The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

He played wide receiver in high school..why not give it a shot? Deon took a crack at it in Dallas.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

120 over 10 is more than fair. Owners pay ridiculous money for pass rushers. What does Revis do? He takes out a number 1 wr, and allows another player on the field to just blitz. In essence he helps create the pass rush. he is worth the $$$$$$$$$$

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

oh no, the sky is falling, the starting qb look shaky in an exhibition game and two backups fumbled the ball late in the game

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

65 on a ten year contract isn't totally insane, but if it's 65 AND 160 on the headline number that's rediculous.

Beyond rediculous...it's undoable. In the NFL, where it matters what you pay.This is not the fucking Yankees.

What's Manning worth then? Because he's worth a shitload more than a DB. ANY DB.

20 per?
    25?

5. Kenny

Kenny New Member

I think your a good poster for what I read in here, but to say the jets defense was lioghts out tonight is over doing it. When the starting Qb doesn't play you expect to dominate out there. What I saw was a lot of open wr's out there tonight that when teams are at full strength are not going to miss. Joey Galloway got behind Cromartie and Grossman threw a bad pass. Santana Moss had a 40 yard pass on Cromartie and he simply dropped the ball. Washington without Mcnabb doesn't have a lot going on offensively.. Steve Smith out the week before and the giants had a number of guys on offense out..

We haven't got a good look yet against a team with a fully squad.

6. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

as i recall in the first episode on hardknocks, they had a phone call between tanny and his agent regarding revis wanting to retire a jet.

i like where this threads going. write him a contract for what he wants over 10 years is obviously what the agent was hinting at. is that retarded? probably, no db is worth that kind of commitment..but we're talking revis.

if he gets it and doesnt get us a ring, crucify him.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes, but prove that he's worth that kind of cap space. Point to the teams who have not been Super Bowl winners without a shutdown corner and then suddenly morphed into them when they added that player.

I can't find those guys anywhere in NFL history. They don't exist.

I can find a bunch of quarterbacks who were the key to a franchise winning but no franchise cornerbacks. Franchise cornerback doesn't exist.

The Jets need to determine whether or not Revis is willing to play at a supportable level, and if he's not they need to find a way to get value and move on at this point. What are the cap levels that teams that have won Super Bowls or been consistent contenders have been able to support at cornerback? That's what they need to figure out and act on.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

no i didnt mean our defense played lights out tonight. we got picked apart by a 2nd and 3rd string qb. also redskins had like 3-4 drops.

i was saying if we have revis then

9. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

no i think the 65 with 122 gets it done and is reasonable for a guy who shuts down half the field. 65 with 160 is unimaginable and i dont think Woody should pay that ever

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

120 for 10 years is okay with me. of course the entire thing will not be guaranteed. revis making 16 a year is what is not cool.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What about Deion Sanders? The 49ers of course won Super Bowls after the '88 and '89 seasons, but then did not win any from 1990-93. Sanders was added in '94 and the team won the Super Bowl.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This thread is like Groundhog Day. I read it and I feel like I am living the same day over and over as the same people repeat the same arguments and ask the same questions.

If Revis does not sign by the middle of the week, he will sit out all season and his career will be in the crapper because the Jets are not upping their offer. That much is clear.

13. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Couldnt have said it better myself

14. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

I'm just tired of the silent treatment. I wanna hear something from the guy...Let me know your alive and ready to play if the contract does come..

The silent treatment is without questions one of the strongest forces on earth and this 25+ day one is making me nutty lol

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Was Kyle Wilson playin some nickel tonight ?

16. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Right but it's the 160 (or 16 per number) that's the holdup in the whole damn thing.

Revis' camp will not budge off the "I need to be able to tweet to whores that I make the most money." Which fuckin cracks me up after listening to Mangold, who basically said "I'm the highest paid, that's nice that they did that. I'm sure they'll be some hotshot next year that will be the highest paid, so it wasn't that important."

If he was willing to be the second highest DB this would've been done already, probably with a shitload of guarunteed money.

"Outside of one transaction, he's the highest paid guy." - Mike T.

Even if they caved and he became "the highest paid" I gauruntee by year three he wouldn't hold the title anymore, but for the moment that's all he (or his blood-sucking subhuman agents) give a shit about.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (Revis Tweets w/Whore)

It seemed to me that he was. Dwight also looked to be playing more at the opposite corner, a sign that Revis is coming back.

Maybe just hope, but that's how we saw it from where we were. Was it discussed at all on tv?

18. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

If i remember correctly Aso is in the last year of his deal, and i dont think al davis will give him the same size contract nor will any other team. So basically revis will be the highest paid CB starting next year...assuming he signs the 10/120

19. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

160 is holding it up bc Tanny hasnt offered 65 guaranteed. if he just comes out and says "final offer before start of season is 65 guaranteed with 122 over 10 i bet he would be there tomorrow

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Nope. They didn't say anything on tv .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.