The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

*Sigh*

No offense, but it seems like you're just not going to get it. It's just not a realistic stance. I'll leave it alone now.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They must be friends. Miami wouldn't have enough if they gave up their entire team and picks for the next 3 years.

3. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

I don't even know what this thread is about anymore.. Why is coles and loose stool being discussed? Where the fuck have I been?

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Revis is not going to ever wear a Jets uniform again. The Jets have not and will not raise their offer of 10 years/$120 million and if Revis doesn't come to camp by Monday he is of little use to them this season and is not worth $12 million for this year. His agents can't accept that deal without looking like idiots. Stalemate. Revis is holding out all year and has proven that he nothing but a selfish moron. How can anyone turn down that deal. He is flushing his career down the toilet. I say let him sit out this year and trade him to some NFC trash team next offseason for picks, like St. Louis or Arizona or Detroit.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It's not.

Mostly because Mevi$ has no choice, in the end except to play.

My larger point is that these two scumbags are building up enough enmity among GM's that they might start helping each other to spite the agents.

Call the trade scenario 'the perfect storm scenario'

it's more to make the point that these two are going to make enough enemies that that
    sort of thing just might happen to one or two of their clients.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Mevi$ has only two choices.

Play (for the Jets)..or Retire.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Sorry but a solid shit is too much to give up.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well someone, I won't mention Hobbes name, said that we could trade Coles for Q. Jammer. I simply said that Tannenbaum couldn't trade him for a loose stool...... easy killer.

9. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

Really? If he sits out a season and they feel there's no chance he'll sign after, they won't trade him for picks? The Jets are really better off being egotistical and making him sit and we get nothing in return? Sounds like really poor asset management to me.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Take Chris Houston and first/second round pick. They do have Spivey, that seems to be popular around here. lol

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree but at what point to you stop letting these douchebag agents push you around?

12. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

JoeWillie, that is taking it too far. He will be in a JET uniform this year. Relax.

13. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

We have roughly 18 days till our first game. Revis will be there starting locking down Boldin en route to our first win.

14. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

This Mevi$ crap is really getting old. Holdouts are pretty regular in the NFL and are pretty understandable from a players point of view, when you can be cut in the blink of an eye and not see any money. Fact is that no one knows what the terms were inside the 10yr $120mil offer, so how can anyone judge it? We got lucky that D'Brick took his deal when theres pretty much no gauranteed money in it, you can't expect to get two players to take deals like that, especially on a 10 year deal. And no one here can say if that was or was not the case with the gauranteed money.

For all we know, they could come to a deal tomorrow, and all the "Mevi$" people will stop whining and will be rejoicing. Or he can be planning on ending his holdout and coming to play before the season starts, without a new deal, just like a lot of other holdouts have and will end. Pretty stupid to call the guy out when we know nothing of outside of 2 numbers in a contract that is obviously a whole lot more than 2 numbers, especially after Revis saw firsthand what can happen in situations like Leon's less than a year ago.

15. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

If Revis really isn't going to show up, you move him to a shit team for nothing less than 2 1st rounders and a 2nd. If we can't get something of that caliber, you let him sit out until next year then try again.

I'm still not taking sides in this thing because I love our FO and I love Revis.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If he gets that ridiculous deal and we end up losing out on keeping some other players that MEvi$ crap will stick.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

The Jets won't negotiate anything more than total compensation until that is agreed on. They are flexible on guarantees/bonuses. This has been said 4877 times in this thread. The Jets are willing to offer $12 million/year and team Revis wants $16 million/year. No one knows the terms because their are none.

18. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

Seems like they're just doing their job to me. This is just the negative side of a league where contracts are not gauranteed. You don't really see anyone whining when a guy like Thomas Jones gets cut right before his contract is about to go up to $6 mil or whatever it was.

Whether they swallowed their ego and traded him, or forced him to sit for years/retire (obv if it came to that point, which is highly unlikely), you're still going to see holdouts in the future, and Schwartz and Co. will still have players hold out. If anything, the Jets front office will be seen negatively by players as that org. that doesn't take care of their players, whether it is fair or not.

19. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

Flexible is a pretty loosely defined word, but fair enough.

And I'm not advocating Revis' side at all, but you have to at least see the reasons as to why he is doing what he is imo. There's no point in holding out if you're just going to cave right away, just seems like relatively normal negotiating to me, just in a very inopportune time. Coming out with some ridiculous demands, and agreeing eventually at some middle ground is pretty standard.

#7979 nyy486, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  20. WhiteShoeWillis

Their job is to get the most money they can, but they consistently hold out and run a very cold negotiation and have yet to show much wiggle room. The Jets take care of their players all the time for reasonable prices that fall in line with market value. Look at what they're asking dude. They want 60% more than the next highest long term cornerback contract. It's out of this world.

Every team in the league would have cut Thomas Jones for $6 million this year.

The point is that that part hasn't even been discussed because team revis is demanding a ridiculous total compensation price.

Of course this is part of negotiating but it should be a last resort when you can't get a fair deal, not your first reaction to try and get a ridiculous out of this planet deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.