The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex has already said that if he showed up the day before our first game he'd be starting that week, so I don't know where all this speculation is coming from.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If Revis decides to hold out for the rest of the season, it'll be fun watching his career go up in flames. It'll suck not having as elite a defense, but watching him and his agents burn would be fun.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Speculation really doesn't need a valid source.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It doesn't matter what he is doing. He isn't playing football and if they put him in and he pulls a groin the media will have a field day saying they rushed him back because they refused to deal with him over the last month. You know that. I know you do.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How much money did Revis ALREADY cash in?

2007: 4.7 mill signing bonus + 0.3 roster bonus + 0.3 mill salary

2008: 0.4 mill salary + 2.2 roster bonus + 2.4 option bonus

2009: 0.5 mill salary + 5.7 roster bonus

for a total of 16.5 mill in 3 years... that sounds like a hell of a contract for the 14th selection of the 2007 draft.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

That's true but we've already heard directly from the horses mouth. He will start if he's here, regardless of when he shows up. Other opinions and speculation is nice, but I'm going with the guy who makes the decision.

7. hazmat

hazmat New Member

It was much larger then the 14th pick would normally get. It was a trade off, the Jets wanted the 6th year so his agent wanted more money.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pretty Much.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Not when a guy like Gholston is making a lot more.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

He was comparing it to the players drafted around Revis.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

WSW I am pretty sure if you read Tommy's post again it was sarcastic and agreed with what you said prior, like a double negative..........

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure that Gilbert deserves his fair share for the giant dollar signs in his nephew's head, but F&N got the broomstick up the ass treatment from Tannenbaum twice, once with Kendall and once with Baker. This is their chance to get back at him.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

injuries happen, Don....but you're suggesting that because he hasn't reported to the team by a specific time, he shouldn't play in week 1....and you're using the "oh, he might get injured" excuse. C'mon man.

if he's in shape (my assumption is that he will be)....he's gonna play. Rex has already stated that he would anyway....so this is a moot argument.

14. Don

He back tracked on that the next day in his news conference. He said "I know i said that but that's not the case".

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Jabustus Russell made even more for that reason... the point is the first contract you sign in the NFL is weighed upon where you're drafted, not based on how well you do in your first years in the NFL.

Revis has 1 year on his contract where he earns less than 5 mill and it's 2010. Tanny probably did it because of cap reasons... If every player on the Jets starts sitting out on the year they have less income, and forget about when they got paid a lot more then they where worth, then this team will go nowhere.

The Jets where even gratious enoguh to say "You know what Revis, you've outplayed your contract so we'll give you a new one" and Revis took it as a "ask for whatever you want and we'll give it to you".

That's bullshit... and what pisses me off more is that even a retard like Chris Jhonson found a way to be in camp on time (with a much more underpaying contract in a much more risky position for injury)... while Revis is being a little baby about it.

Love Revis as a player, love Revis as a team-mate but god he sucks at handling the business side of things)...

16. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Is it possible that F&N lied about Kendall and Baker? I can't imagine Mike T told them he would take care of both them. Has any other agent came out and complained about Mike T lying about things like that? I think his agents will do anything to get a new contract, lie to the media, hold out players, you name it. Mike T was prepared for this, Revis is not a qb and will not be paid like one.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Some guy on twitter said that a source told him Revis was at camp today. Then, on his next tweet he said the same source said that the Bengals are prepared to release Antonio Bryant LOLOL

18. Don

No, I am just saying that half of this entire mess is publicity driven. As I said to WSW Rex backed off that statement the next day and I would guess Tannenbaum or Johnson or both told him to. The mere thought that he wasn't given enough time to get ready would be a major problem if he gets a conditioning type injury.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

20. WhiteShoeWillis

I missed that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.