The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Revis is all-in. He's not coming back without a contract.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

sport?....let's get something straight, chum....your post came off like it was written by a bandwagon fan....not a diehard. I'm sorry if you don't get that.....that's not my problem. It is what it is.

And if you're gonna spout off like a bandwagon fan, then you'll be treated like one here.

If you want to put your fruit of the looms up on pedastal....that's fine....how that affects the Jets' roster...is beyond me.

The Jets told Revis they wanted to make him the highest paid CB in the league.....so unless he's getting his .50 cents more than Aso's contract.....then obviously the Jets haven't met that criteria yet. You can blame Al Davis for that.

O Rly.....well, if Matt Birk was getting 16 million a year this year....you don't think Mangold would look at that with the stink eye and hold out? There was nobody fucking up the market (like Aso) for Mangold....so that's a weak comparison.

Like i said...the ridiculous demands stem from Al Davis's skewed view of value....everybody knows Aso isn't worth that kind of money.....but guess what!! He still got the contract didn't he......and Revis was TOLD that he was going to be compensated as the highest paid CB in the league. Do the math.

these are your personal opinions.....they hold no bearing on what will happen or what HAS happened behind closed doors.

BTW, Wilson moving to nickel WON'T hinder his progress.....any diehard fan would know that though, right? :rolleyes:

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah that's what I mean, he needs to sign I see him waiting for the best he can get. Sooner or later he has to realize that the Jets are offering (this much) and aren't budging off that number and just take the deal.

All signs point to a lockout in 2011, if he has that fire for competition like we all know he has he'll come around eventually.

At least that's my take on it this hour.

4. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

Blah blah blah.

No one should be complaining that he's not finishing out his initial contract. The Jets themselves approached him and said his contract should be redone. I'm really not sure why that tired point continues to be debated.

Perfectly legitimate to complain that he's not here with such a generous offer on the table. Even more legitimate to complain that he by all accounts refused that offer without even discussing details.

This "he should be playing out his contract" nonsense hasn't been relevant since January.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah we all know you a 1st class homer so no need to console U

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Exactly!....I wish we could put this to bed already.

7. DRex

DRex Member

revis tweeted some chick saying "follow back", she tweeted "someone's getting paid today" "let me see hold ya check"

just passing it along gents

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

This makes me wonder...

Let's say he does hold out this year, there is no lockout, and the salary-cap reamins roughly the same (adjusting for the usual year-over year increase). For the moment ignore the "well depends on if we win the Lombardi or go 8-8" argument...

Does the offer from the Jets really change that much from what it is now?

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the bolded part was already removed from her twitter account.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Alright! Now I have one old man calling me a homer and the other calling me anti-Jets. I'm in a crusty crossfire!

11. Stanesq

Stanesq New Member

Revis

He isnt the only one who reported on Revis signing Wed-Sat.

This guy Reno over at OSB (where I often hang out) has been a good NFL source and said he got it from someone at Pitt. Who knows maybe same source at the Dallas guy.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just making him aware of the what goes on around here between the realists & the homers & he should prepare himself to be peppered by the homers when he post posts that the homers dislike

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Wait, what?!? They said he was the best CB in the league, and he was, for 1 year, and they said they wanted to give him a new contract. When the F did they say this?

(and again, nice rack)

14. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

yea Revis said he wanted to be highest paid. Jets said they wanted to give hima new deal. Nothing about top paid. Im sure Tanny knew Aso's contract was well overstated and didnt wanna offer highest dollar. If that were true he woulda been signed already and paid

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

At what point do the Jets say fuck it we will revisit it the next year we play football. I don't believe they will let it consume them once the season starts.

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I don't think I heard that. You're definitely juggling Revis' balls, but I didn't get the rest.

Edit: But have a good time making fun of old people when your argument sucks.

17. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

FYP.
    I made it wackier, so you needn't feel so bad.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

wait what?

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Did they say they wanted to make him the highest paid CB in the league on a yearly basis or on a total value of contract basis? You don't know, do you? And please don't give me eye strain with your answer. Actually, I don't think they ever said that at all. They said we think you are the best CB in the league and we want to give you a raise..period. The rest has all been made up.

#8219 Don, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

LET ME SUMMARIZE THIS THREAD IN VIDEO FORM

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIzivCJ9pzU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.