The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

We need to sign Revis already. Woody Johnson is a multi-billionaire and can just say yes. Revis not only brings his elite skills to the field but also elevates the entire team with his presence. There are so many intangibles to having Revis on the team that cannot be measured. We're not seeing Cromartie jam receivers at the line of scrimmage and playing nearly as physical as Revis does. He really does cut the field in half.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Anybody see Woody Johnson in the press box during the game? I'm starting to not like this guy. He needs to shut the fuck up, and sign checks. This baby oil homo is trying to get his face everywhere, and pretend he knows about football.

3. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

How is it freakin possible that i like jason taylor more than i like revis right now?

4. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

i agree. too much woody this year. We dont want our version of Al Davis or Jerry Jones... sign some checks and shut the fuck up..It makes it worse knowing he wanted all the fans money for PSL's but dole out when the fans need him too. Im not syaing hes cheap, he just needs to pull the trigger and give in on this one

5. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

What exactly did he do to piss you off? He has signed half of the core four. Revis is on his way hopefully soon. Hes got the Jets in a good position right now.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Seriously, it's unreal.

7. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Cromartie=/=Revis, he's not as physical, but he is a ballhawk. He'll rack up more INT's then Revis IMO.

Also, if you were GM or owner of the Jets' you'd be cap fucking them, good job.

Woody never had anything to do with Johnson and Johnson apart from his father working there when he was a kid. As far as I'm concerned, Woody is a great owner, Would you rather have James Dolan or Fred Wilpon?

Exactly, Count your lucky stars that this guy gives a shit about his team.

8. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

with this new stadium Woody has been a salesman...and truthfully im tired of seeing him sit on Tv with a shit eating grin on his face knowing all Jets fans are pissed Revis isnt there

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Again, a 16m/per year deal over 10 years is going to cap fuck the Jets when the salary cap makes it's comeback.

10. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Understood but does anyone else believe that if he gets alot guarenteed then 120 over 10 is do-able

11. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

The problem is Revis doesn't want 120 with alot guaranteed. He wants 160 with alot guaranteed.

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Agreed that Woody is putting his face out there too much, but you gotta love that green tie every time.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I dont give a shit about baby oil. I know he didnt have shit to do with it.

I just dont like how he presents himself on TV. I'm more than allowed to take shots at Woody.

14. kmoney

kmoney New Member

Unless Revis can play offense...we're screwed

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

define "a lot."

50?
    60?
    70?

16. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

i dunno man i think hell take 122...Jets havent made a guaranteed offer yet and thats what changes the game..65 guaranteed i think he will snap at

17. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

65 guaranteed gets him on the field imo

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no good reason to give a cornerback $120 million over 10 years. There's no evidence that any player except quarterbacks are worth that amount in terms of actual ability to promote wins.

Point to the huge contracts for defensive players that have been followed up by long win streaks. Ray Lewis is as close as you come to a dominant player on that side of the field who subsequently signed a huge contract and his team hasn't been back to the show since.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, maybe Drew Brees and Ben Roethlisberger, who else has been worth a huge contract over the last decade in terms of actual trips to the Super Bowl?

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

our defense playing lights out, and giving cromartie/wilson safety help will increase turnovers with revis on the field. oh yeah itll take so much pressure off mark sanchez. we need this bastard.

20. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Looked but didn't find him. Watch for him next week in Philly. RT @Dumps957: @DanGrazianoAOL More importantly, where is Darrelle?

I swear if he doesn't sign this guy should be hung.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.