The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

It's fine if that money goes to a quarterback. That's way too generous for a CB though. Would you give 10/162 to a HOF fullback? What about a HOF kicker?

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The bolded all give me the feeling that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Sure, there is no deal in place just yet, but I have a lot of trouble believing that Revis and the Jets aren't talking at all, particularly given Woody's curious "the deal isn't done until it's done" phrase.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If you grossly overpay for Revis it effects your ability to pay for the rest of the team. I don't think we're built on "the Redskin philosophy" either.

4. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

When the news broke, he did say Wednesday or Saturday. That's fair of him to say.

5. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

No no no. Rey Lewis is helped by dominant d-linemen that allow him roam from sideline to sideline and be intimidating, hard hitting force that he is (or used to be)

whether that was Siragusa, Ngata or whoever else they have had. The key is that they keep the opposing linemen off him so he can do what he does best.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If the signing is announced on Hard Knocks I don't know what I will do.

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

Masturbate?

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

[​IMG]

9. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

10. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Revis is the best player in the NFL. Give him Brunell's daughter as a signing bonus.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You know... I have absoultely no idea!

I started following the NFL watching the Pats-Panthers SB and some that came after but that was about it... (they use to show the SB in Italy).
    I had always been a fan of AC Milan (soccer) but never followed it quite as much as I currently follow the Jets.

Then one day I decided I wanted to learn more about the NFL and went on NFL.com... and loved it even if I didn't understand all of the rules... but gradually I got a hold of everything and now I consider myself an educated fan.

As for being a Jets fan, I've been to the US 3 or 4 times and always considered NY as my favorite city there. My father used to go there for business when I was little and once he bought me a Jets Helmet (that I still have in my room).
    2/3 years ago I decided I was going to have a favorite team in the NFL, just to make it more interesting, but I thought it wasn't going to be a "passionate" thing... I remember I even considered the Dolphins (because of that Ace Ventura movie) but for some reason they got on my nerves from day 1 :p.
    So I decided I was going to follow the Jets more closely...
    Now that I recall it was around draft time (LOVED the draft from day 1) and I was a huge Gholston fan (ehm -.-").

I think that's about when I joined TGG.com... which I have no idea why I joined since it's the only forum I've ever been subscribed to.

I have no idea how I "transformed" into a passionate Jets fan from being just a casual fan... but it's happened (mainly between the 2008 draft and the start of the season) and I feel a lot more attached to the Jets than the soccer team which I've rooted for my whole life. And if you ask me know what team I support without specifying the sport I say I'm a Jets fan (and in Italy it raises more than an eyebrow :p).

What surprises me the most is that I'm a very rational guy and this is totally un-rational... but hey it happens I guess!

PS The thing I love the most is the team has never had a loosing season since I'm a fan :p!

12. slimjasi

Rex wasn't the defensive coordinator of that 2000 Ravens defense. Marvin Lewis was. It wasn't "his" defense. It was Marvin Lewis's defense. That was predominantly a 4-3 defense and blitzed no where near as much as Rex does. Also, Rex's base is a 3-4

#7552 slimjasi, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Revis: No, thanks.

[​IMG]

14. Capt. Ace Nick

Trade Revis for Tebow and Champ Bailey....Superbowlllllll!!!!!!

15. slimjasi

no chance. Just accept that it isn't happening. Everytime you even mention it as being within the realm of reality, all you do is accidentally and subconsciously set your self up for certain dissapointment

#7555 slimjasi, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  16. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

To basically address what everyone is saying...

Yes, Revis is a CB and not a QB, however he alone covers half of the field...his holdout doesnt exemplify what kind of leadership he brings to the locker room too..last season revis stepped up as a leader, leading by example by his on the field production...if he comes back he will teach cromartie and young kyle wilson how to become better players in their own right, but $162 mil for 10 years does not cripple the franchise...if the 2000 ravens team won the superbowl with trent dilfer and no offense whatsoever, we can do the same with our franchise qb and elite defense (with revis on the field)

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$..

We need Mevi$ to win a Superbowl, and it's difficult to dispute that. This league = passer league. Revis = #1 wr bye, etc,etc (i dont need to go on)

cro, and wilson could be great, but behind them is far from that.

revis and cro sounds absolutely like HISTORY, and behind that is pretty good.

hello, hello we need this fucker.

teams pay pass rushers absurd money..just fucking pay revis.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Great story, dude. Try to recruit some new Jets fans in Italy this year while you're at it.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

She looks like that girl on "Glee".

20. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

THANK YOU!!!!...that statement couldn't be closer to the truth..well put sir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.