17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no u do it.
    i dont believe you till you provide the link

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

its not a lie if you believe it.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'll weigh in on the dome debate. If they didn't build it that way it'll never have one.

Shea was built with a future dome option too. So was my ass.

4. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

I was on the side not for the dome. We have that home field advantage year in and year out. Especially with Rex as our coach and his emphasis on running the ball this will continue to help us. Ive been to alot of those cold weather games in december its all about wearing the proper clothing and your fine. Those are some of the best games to go to.

5. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Now once I get to about 50 years old I will clearly see that side of the debate, but from the football standpoint it will always stay the same.

6. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I don't get why both teams couldn't just mandate that the dome is NOT an option for regular season and playoff games. This way both teams can maintain their NE all-weather reps or whatever, but the building would still be able to host all these other events otherwise. Surely no one would FORCE either team to close the dome in bad weather if the team stated from the start that the venue would be an outdoors venue only for its home games. Or am I missing something?

EDIT: obviously referring to a retractable rooof setup here

#9766 asbcheeks, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good idea.

But remember, that would have required thoughtful planning, evidence of which is nonexistant anywhere one looks.

8. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The league decides if a game is played indoors or outdoors in these types of stadiums. I'm not sure the teams could make that decision for all games.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Personally, I'm loving the new stadium. I'm sorry you are so pissed about everything as you are a true fan, but I"m pretty much in disagreement with you. So far, the people I know all had an amazing time at the first game

10. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

That is partially correct. Generally, teams with retractible domes set up a policy regarding when it will be open/closed. For example, they might have a temperature threshold (Hot-Houston, Cold-Toronto). Then, the league approves the policy.

Of course, the league can always force the teams to change policy on a one off basis.

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Personally, I have no problem attending a game in very cold weather. I have a Silverado with very good 4WD so snow is not a problem.

My point is that from an economic standpoint, the Jets/Giants should have:
    1. Had a traditional stadium built for significantly less than $1.6B; or
    2. If they were determined to spend that kind of cash, they should have been able to build a stadium like the West Side Stadium with a dome (retractible or not). Unlike the West Side Stadium site, they had a site that required very little in the way of land acquisition costs, site preparation, and infrastructure upgrades. At the NMS site, throwing up a new open air stadium should not have cost more than $1B much less

I have been to both Cowboys Stadium and NMS. Simply put, Cowboys is nicer for the fans and from a revenue generation standpoint. In particular, Cowboys Stadium offers more opportunity to host events and to generate profits for Jerry Jones than NMS does for the Jets/Giants.

In January, they had a bowl game + the Cowboys. In February, the Cowboys Stadium had the PBR Rodeo and the Monster trucks and I think the NBA All-Star Game. In March, Pacquiou v. Clottey and AMA Supercross.

With weather being what it is, the NMS will be lucky to schedule much of anything until late March or April.

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Wiggles on Ice?

13. Section 227. Row 5

Having an amazing time watching the Jets at games and rooting for the team is always fun. Most dedicated fans I know would go to the game even if they had to sit on high school bleachers. I know I would. And I'd eat a sandwich in the parking lot and still consider it an "amazing time."

So let's not equate having an amazing time at a game with what we've got here, an amazingly overpriced, extremely unnecessary, poorly designed (interior and exterior) building and an absolutely horrendous parking situation for 27,000 Jets fans who attend and have attended religiously for many, many years.

The "people you know" must not include some of those who made less than stellar comments in this thread after the game about the new stadium. I'm talking about the stadium now, not having an amazing time at the game.

I guess it's all about what it takes for someone to have an amazing time. If spending 3 times what you used to spend is amazing, I'll certainly agree with that. But if an amazing time has to include fancy lounges, flat-screen TVs everywhere, gigantic rotundas with fancy looking shandoleers, staircases that seemingly go nowhere becasue you're up, then down, they up again to accomodate egregiously overpriced club areas, multi-sectioned escalators designed by a fucking idiot, beer priced at $9.75 for a Bud Light, 40 miles of walking to get to your car and a 15-year payment plan on a seat in a section that's so spread out you might as well be in the Good Year blimp, then that's not my idea of amazing... it's my idea of stupid.

"People I know," like my next door neighbor, for example, can't stand the new place. I talked to him just yesterday and he said, "There was nothing wrong with the old stadium whatsoever! Not a thing! And the prices they're getting for tickets now, Holy Cow. I guess I won't be going as often as I used to."

Now, before you go off thinking that my next door neighbor is an old crank like me, guess again. He's 26 years old.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I gotta say that while the new stadium is nice, the only part about it that I absolutely love is that it's not called Giants stadium.

When it comes down to it you are correct 227, it's about watching the game.

Sharing the stadium does suck because it had to be designed neutral, it would've been great to have Green everywhere and a more Jet like experience.

When it gets right down to it, we go in hopefully watch the Jets win and leave. I could care less about ordering from 150 different types of food. We try to never leave our seats anyway.

15. Section 227. Row 5

[​IMG]

"Courtney, aren't these hot dogs amazing?"

"Yes they are, Brad. You know I'm on my South Beach Diet, so thank goodness they serve them with no bun because I'm not allowed to eat bread because my ass is getting a little plump. You haven't noticed, have you?"

Well, actually... uh... HEY PETE! What's the score? I'm so busy eating these amazing hot dogs I haven't had time to watch the game."

"Come on Brad, you KNOW you've noticed that I've put on weight, now haven't you?

"4th and One? Holy Shit, I'd better finish up this amazing hot dog and watch the game on our Samsung 42" flat screen."

"DON'T FUCKING IGNORE ME, BRAD! I HATE THAT. AND DON'T TRY TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT. You can be SOOO AMAZING when it's just the two of us, but as soon as you get around my dad and the football guys you don't even want to have conversation with me anymore. AND I AM FUCKING SICK OF IT. I WANT TO GO HOME AND I WANT TO GO HOME RIGHT NOW!'

"Hey, FUCK YOU Courtney! FUCK YOU AND YOUR FAT AMAZING ASS! Now eat your fucking AMAZING hot dog Courtney and get off my case. You're damned lucky I even go out with you. You should be dating some guy in the Uppers where they don't have these AMAZING amenities."

"That's it Brad, I'm telling my dad."

"You're dad is a fucking Giants fan, Courtney. And a fat one at that. So take your AMAZING South Beach Diet and shove it up your AMAZINGLY fat ass!"

#9775 Section 227. Row 5, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  16. Gator

Gator Active Member

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

17. Section 227. Row 5

LOL... this picture has endless possibilities.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

AMAZING! :rofl::beer:

19. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Hey does anyone know if its a rumor or true if we are aloud to bring in open bottle (water aka pepsi with jack) to the game and food??

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It has to be sealed, they remove the cap.