The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Let's calm down a little, no?

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

herm is a flamer.

3. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

haha...well he's prolly good with hoes too!...the otherside of the rainbow is actually on revis island touching a hopefully soon to be $162 million dollar pot of gold :)...but in all seriousness he WILL be a hall of famer

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

For those of us who had to do a day's work today and don't have the mental energy to read the fifty - fifty! - new pages on this thread since I last looked at 9am, can someone please summarise today's developments and/or rumours please?

5. Glenn Pascullo

Glenn Pascullo New Member

I disagree in principle. Mevis should get paid more then was due this year. Come to camp and work it out. He does have a contract.

6. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Thats how I really feel..and he's not even in his prime...If he doesnt sign, our defense will go from 1st to between 10-15th...mark my words....he matters to Rex that much...youre telling me rex isnt sitting around the front offices wondering what the fuck hes gonna do to gameplan without revis....rex not having revis is like jamarcus russell without codeine...it could never happen...rex now knows how it is to have the best, he doesnt want to lose that.

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

There's your problem, bringing up the redskins. Dan Snyder loves bringing in huge names: McNabb, Haynesworth, Portis, etc. Problem is, that team is garbage every year because the talents not there. You can't surround a few superstars with average schleps and expect to win a lot of games.

I'm not equating a blockbuster Revis signing with the redskins but it may become eerily similar 4-5 years down the road. Remember, the team we're fielding this season is a rental car. Some of these guys won't be here after a season or two on lease -- read: uncapped year -- so it's all or nothing for 2011/2012.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

How do you explain his success with the Ravens? He's had success without Ed Reed, without Ray Lewis, and without Kris Jenkins.. What makes you think he falls off the mP because of revis. Cromartie is a great corner and Wilson looks promising, I think he'd manage.

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Mevi$ still isn't signed. Only real news was ESPN caught up to Woody at the owner's meeting, and Woody said can't talk about it, but also added he doesn't know where these reports are coming from. Sounds like the reports are bogus is the general jist of it.

No Mevis on Hard knocks tonight.

10. Glenn Pascullo

Glenn Pascullo New Member

YEAH!!! He has to pay his dues. He's still under his rookie contract agreement that he held out for

11. jmclaw

jmclaw New Member

Simply put, revis is no closer to the field than he was 10 days ago. The rumors to the contrary from cowlishaw and fanhouse were false. No new info on if/when he signs

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

13. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot. I'm really glad I didn't attempt to read the fifty new pages!

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is where I'm at now. I've come to accept it.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Cimini and Manish Mehta both reported with certainty that no meeting between the Jets and Revis happened last night

Steve Sabol of HBO was interviewed and stated that there will be no Revis storyline on tonight's Hard Knocks

Woody Johnson was asked by two different ESPN reporters what he thought about this. One reported that Woody said things were "status quo", and another reported that Woody said that "the deal isn't done until it's done."

Cowlishaw joked that he also said that a deal may happen on Saturday in his original tweet. Sticking to his story, but covering himself a bit.

The Fanhouse AOL dude is sticking to his story and won't waver.

16. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I guess im not understanding why or how not giving a 10 year 162 mil to a hall of fame caliber player is a bad thing....our team this year is built on the redskin philosophy which i think will backfire if revis isnt there...however if we sign revis we can make that superbowl run this year and in the future still have him and acquire talent through the draft to replace the players we will lose...dont tell me santonio holmes or cromartie cant be replaced....revis is one of those players that cannot be.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Update your sig.

18. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

ray lewis was on the ravens superbowl team that won by the way...and he had chris mcallister who at the time was in the prime of his career and one of the best corners in the game....his defenses stem from great corners...cromartie and wilson will not cut it...forget about lowery, coles, and coleman....without revis we are not a playoff team

19. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

don't get me wrong, Revis is a great player, but I think you are being a wee bit quick on the hall of fame stuff.

He had an elite year last year, and 2 good years ... a hall of famer he is not quite yet.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I see this all the time in business. The mentality that because your competitor lacks business acumen you have to match them, profits and fiscal responsibility be damned.

Aso's contract is an outlier. It is/was a ridiculous contract given out by a senile owner that shits his pants. He runs an organization that is the laughing stock of the entire NFL. The Lions went 0-16 and still have a better record than the Raiders over the last 8 years.

Any reasonable business person is not going to be held accountable to their fiscal irresponsibility.

Then you mention the other team in the running for the least fiscally responsible, in not just the NFL, in all of sports, the Redskins.

There is no way on gods green earth the Jets should follow their lead in handing out 100 million contracts like their water. Although, I will say that Revis does not carry any baggage, unlike Haynesworth.

This is a zero sum game. Revis wins and some other key player(s) and the Jets lose. You pay Revis his exorbitant demands than you hamstring the franchise for many years to come.

Thank god the Jets/Tannenbaum are not Cowlishawing to Revis exorbitant demands. This isn't personal as I think Revis is an extraordinary talent. You just can not base his salary on an extraordinary contract..........

#7540 Miamipuck, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.