The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, that's been posted a few times already.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

oh shit...my bad.

3. I'm not much of a Cimini hater like many other Jet fans. But I will say that it seems like Cimini,Myers, and some of the other local guys don't WANT Revis' holdout to end,b/c it's a main storyline they can continue to write about and get a reaction to. It seems like the only way they want the 2 sides to come to an agreement is if it's 2 games into the regular season or if they personally are breaking the story via some super secret insider.

They're just SO adamant that the 2 sides are far apart and their only reasoning is "Before the media blackout they were 40 million apart and it's doubtful theyve closed that gap to allow for an agreement". It's all just assumptions pulled out of thin air w/ no real evidence or information to support it. They think there's no movement b/c they're too arrogant to believe that maybe for once their inside sources are HONORING the media blackout and that perhaps there is progress behind the scenes. It'll be humorous to hear these guys backtrack if and when a deal actually gets done.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He manned up to his mistake, he didn't throw anybody under the bus like most would. Even though I am upset he was wrong I respect him much more for coming out so quickly saying he had it wrong.

5. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I was hoping he was right. But I respect his honesty, and acknowledging that he was wrong.

6. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

At least he has the sack to man up and say he was wrong. A lot of other writers wouldn't have done that. In my book he's not a total doucher.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Cowlishaw's blog entry shows he is willing to take this on the chin, and credit to him for that, but he should have known that a 15-word "tweet" is no different to his column. His naivety here is shocking and he should never have gone public unless he had his facts firmly in place.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

ESPN 1050 radio said they were close after their email. Fanhouse also said they had sources saying its close.

I still think he might sign today. The Jets are trying to cover this up completely. Also Woody couldnt have been their yesterday, cuz he was at the owners meeting. I'm sure he wanted to be their.

9. Don

Well, he won't be wrong unless it doesn't happen by Saturday. Then he is wrong.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I still think coleslaw has a scoop, but that something fell through in the 11th hour. Seems like somethings going to happen this week.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He still hasn't given up on his source. He just apologized about the Wednesday thing.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Fanhouse and ESPN 1050 radio still reported that they were close according to their sources.

13. Don

Here is the funny think about this. If Cowlishaw had any source that was even remotely accurate then that would mean Revis was coming back into camp without a new deal. That's all it could mean and I think that's quite possible. If he did have a new deal then it would have had to be submitted to the league for approval and we all know that would have been leaked the second it arrived. The fact nobody knows anything must mean there is no new deal far enough along that a contract has been submitted and Revis may have just decided at the last minute not to report until one was signed.

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree the guy was wrong but he was a man about it.

15. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

TC still has a "puncher's chance"

He was wrong about Wednesday, but he could still be right about Saturday. I still doubt it, but I'm really hoping hard on this one.

16. Don

What he actually said originally was "Wednesday or Saturday, probably Wednesday". Noth sure if that makes him wrong yet or not but I still think if he shows up this week it will be without a new deal and they will just keep working on it while he is here.

17. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Yup. Cowlishaw's been doing this for a long time, he wouldn't have stuck his neck out if he didn't believe that his source was right.

He may ultimately be wrong, but this isn't a Chris Broussard, "someone who knows Maverick Carter's friend says that Lebron is definitely signing with the Bulls" type of scoop.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I don't blame Coleslaw at all, he was told by a apparent reliable source and he tweeted about it and stood by it.

If he was given false info for whatever reason it's not his fault.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i dont think woody gives a shit if he is there or not to be honest, but hey maybe...

20. Don

Are the meetings over now? Was that just a one day thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.