The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Wait. You're giving a sacrastic response to someone's sarcastic response about another poster's serious post?

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You're smarter than this.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We should also blame Mike Bloomberg for declaring Manhattan "Revis Island" during that Times Square rally.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I was actually thinking the same thing. That's why this board is so wonderful.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Byz, you are usually spot on when it comes to Jets stuff, in between your threads about how big your dick is, but I have to shoot you down on this one.

Rex is being Rex and he isn't a contract negotiator. That being said, Rex gushed about a lot of players this year, but Revis was the only one to hold out. Praise was heaped on a lot of players this year and no one else made a stink, outside of Mangold's "unhappy position" about his contract.

If someone else under contract does an outstanding job this year, do you think that player will hold out next year if they are under a long term contract? I really believe the holdout has more to do with the douchebaggery of Revis' agents and his Uncle rather than being *this close* to DPOY or Rex's praise.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

at least you didn't call him "Mevis".

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You can say that, but we don't know it and never will, because Woody got emotional in the locker room. I think you're probably closer to being correct about what Revis may have done, but things would have gone a whole lot differently this offseason if the Jets hadn't offered to rip up his contract before he even got his pads off.

Rex learned how to hold his tongue this offseason because of Revis, he already admitted it in a presser. Tell me - how often do you see a coach, any coach, go off about one of his own players as much as Rex did for Revis? I can't remember too many.

And again, I'm not trying to blame Rex for the situation, just showing that it's not all Heroes-vs-Villains as people are trying to put it because they are fans of the team before fans of the player. There's some monumental homerism going on in the Revis discussion.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Wait... I'm disagreeing with Byz and agreeing with TG? Revis is melting our brains. At least it's Friday?

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Nice rack.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. I blame Tannenbaum.

After getting to the AFCCG, he goes out and adds another stud WR, another Top Flight Corner, and then gets the best corner in the draft, and adds Tomlinson to give you the hands out of the backfield we didn't have last year, clearly trying to correct the flaws that killed us in Indy.

Once all those pieces were put in place, he put Mevi$ in a position to essentially attempt to take the Season and all that offseason work hostage.

/sarcasm

So...every time a coach lauds a player (when it's already in the teams plans to jack up his $$$$$) that gives the player the impetus to go berzerk?

I just can't buy that.

#8150 Hobbes3259, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Must have missed it.

"Sarcasm, Sarcasm! Where are ya buddy...."

12. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

Everybody keeps saying that Revis has the upperhand in these negotiations. I don't get this as he is under contract for three years more years. If he doesn't show, then he will be sitting on his couch for 3 of his prime years! When he does become a free agent, there is no way he'd get the kind of money that the Jets have offered him already.

13. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Dude, seriously? At some point you tell a player that has held out 2 out of 3 training camps to go F themselves. The asshat had a great year, a really great year, and people aren't allowed to pat him on the back? Is that really your argument?

14. abyzmul

I also never said he was a contract negotiator. What he is is the boss of Revis and the guy that gives the final evaluation of his talent on the team. 'Rex being Rex' is nice, but I remember people wondering if a lot of his pressers could be a detriment of some form or another and right here, right now we know that part of that is true.

I believe that the holdout is a culmination of many things, not just the one-sided reasons you just gave me at the end of that post. Of course they are factors, but to say that the Jets are not at fault of any of this is not realistic.

15. abyzmul

And you're more reasonable than this.

16. abyzmul

No, it's actually not my argument. Maybe you should read it again.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You've got to be kidding me...

you REALLY think Camp Revis wouldn't be right here right now no matter what Rex said..

As if it was some huge secret that Rex let out that Revis was a top CB?????

I have news for ya - Rex is NEVER going to stop praising his players - that's the way he motivates and coaches those players to be even better.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

6 year contract. 2 out of 3 years he's held out. 3 years left on the contract he held out for. NONE of this is on the Jets, period. There was a time I wished it was his agents, but I was naive. To blame Rex, or anyone other than Revis, is uber naive.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Maybe you should write it again, seems everyone read it the same way as me.

20. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I blame Obama for this, and I'm not turning Fox news off until they explain to me why I'm right about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.