The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

IMO, Sanchez's work ethic & leadership will make him one of the top QBs in the league. The guy is always working to get better and you can't ask for more than that.

At worst he's a more healthy (hopefully) version of Chad (in terms of level, not in the way he plays).

2. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

Excellent is not the appropriate word. Sanchez played decently.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

He was excellent in the Colts game, we lost that one because Manning picked apart the deffense. If he can play like that more consistently he's going to be an awesome QB

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Sanchez "exceeded expectations", which I would term excellent. With the way the gameplan went, he couldn't have done much better. He didn't lead us to any scores in the 2nd half vs. Colts, but without a run game, you can defend a rookie QB.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Rex said he won't comment about Revis, and Scott said that he's confident Revis will be back, then he says he just hopes they come to an agreement that's good for both sides.

Nothing much there.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

^ thanks for checking it out.

8. DRex

DRex Member

i dont get why he couldnt be more like harris mangold and brick....all them came to camp and not ONE of them bitched.....i hate this kids agents man:mad: we will do fine vs balt but ne will make our heads spin with moss downfield and welker and welker jr w those crap ass 5 yard underneath rts...well get picked apart w/o revis against that team but prob win in a 21-14 type game giving up 400 yards off offense(350 in the air) (iour D is just to hard in the redzone, they wont give up many TD's, w/ revis they can challange the points given up in a season

9. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Yea week one i cant wait ...hope we get some Boldin vs Smith Action!! haha Think he will be nervous coming across the middle if Smith is in the game...he didnt expect to be playing against the NYJ this soon after his knockout! (glad he is ok tho)

10. DRex

DRex Member

haha i think he should be more worried about leonhard lol......that lil kid is a beast man....prob has half the talent kerry does but hes twice the player

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He's taking advantage of the fact that Rex declared his last season to be the greatest in NFL history and the fact that he's being touted as a team changer... something that isn't necessarily said about the other 3. The other 3 are all important, but none of them are considered the difference between good and greatest of all time.

12. DRex

DRex Member

not for nothing we had him last year and we werent the greatest of all time because the guy opposite him sucked.....we need him but the most important guy on D is rex and behind him is jenkins......

13. DRex

DRex Member

to further assess what i said i would feel more comfortable in the champ game this year w Cro/Wilson then i was Revis/Sheppard...

Revis/Cro/Wilson > Cro/Wilson/Lowery > Revis/Sheppard/Lowery

am i rite or am i wrong guys?

14. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

LOL...what?

Nobody should be calling Sanchez a 'top QB' at this point. He also shouldn't be, nor needs to be. He just needs to improve.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Jenks went down and our D didn't miss a beat last year- with Pouha in his place.

16. DRex

DRex Member

it might have not missed a beat but we did get hurt a bit on the ground, granted we were 8th in the league but we gave up almost 100 RYPG.....i guarantee with jenkins last season they would have given up about 20 less RYPG and prob would have had another 10 or so sacks, he is going to command a double team and the LB and DE are going to have muuuuch easier time getting to the qb. The D Stays healthy and i do not see a RB cracking 100 yards this season

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This thread has screeched to a halt. We need a new rumor to feed the blob.

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya :up:

I'm surprised that F&N are getting a lot of the blame. I think (no fake news) that Sean Gilbert is probably more responsible for this holdout than anyone else. The agents get the bad rep, which they should, cause they could advise their client differently, but these two clowns aren't Jerry Maguire. Neither has a conscience and they are thinking top $ instead of all the other scenarios. Granted it thier job, but they know as well as we do that Aso's contract is an abomination.

Keels could have done better by LW by suggesting he take a 3rd down back contract instead of trying to get a #1 back money. Not that LW didn't deserve a better contract but 10 mil for 4 years was pretty good for a 3rd down/PR guy.

Sanchez needs to improve, not be elite this year. He's got a ways to go. PManning was pretty terrible in 1998 as well...

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Revis to sign with Jets in the future!!!111!!1!1!!

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Infact, the rumor is that Revis will be signed by wk 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.