the reason these teams were good, they were obviously good, being multiple Super Bowl winners before his arrival.

Deion may be as close as you can come to a franchise corner and all he did was to help two teams that had already won multiple Super Bowls then win a third. He was unable to carry the magic further though and despite a good overall talent base Dallas could not make it back to the Super Bowl in the 4 additional years they had him after 1995.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yea at this point I just dont give a fuck. All I want is one Super Bowl. Even if it means cap hell for a couple of years.

15. Don

^^Sanders was also much more than just a CB. He was a great returner and even played offense on ocasion.

16. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

too bad you're not going to get it with a shitty qb at the helm; let alone a defensive stud cb.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wasn't sure exactly what you were looking for in your post from last night.

The 49ers went from 10-6 to 13-3 after they added Deion Sanders. True, they had been in five of the previous six NFC title games. That said, they did improve when they added Sanders that one year. It can be argued that Sanders put them over the top.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That 49er team was also 14-2 the previous year. Deion helped w/o a doubt but I think he gets a little too much credit. I think Steve Young actually playing like a big time QB in big games in January is why they took that next step.

19. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Was last night's game indicative of the fact we NEED revis for our defense to be dominant?!?...keep in mind REX GROSSMAN not mcnabb was throwing passes to joey galloway..he's only 65 years old!...against better quarterbacks and better receivers, without revis, we're screwed....pay the man!!! 65 mil guaranteed...he's worth every penny!

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You are confused as to which one was confused in our arguments.

I was definitely confised in thios thread b/c you actually made some good points which is pretty rare- of course after I had posted basically the same thing.

That's what we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.