The Madden 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Same happened to me.

Went 13-3. 2 loses to Miami, one to Pittsburgh.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Haha, I went 13-3 also. Lost first week to Baltimore (I won the first 3 times, but I kept forgetting there was no autosave). Lost the other 2 to Miami.

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

I seriously cannot play anybody in this game.

It doesn't play to my strengths at all. I used to be able to control the ball in Madden 10 and now it's all big plays. I can't play defense. And I have a lot of issues running the ball. I get really anxious cause I'm more of a passer. I need to like calm down and collect my shit and just keep running no matter what.

I have serious issues on D with tackling. I'm not using the hit stick at all now except on KR's. I've noticed since doing that I've done a little better on D. I need to find a good team too. Tried the Packers last night, they were pretty dope. I am going to just sit down this weekend and run mad games with the Jets and get my shit together, cause honestly this is annoying me so much.

I went from having a record on M10 of like.. 130-20 to not being able to beat any of my friends. It's insane.

4. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

thus far i'm halfway through season 1 in franchise mode. the division is a tight race.

pats 7-1
    fins 6-2
    jets 6-2

Marshall already has 70 catches, 1300 yards by the middle of the season

5. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I know what you mean on defense! I usually control the right defensive end and can get a good pass rush and limit the run game, but this is not working on this year's game!

I have started using the middle linebacker and that has helped me somewhat because I use the "strafe" button to roam back and forth.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Thanks!

Madden Filler

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I played someone before who was the Vikings. Ended up winning 24-21. Revis INT to seal it. Ground and pounded the shit out of him and controlled the clock. Stuck to my game plan. Don't think I threw a pass that went more than 15 yards in the air. Played Jets football and won a tight game. Gotta stay composed and do that all the time.

And what the fuck? I haven't played someone online who's not a friend that has used someone other than the Vikings.

8. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

I literally feel the exact same way, it feels like with any fast running back you can run in circles until all the defenders get picked up and im struggling to combat that. I get destroyed on any run to the outside and i cant get off blocks either.

9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I've found my only shot on defense is to play nickel the entire time and blitz an extra corner that I control every play and hope to either hit the RB in the backfield or get to the QB and force a bad pass. Mixed results at best, but better than if I do anything else.

10. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Crossing routes are killing me online

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

That's all it is. That's usually the type of game I played, crosses, slants, screens. Play it safe. Especially with Sanchez.

12. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Hopefully they fix the defensive issues with the patch. I can score on pretty much every drive when I play online. And so can my opponent. If they brought back the vision cone as an optional feature in offline, and mandatory in online, we wouldn't be seeing a touchdown pass on every drive. Bring back the vision cone!!!

13. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Greene is tank in this game. I'm consistantly breaking tackles and rushing for well over 100 every game.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Against offenses with a lot of weapons, it's really tough to stop them, even with the Jets. Percy Harvin was just unstoppable in a game I played. 2 KR TDs on the first two kickoffs of the game, and he had 6 catches for like 240 yards and 2 TDs. But that's all he could get on me, and I won 49-42.

You gotta put up with a lot of BS online, but I've had a good time of it, 17-12 so far. Running the ball, for the most part, is easy if you have a good back. Jets fit that category as Greene is a beast and McKnight is a great change of pace back. LT is okay, and I use him on 3rd downs and a few other plays, but I mostly just use Greene. When I don't run the ball, I sometimes have trouble on offense, but against teams who blitz a lot, I've been good at finding the open guy for the most part, but if people sit back, I can run into trouble.

Jets are a ton of fun to play with.

#274 Jetfanmack, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  15. Rascio

Rascio New Member

I played some kid yesterday who used the eagles and subbed in Vick. All he did was snap the ball, scramble like a mad man out of the pocket and if I ran a QB sneak or Cover 2 with press coverage, he throw it to 1 of his options. If I covered his recievers he would just scramble and pick up a big chunk of yardage. Some people are so frustrating to play online. And the worst is when they're little immature kids and scream into the mic and talk shit.

You have it for PS3 or Xbox?

16. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

I am playing a 4 team franchise where I play one team a week.

Jets (afc east)
    Falcons (nfc south)
    Browns (afc north)
    Rams (nfc west)

I just finished the first season with the Rams playing the Falcons in the AFC championship game and the Jets playing the Bengals. Jets just beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

If you trade Mechium from the Saints to the Rams he becomes a super beast. I set a single game receiving record with him SIMMED! 547 yards and 6 TDs.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Last year, I would use Vick when I was on the right side of the field and McNabb on the left side of the field, so I could roll out either quarterback. It's really tough to stop.

18. Tight

Tight Active Member

Wait ? What ? what formation is that

19. 624

624 Banned

He didn't have them both on the field at the same time if that's what you're thinking. Just switched between them depending on the spot of the ball I believe.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that's the game's issue, not the player's. the point of playing video games is to play it to discover what works and then utilize that to beat the game or an opponent, not simply restrain yourself for some ridiculous concept of replicating the accuracy of real football. it isn't real football, it is a video game.

I find it amusing when people complain about these things. what the game allows you to do is what the game actually is. this is the type of football that Madden is.