The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol @ Cowlishaw colum "One way or another Revis will be a Jet"...yea no shit Jets own his rights for 3 years

2. Not only are the agents not letting darrelle talk to the jets but I'm sure they're also filling darrelle w/ all kinds of lies and such to create a larger gap and keep him focused on the hard line being taken.

These agents are pure scum.100 times worse than Rosenhaus. If they had more high profile clients they'd have the same rep that Scott Boras does in baseball. I'm surprised the media hasn't jumped on this.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I refuse to put all the blame on his agents. He's a big boy now and he can end this anytime he wants. Really, it's all on him, not them.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Can this be confirmed? That would be awesome!

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yeah? He's a very good QB.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Here are some useless John Geiger tweets.

Now somebody asked him if he's watching Hardknocks. His response was

7. No...it's not all on the agents...I agree. But I think you can draw some conclussions when you take a look at former jets that the FO has had problems w/ and who they all had for agents.

Pete Kendall and Chris Baker ring a bell? They're both repped by these schmucks and both were bitching to the media w/ the same conspiracy theories about "Broken promises" and "Lies".

8. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

It's not "all" on either one. They're the ones perpetrating this ridiculous charade of 10 years 162 million. He's the one letting them. Plenty of blame to go around.

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

eh, I'd call him "good". "very" good might be a stretch. He's still a bit unproven, IMO. We'll see

#7849 slimjasi, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Someone needs to tweet him that we're going to picket out in front of Mevi$ condo in Livingston

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I agree totally. This is Alvin Keels all over again: fans want to deflect blame from the players, so we act like agents have some Svengali like hold over their clients.

If Darrelle Revis really wanted to be here, he could call his agents at any time and say "you have 48 hours, take the best deal you can get for me." He hasn't done that, because he wants the money.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, I know but Jones and Washington bitched all the time too and neither had them. Maybe it's the people who find them rather then the people they find to represent.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Revis isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, he's a meathead. It could be all his fault, too. Like he told his agents that he wants more than Aso and he doesn't care how they get it. The agents want to get paid, and they gain nothing from a lockout.

14. Keels is a different kind of agent than S&F are. Keels gets stubborn about market values and refuses to move off numbers until the absolute last minute. But we never really heard Leon bashing the team in the media or the ever present "Broken promises" company line that we hear from the S&F guys.

The client always has the final say but when so many clients of one agent bash front offices in the media w/ the same rehashed "woe is me" crap....that suggests it isn't mere coincidence. Either "Money first" players prefer this firm or this firm spends alot of time instilling this mentality that front offices are out to lie and break promises every chance they get.Either way, the majority of their clients like to create a media circus and always have that same company line when contract negotiations get tough.

15. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

You would think eventually someone in the media would catch on to this instead of feeding into it more.

16. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Fixed that for you.

Besides, any excuse to show that picture. I can't wait for the Ravens look-a-like thread.

17. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Don't get me wrong, Schwartz and Feinsod are clearly bad for business if you're trying to make a deal with the Jets. It's just important to remember that they work for Revis, not the other way around.

I think that this is all true. But I also think that Revis understands that, now that he's come this far, there's basically no incentive for him to come back until the last possible minute. So he'll wait until it's clear that he won't get a penny more than Tanny's best offer, and then we'll do this whole stupid song and dance again in a couple of years when he's outplayed his new contract.

18. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

He's a huge step up from Sanchez.

19. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

He is better than Sanchez now, but still over-rated.

Sanchez played excellent in the 2009 playoffs, where Flacco had 3 picks and no TD's in two games, with somewhere around 50% completions. Where Sanchez picked it up when he needed to, Flacco became a liability.

20. hazmat

hazmat New Member

His agents have to get a good deal for him or else they will lose face and future clients. If Revis decided to end his holdout tomorrow and not take a new contract it would be a disaster for these two clowns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.