The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

enough with this "Mevi$" term!!!...being the best at what you do deserves a paycheck greater than everyone at the respective position...in this case asomugha...everyone on this board should understand he is our best player on either side of the ball!!!and the best at what he does in the league!...in my opinion already top 10 of all time...He is the sole reason why Rex's defensive schemes can be as effective as they were last year!...granted we added jason taylor, cromartie, and drafted kyle wilson, but do you guys really think cromartie and wilson together will be as effective as revis was alone?!?! come on!...10 year 162 mil is what he should get and what he deserves...in my opinion i think we go 12-4 with him....8-8 without him...

i know i will probably get grilled for this but reading all that Mevi$ talk is retarded

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

the Mevi$ shit pisses me off too. Only because once he signs, and dominates the same people who talked shit will be blowing Mr. Darrelle Revis' dick more than anybody.

3. ibleedgreen7476

maybe I missed it somewhere, but what is the latest on the interview Revis supposedly did yesterday?

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He's sticking to his story, and so is Cowlishaw. I'll take any positive news at this point.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Thank you for un-retarding this thread... I hear Al Davis has an opening for you as GM.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

That's great! Talk to me in 3 years when we're in salary cap hell because we gave a CB 16 million a year. This isn't the fucking Yankees, we can't just throw tens of millions of dollars at these people because they had a great couple of seasons. These contracts have to be done within reason, and basing it on Nnamdis contract is to put it bluntly, unreasonable. Also, Nnamdis contract was not a 10 year deal... Its actually closer to 3.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, I'm sticking with what I have maintained since holdout day #1: Revis and the Jets will work out a deal before September 13nth and Revis will not miss a game. My gut tells me something gets hammred out in the next week or so and I could still see Revis walking into camp by the end of the week.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I love the salary cap hell bullshit. We don't know what the contract is going to look like. Let's calm down.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Waaaaait a second... let's not get things confused.

is Revis VERY attached to money and willing to put his economic greed ahead of anything (by not accepting a fair offer & redescussing a deal he held out for)? YES

Is Revis a great CB? YES

We'll be blowing Revis' dick because of how good he is but NONE of us will change our opinion on the fact he's a "me first" guy when it comes down to money... the two concepts can be kept separate.

10. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Haha thanks. But for the past two days of reading through all of these "Fuck Revis" and "Mevi$" bullshit I decided it was enough and it was time to finally post something...but jfaulknyj said it best....IF this deal goes down and revis starts his domination as he did last year, all of the Mevi$ and fuck revis fools will have revis as their avatar and call for a retiring of his jersey before he even reaches the prime of his career!!!!

think about that...hes not even in his prime yet...scaryyy!

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Trivia Time

What do you call a self-absorbed megalomaniac with 3 years left on his contract who doesn't show up to work and demands 40 million more than the more than generous offer you made putting him as the highest at his position save for one crazy contract?

You got it, Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$ Mevi$.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's reasonable to assume the cap is going to be similar to what it's been the last few years.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Talking about salary cap hell is a reach because no one knows what will happen in 2011 but giving a player too much money may hamper the Jets chances of securing more talent for this team.

Teams ALWAYS operate on a budjet... I don't want to give Revis a 40 mill gift and then not be able to re-sign Harris... he should either sign for a fair deal of GTFO.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

LOL, so true.

The thing that people repeatedly forget, is that the total amount/yearly compensation isn't the total issue. In fact, it isn't even the biggest issue. Revis wants a ton of guaranteed money and the Jets don't want to give anyone a ton of money up front without it being somewhat protected.

15. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

This is true, but giving a DB upwards of 16 million a season isn't exactly promising if a salary cap is in place. It's like paying for 2 all-pro quarterbacks on the same roster, new CBA or not it'll suck.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Just curious. How did you go from a dude in Italy who didn't really care about football to one that is absolutely obsessed with the Jets all in one year?

Not asking to be a dick, but that transformation is fascinating as hell.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Not necessarily. If the 18 game schedule gets approved, there's a possibility that teams will be allowed to have larger rosters. Also, if a rookie pay scale goes into effect that could lower the cap.

18. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

I understand your point...but you aren't talking about the best right now and only for the near future (3 years)....he is already the best at what he does and he isnt even in his prime yet!!!...if the redskins can attain the talent they have and still pay fools like albert haynesworth $100 mil over what was it 5 years? then we should be able to sign revis to a 10 year deal considering when he is on the field I only recall him making one bad play ever...that was when ted ginn had that fluke 80 yd td catch....revis isnt just the best right now...he WILL be a hall of famer!

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Hey, I love Revis as a player... and even in the locker-room he's a positive influence.
    But when it comes down to money I think he's being way to greedy and not putting things into perspective.

To me he is both a great player and a greedy person... those two thing don't contradict each other do they?

When we call him Mevi$ no one is taking anything away from him in terms of talent, ability etc... just judjing him as a human being.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

for a second there I read that you said he would be one hell of a farmer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.