The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

There's a ton of dissension in the Jets locker room over the Darrelle Revis holdout. Some players think that the Jets should pay him what he wants, some think he should take a paycut. Also, veteran leaders believe that Brett Favre should've been brought in to play corner, and the Jets failure to pursue him in the offseason represents a major breach of trust. All signs point to an 8-8 season in 2010.

For ESPN New York, I'm Rich Cimini.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Is Rich Cimini even a Jets fan? I mean its obvious he wants them to do bad so he can write more articles of critizion

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Revis won't come back until all the pretzel m&m's are gone. I heard this from a friend, who got an email from a friend of an agents friend who knew Woody's parent's cousin on twitter. Eat up Rexy!!!

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Can we at least agree that that jetsmets character was full of shit and obviously trolling?

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Absolutely.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If nothing happens Saturday. Worry

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah. I thought he had to be in this week to be ready for week 1. If he isn't in Saturday he may not be in for quite awhile.

8. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Does anyone actually care to discuss the potential contract?

GeigerGeiger posted on twitter after Dbrick got his new deal that he was probably represented by master P.

So my assumption from that is that Revis and his band of idiots are essentially looking for up front guaranteed money more then anything else. Because of the uncapped year rules, the only way to fully guarantee a players money at this moment is through a signing bonus.

Even if the Jets give him $60 million in salary over the next 3 seasons that money can only be guaranteed for skill or injury, not both.

My guess is that his people want the upfront money, and that the Jets are not willing to give up front money because he has 3 years remaining on his contract and with the possiblity of a lockout looming.

Mangold and Brick both took contracts with the majority of the money not being 100% guaranteed. When the 2011 season starts both of these guys will be very rich, but until then they will have to wait.

I think this is the big issue, not the 120 vs 160 million. Any contract with big numbers like that has a lot of fake clauses to make the agents look good.

So in conclusion, Mevis and his band of idiots want the Jets to take him to the bank today and the Jets don't want to pay him until the NFL has a new CBA.

9. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

Congrats, you're about to unleash a flood of Hobbes.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Why? The season doesn't start for another 2 and a half weeks.

11. Don

I think everybody has know all along that the amount of guaranteed money is what is most important to him.

12. Don

Think of it this way. If he comes in with a week to go and the Jets let their 150 million dollar man play and he pulls a groin or hammy the Jets will have the biggest media nightmare in history. They just won't do it. Hell, they might not let him play week 1 if he does come in Saturday.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

If theres a media black out,how do they know this?

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There's no way to know that just yet because we simply don't know how good Kyle Wilson will really be just yet. Sure, he's looked solid in preseason thus far. But he hasn't even played in a real game yet. And rookies CBs ALWAYS get tested by opposing quarterbacks once the season starts. We'll see, but hopefully, we will never have to find out if you were right.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with the guaranteed money imo is that Revis has shown with his behaviour that he is willing to hold out even with a contract for the next three years.

Why give him a huge signing bonus now if you have NO GUARANTEE he won't sit out in like 4-5 seasons?

Ferguson and Mangold are model professionals and have been treated as such... Revis is a crying baby and he's the main reason behind this mess.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

What the?!

You do realize Revis isn't sitting on a couch somewhere eating fucking bonbons, right?

I'm fairly confident he's training and staying in shape.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

At this point, I don't care what happens, if he decides to sit the season then sit the season, if it continues on let him sit again, he's not costing us anything let him sit until he wants to play, simple as that, and if he tries and start some shit on the NFLPA, then we would have all the leverage because we have him under contract

No CB is worth this much money, 12 Mil a year is good enough, nothing more, he's well on his way towards tarnishing his name as a Jet, if he doesn't play this season people will be forgetting about Revis Island all together or they will simply hate him for what he's doing, I want our team to win as much as anyone else but not in the expense of a 16 m / year contract no way

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Oddly enough, in games 1-8 last year we had 14 sacks and games 9-16 we had 18 sacks.
    Also in the first 8 games we had 7 picks and 10 picks in the last 8. I agree with your theory but we really did not miss a beat last year, in fact we stepped it up slightly. This is with Revis now, so Rex will have to work his magic at the back end of the defense now which I have compete faith that he can do it. Just keeping a extra guy in coverage while Jenks absorbs 2 blockers and we have about the same scenarios.

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Exactly. His agents have set a precedent that as soon as they want more money for their player they will have him hold out and hold the team hostage.

If the Jets give Revis guaranteed money up front, they can be sure that in 3 years his agents will have him do this again. With these agents the Jets need to spread the money out and also put a clause that has severe ramifications for holding out.

20. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

I wonder if he realizes how much endorsement money he'll be losing out on not playing this year. Probably much more than he's holding out for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.